• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#21 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

The one that I received from Eternal is fine and even has a UK plug.

By the way, after the second charge I just got over 8 hours use which I think is really good. That is with the display at 50%, wifi on all the time, doing a mix of web surfing, youtube, video playback, games, email, the bay, etc. You can see from the "blip" that after a period turned off when turned back on the battery started at a higher percentage than when it was turned off. Also the tablet continued working for another 40 minutes after this screenshot which implies that there was more than 2% left. So maybe battery stats are not being reported correctly. Either way the tablet lasts for a log time on a full charge.

Posted Image

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 December 2012 - 07:20 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#22 totski2012

totski2012

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I ordered 1 from eternal too. I'm curious whether the stock firmware or the December 1st one is better? Games compatibility or should the build prop be edited? Best way to root this device?

#23 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:08 AM

I am using 1st December fw and haven't had to edit build.prop yet.

I rooted using zhuodashi. Took a little longer than usual as they have changed the UI slightly in zhuodashi v2.20 causing a bit of confusion lol. You still have to run it twice though. N. B. Superoneclick and Bin4ry methods didn't work.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 December 2012 - 03:12 AM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#24 totski2012

totski2012

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

K. Thanks. Will try it once I receive the tablet.

#25 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:11 AM

Does anyone have a list of games that work on this tablet?
After these days using it, any of you had any problems so far?

Bought one from Eternal too, just waiting it to be shipped =)

I paid a little more (around 170) but this is due to express shipping costing a lot to Latin America... =/

Is there someone who is working on custom rooms for this? In XDA or here...
And have anyone tested Cyanogenmod or another distro?

Edited by miniic, 12 December 2012 - 07:13 AM.

#26 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

Does anyone have a list of games that work on this tablet?
After these days using it, any of you had any problems so far?

Any games in particular you want tested?

No problems so far apart from battery stats maybe not reported correctly (see edited post above).

I am finding the screen an excellent size for reading PDF magazines, especially when compared to my Nexus 7. It's surprising what a difference the extra screen area makes.

Speaking of which for those who haven't seen it yet Nickos-V has a very informative post here about screen areas, PPIs and aspect ratios.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 December 2012 - 07:28 AM.

#27 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I am curious to know if Google Play Store works (and if it comes with it or only Android Market)...
Another one is Google Maps, do the navigation or localization works with WiFi and / or 3G dongle?
And the games I am more interested are Mass Effect: Infiltrator and N.O.V.A. 3...
For HDMI, did you already connect it to your TV? Is it good?
I went with the 8" too as what I will do most is to read books and study... Most of the books I use are in pdf and I find it really awful to read them in the computer / laptop... I am hoping to have a much better experience with this tablet!
Do the pdf reader (is it adobe?) works like a charm or are there any problems you found during your readings?
Is the IPS screen of the N80 really nice for reading?

EDIT: what about the sound of this? are the speakers ok quality at least? and the headphone output is good sounding?

Edited by miniic, 12 December 2012 - 08:16 AM.

#28 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

I am curious to know if Google Play Store works (and if it comes with it or only Android Market)...

Play Store works fine. Most apps seem to be there (apart from NOVA 3). I'm sure there are others but no tablet is perfect.

Another one is Google Maps, do the navigation or localization works with WiFi and / or 3G dongle?

Seems to work ok with Wifi. I don't have a 3G dongle to test.

And the games I am more interested are Mass Effect: Infiltrator and N.O.V.A. 3...

Mass Effect: Infiltrator works. I cannot see N.O.V.A. 3 in Play Store so I will have to side load it (or try build.prop tweaks)...then again at £4.99 maybe I'll wait until it's on offer again. Shadowgun works fine. Got to test Asphalt 7.

For HDMI, did you already connect it to your TV? Is it good?

Not yet tested. Will try tonight and update here.

I went with the 8" too as what I will do most is to read books and study... Most of the books I use are in pdf and I find it really awful to read them in the computer / laptop... I am hoping to have a much better experience with this tablet!
Do the pdf reader (is it adobe?) works like a charm or are there any problems you found during your readings?
Is the IPS screen of the N80 really nice for reading?

I use it quite a bit for PDF magazines and the screen is great for this. I have a few paid apps for PDFs but I find Adobe Reader pretty good actually. It even saves your location within a PDF.

EDIT: what about the sound of this? are the speakers ok quality at least? and the headphone output is good sounding?

