Android Tablets Forum banner

Vido Yuandao? N80 IPS

53K views 156 replies 30 participants last post by  John C. 
#1 ·
I ordered yesterday the Original Vido N80 IPS tablet from powerseller Eternal Team on Aliexpress, of which they say its real Yuandao.
Credits to this topic, Nickos-V and others, i did not notice this device until the day before yesterday.

If the specs are right, for example, 400 gr, 4500 mAh, and a good wifi reach, this can become my favorite 8 inch chinatab so far.

Eternal team specs:

Specification
Model Vido N80IPS
Operation System Android 4.1 Jelly bean
Screen 8" IPS Multi-points Capacitive Screen
Resolution 1024x768 pixel
CPU Rockchip RK3066 Dual core 1.6Ghz
GPU ARM Mali400 Quad core
RAM 1GB DDR3
Nand Flash 16GB
Webcam Front 2.0MP+Back 2.0MP Dual Cameras
Wireless Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
3G N/A
Bluetooth N/A
HDMI Yes
OTG Yes
G-sensor Support
Power
Battery 4500mAH
Working Time Up to 5 Hours
Power Device AC Adapter Input 100/240V Output 5V 2.0A 2.5mm
Device Specification
Color Front black back white
Dimensions 199x153x12mm
Net Weight 400g
Software Support
Office Support MS Office Word, PPT, Excel
Email Gmail, POP3/SMTP/IMAP4
Others
Multi-Media
Video AVI, MP4, FLV, 3GP, MKV, WMV etc.
Audio MP3, WMA, OGG, AAC, WAV FLAC etc.
Picture JPG/BMP/PNG/GIF.
E-Book PDF, TXT etc.
Ports 1 x Micro USB
1 x DC Jack
1 x TF Card Slot
1 x Earphone Jack
What's in the box 1 x Tablet PC
1 x Charger
1 x User's Manual
1x OTG cable
1x Earphone
1 x Micro USB cable

See less See more
#2 ·
I came across the same thread today and just in time too! Let us know how it turns out to be! I already have the N101 II from the same company and wanting to get the 8" for my wife! If the quality is the same then it's gonna be an awesome tablet! Too bad about the Bluetooth though!

#3 ·
Hi janesh,

Yes I ordered one today too. Fingers crossed it's as good as the specification would have us believe. I ordered using DHL so hopefully will be here within 7 days if not sooner.

Jez

#5 ·
Oke guys glad to see i am not the only one who ordered the N80IPS.

I used also DHL Jez, just like the Momo8 last monday without paying tax. I asked them to send it as gaming accessoiries, value 25 usd.

Mine is shipped today, i expect it will be monday.

#6 ·
Great news janesh. You will probably receive it first so we can read your review of what to expect when we get ours! Fingers crossed re duty

Jez

#7 ·
I ordered it with Singapore post. I was very suspicious about this tablet but I also found it on Taobao and from what I understood, the feedback was good. I am glad that they started selling it just at the right time for my 30$ coupon

I heard that the included chargers are generally not very good. Can someone recommend a high quality affordable charger? What kind of plug do these tablets have?

#8 ·
I am glad that they started selling it just at the right time for my 30$ coupon

I heard that the included chargers are generally not very good. Can someone recommend a high quality affordable charger? What kind of plug do these tablets have?
In the first post above:
"Power Device AC Adapter Input 100/240V Output 5V 2.0A 2.5mm"

What $30 coupon? Details please. =)

#10 ·
I got him, first impression, very good, now busy.

later,

#11 ·
Today i received the Yuandao vido N80IPS, and after using it a few hours i am very satisfied. The IPS screen is beautifull, no dead pixels and very bright and sensitive.
It runs very smooth on android 4.1.1, no lag and freezes so far.
The wifi reach is very good, much better as the ployer Momo8 IPS, and simular with the teclast P85HD.
Build quality is good, the weight is indeed about 400 gram and the bezel is smaller as the one of the P85HD, and simular with the Momo8 IPS.
So until now the N80IPS is for sure worth the money i payed, (150 usd Eternal Team DHL shipping) and again no tax.

