PiPO Max-M8 DualCore 9.4" HD-IPS +3G Tablet

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 q7xa1

q7xa1

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

got my M8 end of Jan. from Pandaw. sometimes got this frozen screen and therefore i had to coldstart. otherwise all functions seem to work. but nevertheless today i tried to install the english FW 201301151613. had some problem to install rockchip driver - i think because bad contact at miniUSB. at last it worked. but setting show: RK30_ANDROID4.1.1-SDK-v1.00.00 WXGA-eng4.1.1 nJRO03H20121218.095806release-keys
someone knowing if this is correct? thanks-
Frank

#162 ammiel28

ammiel28

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Bought a m8 2 weeks ago. Everything was working well except for a few hangs here and there but today after playing and leaving it in sleep mode for a while when I came back. I don't know what happened but it won't turn on. I tried charging it but nothing happens, tried connecting it to the pc but still nothing. Any ideas what to do?

#163 Hames

Hames

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

did you try resetting your tab? i.e, pressing the reset button or holding the power for 10 secs will do.

#164 ammiel28

ammiel28

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:19 AM

I was able to get power it on again by resetting it but this has been happening more frequently now without any pattern at all. Any ideas why is this happening?

#165 ruvins

ruvins

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

Anyone tried using Viber and Skype on Pipo M8 3G? Because I've bought an earphone with mic for VoIP and the mic doesn't seem to work because the caller can't hear me but I can hear him. When I used the loudspeaker option and plugged off the earphone, the caller on the other side can hear me. Anyone can help? Thanks!

#166 subsonicPH

subsonicPH

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:51 AM

Anyone tried using Viber and Skype on Pipo M8 3G? Because I've bought an earphone with mic for VoIP and the mic doesn't seem to work because the caller can't hear me but I can hear him. When I used the loudspeaker option and plugged off the earphone, the caller on the other side can hear me. Anyone can help? Thanks!

- PIPO M8 might not support mic functions for its 3.5mm port. since its not a phone.
- the earphone u have bought may not be compatible with the tablet. different manufacturers have different configurations for their device and 3.5mm jack.
- a regular stereo headphone would work while using the built in mic of the tab.

#167 ruvins

ruvins

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

- PIPO M8 might not support mic functions for its 3.5mm port. since its not a phone.
- the earphone u have bought may not be compatible with the tablet. different manufacturers have different configurations for their device and 3.5mm jack.
- a regular stereo headphone would work while using the built in mic of the tab.

So there's no hope at all for me to use viber in our Pipo M8? Didn't know that... Has anybody else experienced the same thing that's happening to my M8? Need help please? THANKS! :CC

#168 akkakkakka

akkakkakka

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

I hope Pipo will release an rk3188 version of the m8. All the other specs of the device are awesome! But i think this is a bad moment to buy a tablet as your tablet will be outdated real soon. Especially if you calculate in the shipping time.

If you are going to think like that you'll never buy anything. There's always something better on the horizon.

Also, remember that the "old" version has been thoroughly tested and has a certai level of support from the community. The new and flashy things aren't tested as to the same degree, and people haven't had time to settle down on a conclusion regarding its quality.

I'll buy old, tested and working over new and unknown any day.