• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hey guys! so theres a few people asking (not just on here) how to do things like root, fix the battery and others. i have looked on Youtube and have found NO videos for the Pipo S1 at all except for unboxing's and such

i have made a few videos on the current subjects

ROOT

FIX THE BATTERY

HOW TO TURN IT INTO A NEXUS7 + MORE TO COME

i understand if me advertising my YouTube channel on here is wrong and if you wish to take it off please do, i just thought following a video is easier and less time consuming then writing it all out

"JackhasAnLG" is my YouTube name, i also have other videos on there as well, they might be of some help to you

- Jack

#2 sgdva

sgdva

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I have seen your videos, a CWM on this tablet would be useful too.
  • Lectric Chuck likes this
~New to android :unsure: ~

#3 Lectric Chuck

Lectric Chuck

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ohio--right on the River!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Hey guys! so theres a few people asking (not just on here) how to do things like root, fix the battery and others. i have looked on Youtube and have found NO videos for the Pipo S1 at all except for unboxing's and such

i have made a few videos on the current subjects

ROOT

FIX THE BATTERY

HOW TO TURN IT INTO A NEXUS7 + MORE TO COME

i understand if me advertising my YouTube channel on here is wrong and if you wish to take it off please do, i just thought following a video is easier and less time consuming then writing it all out

"JackhasAnLG" is my YouTube name, i also have other videos on there as well, they might be of some help to you

- Jack

Thanks for the videos, Jack! I bought my S1 back in September and recently rooted it thanks to your videos. I worked up the confidence and on the third try, it worked. The only problem I see is using the external micro SD card in backups, etc. No apps see the card. What are the benefits of rooting if I can't control these apps?

Chuck
Lectric.Chuck
Pipo S1 now rooted with 4.1.1
Toshiba Thrive 10" with stock ICS
Got rid of the Viewsonic 10" but did manage to root it
"Tech is great, but portibility is the key!"

#4 mommafixit

mommafixit

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for videos. If I decide against cost of replacing, I'll know how to get the PIPO S1 opened and try to repair.

#5 robiellanera

robiellanera

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Good day sir,

I'm 1st timer here and i was bought s1 last week. i just want to ask is what is the benifits of rooting tablets? i was confuse. please help me because i want to root also my pipo s1. good day and god bless all guys.

#6 sgdva

sgdva

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Thanks for the videos, Jack! I bought my S1 back in September and recently rooted it thanks to your videos. I worked up the confidence and on the third try, it worked. The only problem I see is using the external micro SD card in backups, etc. No apps see the card. What are the benefits of rooting if I can't control these apps?

Chuck

There's a workaround to get the data of apps (which is usally the thing that gets the memory full) on the external SD. Search for DirectoryBlind on XDA, I Have 11gb of games on my external SD that way.

#7 nwyoung

nwyoung

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

There's a workaround to get the data of apps (which is usally the thing that gets the memory full) on the external SD. Search for DirectoryBlind on XDA, I Have 11gb of games on my external SD that way.

Great,I'll give this a try.
Thanks for the info.I have a Hero Tab C8 and could always transfer the apps to the external.

#8 sgdva

sgdva

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Great,I'll give this a try.
Thanks for the info.I have a Hero Tab C8 and could always transfer the apps to the external.

No the apps don't get into the sd, the data is what gets there -usually takes like 500mb-4gb into games-.
I'm not sure if you can transfer between phones, I personally recomend to buy each phone/tablet it's respective SD.