#13 ·
Today i received the Yuandao vido N80IPS, and after using it a few hours i am very satisfied. The IPS screen is beautifull, no dead pixels and very bright and sensitive.
It runs very smooth on android 4.1.1, no lag and freezes so far.
That sounds really great! Enjoy your new tablet! Let us know in about 1 week if you like the N80IPS better than the other 8" tablets.

Also, thanks for adding in a signature. It is very good and lets the rest of us know what tablets you use and like. =)

Later,

PS, I was little worried to hear that N101-II has jittery effect with touchscreen but hoping this issue is not present with N80IPS.

#12 ·
Hey janesh,

Glad the N80IPS is living up to expectations. Mine is still en route from China but you have whetted my appetite so I am looking forward to receiving it even more now.

It's now a race between the N80IPS & Prestigio as to which one gets here first, but the latter was posted in the UK today.

Jez

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
I received my Window N80IPS today
and returned the Prestigio

Really happy with the N80IPS. Nice bright and sharp IPS screen, great viewing angles. The machine feels solid but not too heavy (actually weighs in at 405g on my kitchen scales). Also I get 150Mbps connections to my router and WiFi seems very strong. I need to do some further testing etc but so far it is looking like a great 8 inch tablet

Full marks to Eternal Team who also included a UK AC adapter (no separate adapter plug needed).

Jez

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good News Sleepy

Try here:

Yuandao f/w

Looks like a 2 hour download for me. Will mirror it for others once I have it. Latest N80IPS f/w seems to be 1st December (mine came with 3 November f/w although I haven't found any issues so far and the battery is lasting well.)

Hey, have you guys noticed the speaker on this tablet is great for such a small footprint.

Jez

#18 ·
Thanks Sleepy, got it now too.

Jez

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here is a change list for the latest 1st December firmware (translated from Chinese):

N80 dual engine IPS-4.1.1-20,121,201-official version:

The original Road N80 dual-engine S upgrade Android 4.1.1 nine new features:
1. New unlock screen
2. Brand new UI experience more fluid
3. Enhanced notification bar
4. Desktop plugin automatically resize
5. Expansion of language and input method
6. Camera animation
7. Google Maps offline mode
8. The built-in Chrome browser
9. Enhanced browser performance

Original Road N80 dual-engine S upgrade Android 4.1.1 enhanced voice features:
1. Increase Google now private voice assistant
2. Increasing the voice input feature

Original Road N80 dual-engine S upgrade Android 4.1.1 exclusive new features:
1. The increase in the floating window Floating Video function (PIP)

Features:
Floating window function (Floating Video) on a tablet or mobile phone screen to pop up a new video window, this window can always be on top of any screen interface. You can watch the video side, side view E-mail or browse the Web, and real-time drag, zoom, minimize, as well as play, pause, search operations, without having to switch back and forth in a cumbersome operation.

Main functions:
Online video in the page "picture-in-picture"
Local video "PIP"

Jez

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
The one that I received from Eternal is fine and even has a UK plug.

By the way, after the second charge I just got over 8 hours use which I think is really good. That is with the display at 50%, wifi on all the time, doing a mix of web surfing, youtube, video playback, games, email, the bay, etc. You can see from the "blip" that after a period turned off when turned back on the battery started at a higher percentage than when it was turned off. Also the tablet continued working for another 40 minutes after this screenshot which implies that there was more than 2% left. So maybe battery stats are not being reported correctly. Either way the tablet lasts for a log time on a full charge.

Jez

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am using 1st December fw and haven't had to edit build.prop yet.

I rooted using zhuodashi. Took a little longer than usual as they have changed the UI slightly in zhuodashi v2.20 causing a bit of confusion lol. You still have to run it twice though. N. B. Superoneclick and Bin4ry methods didn't work.