Sound is very good for a small footprint single speaker design. Will try headphones and update here tonight.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 December 2012 - 12:02 PM.

• Tio Paladino likes this

#29 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for all the answers, looking forward for the further tests you'll do!

About the screen, I saw you have a Nexus 7... How does the N80 IPS screen compares to the Nexus one?

#30 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

The Nexus screen is better but then it costs a lot more. Colours are warmer and more saturated and it goes brighter. That said I still only have the N80 set to half brightness for normal use (same as the Nexus 7). You would need to wear sunglasses to use the Nexus at maximum brightness.

Jez

#31 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Tried the hdmi out and found that 1080p output is intermittent. On my Sony 40 inch screen it flashes on and off. Selecting 720p or lower and it works fine. Guess this could be fixed in future firmware. Watched a video and both audio and video were very good.

Also tried headphone output on the tablet using my Sennheiser PX100s and was pleasantly surprised by the audio quality and loudness.

Btw I edited build.prop and Nova 3 is now visible. Asphalt 7 downloaded very fast thanks to the 150mbps wifi connection but won't run (keeps looping on the check license screen).

Jez

#32 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:04 AM

Is the screen G+G?

#33 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Hard to say. The documentation and packaging don't mention G+G anywhere.
The only Vido webpage I can find is for the Non-IPS version which does mention G+G (see here).

Jez

#34 Tio Paladino

Tio Paladino

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNATAL - RN / BRASIL

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hard to say. The documentation and packaging don't mention G+G anywhere.
The only Vido webpage I can find is for the Non-IPS version which does mention G+G (see here).

Jez

Whereas the nom-ips version is older than this and has G+G, we conclude that the IPS version also features.
Friends would like the link to download the latest firmware.
Thank you for your attention and good morning everyone.
I buy my "precious" yesterday and need help with root and firmware update.

#35 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

How was the packaging from Eternal and from Vido?
Do they use bubble wrap or something to increase the protection of the tablet?
As I am in Brazil I am always afraid of how the post handles the packages...
It is common for things to arrive messed up =(

I am looking after the Teclast P88 also, as it looks basically the same as N80IPS, the only difference maybe the 0.3 front camera of P88 and the G+G screen...

Is the screen quality of G+G supposed to be better?

EDIT: I saw the vido / yuandao website and it is really to note that they do not have the N80IPS listed...
if it was not for the good quality product you have in hands, I would think the seller was advertising a fake one.

Edited by miniic, 13 December 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#36 Tio Paladino

Tio Paladino

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Thanks for link, download speed is really slow, but hope to get this fw asap!

p.s.Repacked and uploaded: https://docs.google....W1sbjctT0k/edit
Just installed and rooted it.

U help me so much! Thx a lot! :drinks:

#37 Tio Paladino

Tio Paladino

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

How was the packaging from Eternal and from Vido?
Do they use bubble wrap or something to increase the protection of the tablet?
As I am in Brazil I am always afraid of how the post handles the packages...
It is common for things to arrive messed up =(

I am looking after the Teclast P88 also, as it looks basically the same as N80IPS, the only difference maybe the 0.3 front camera of P88 and the G+G screen...

Is the screen quality of G+G supposed to be better?

EDIT: I saw the vido / yuandao website and it is really to note that they do not have the N80IPS listed...
if it was not for the good quality product you have in hands, I would think the seller was advertising a fake one.

Hello, good morning.
I am also Brazilian, bought my N80IPS with Eternal Team staff are very attentive.
About P88, all experts have high expectations about it, but have not done any review.
I bought the N80IPS because the P88 was not available.
About shipping product, I suggest you ask to be sent by UPS Expedited, I used this method because my brother has experience in importing from China and said it is very efficient.
Good luck with your purchase. :drinks:

#38 miniic

miniic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

What about taxes? Did you ask them to mark the item as a lower value?
How long did it take for you to get it?
How much did you pay for it??

#39 HD-

HD-

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hello. Im now an owner of N80IPS.
Just recieved it from Ethernal team.
Packing was very good, tablet could survive being a ball at football match.
I got it in 16 days after my order by Sing post in Ukraine. It was valued ~50$ gift.
Just downloaded s/w for it. How should i install it?

#40 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Anyone have an external Bluetooth adapter they can test out with this tablet? Want to know if Yuandao's firmware properly supports Bluetooth or not.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).