Jez

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone have a list of games that work on this tablet?
After these days using it, any of you had any problems so far?

Bought one from Eternal too, just waiting it to be shipped =)

I paid a little more (around 170) but this is due to express shipping costing a lot to Latin America... =/

Is there someone who is working on custom rooms for this? In XDA or here...
And have anyone tested Cyanogenmod or another distro?

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone have a list of games that work on this tablet?
After these days using it, any of you had any problems so far?
Any games in particular you want tested?

No problems so far apart from battery stats maybe not reported correctly (see edited post above).

I am finding the screen an excellent size for reading PDF magazines, especially when compared to my Nexus 7. It's surprising what a difference the extra screen area makes.

Speaking of which for those who haven't seen it yet Nickos-V has a very informative post here about screen areas, PPIs and aspect ratios.

Jez

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am curious to know if Google Play Store works (and if it comes with it or only Android Market)...
Another one is Google Maps, do the navigation or localization works with WiFi and / or 3G dongle?
And the games I am more interested are Mass Effect: Infiltrator and N.O.V.A. 3...
For HDMI, did you already connect it to your TV? Is it good?
I went with the 8" too as what I will do most is to read books and study... Most of the books I use are in pdf and I find it really awful to read them in the computer / laptop... I am hoping to have a much better experience with this tablet!
Do the pdf reader (is it adobe?) works like a charm or are there any problems you found during your readings?
Is the IPS screen of the N80 really nice for reading?

EDIT: what about the sound of this? are the speakers ok quality at least? and the headphone output is good sounding?

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am curious to know if Google Play Store works (and if it comes with it or only Android Market)...
Play Store works fine. Most apps seem to be there (apart from NOVA 3). I'm sure there are others but no tablet is perfect.

Another one is Google Maps, do the navigation or localization works with WiFi and / or 3G dongle?
Seems to work ok with Wifi. I don't have a 3G dongle to test.

And the games I am more interested are Mass Effect: Infiltrator and N.O.V.A. 3...
Mass Effect: Infiltrator works. I cannot see N.O.V.A. 3 in Play Store so I will have to side load it (or try build.prop tweaks)...then again at £4.99 maybe I'll wait until it's on offer again. Shadowgun works fine. Got to test Asphalt 7.

For HDMI, did you already connect it to your TV? Is it good?
Not yet tested. Will try tonight and update here.

I went with the 8" too as what I will do most is to read books and study... Most of the books I use are in pdf and I find it really awful to read them in the computer / laptop... I am hoping to have a much better experience with this tablet!
Do the pdf reader (is it adobe?) works like a charm or are there any problems you found during your readings?
Is the IPS screen of the N80 really nice for reading?
I use it quite a bit for PDF magazines and the screen is great for this. I have a few paid apps for PDFs but I find Adobe Reader pretty good actually. It even saves your location within a PDF.

EDIT: what about the sound of this? are the speakers ok quality at least? and the headphone output is good sounding?
Sound is very good for a small footprint single speaker design. Will try headphones and update here tonight.

Jez

Reactions: Tio Paladino
#30 ·
The Nexus screen is better but then it costs a lot more. Colours are warmer and more saturated and it goes brighter. That said I still only have the N80 set to half brightness for normal use (same as the Nexus 7). You would need to wear sunglasses to use the Nexus at maximum brightness.

Jez

#31 ·
Tried the hdmi out and found that 1080p output is intermittent. On my Sony 40 inch screen it flashes on and off. Selecting 720p or lower and it works fine. Guess this could be fixed in future firmware. Watched a video and both audio and video were very good.

Also tried headphone output on the tablet using my Sennheiser PX100s and was pleasantly surprised by the audio quality and loudness.

Btw I edited build.prop and Nova 3 is now visible. Asphalt 7 downloaded very fast thanks to the 150mbps wifi connection but won't run (keeps looping on the check license screen).

Jez

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.