#41 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Hello,
I am waiting for the 3g inbuilt pipo m8. Do u have any information when it will be released?

Regards,

Shijo

#42 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Hello,

Put your tablet in firmware update mode, connect to pc, install drivers and run the RKbatch Tools program, with it you can upgrade the firmware.

Db

I've put it in update mode (the droid with the "!" coming out of his stomach, and when i've plugged it into the PC, it shows up as a "U1" and still will not update the driver. Is this the right update mode as i see that on the pipo site it has a RK29 device showing up in the device window.

#43 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Hello,
I am waiting for the 3g inbuilt pipo m8. Do u have any information when it will be released?

Regards,

Shijo

According to Aliexpress, theres a seller, Grace International, that has just started selling them for $246. search for Trully Built-in 3G.

#44 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

With regards to the above. I have bought a 3G model as well which i will be receiving shortly. I will update when it's here.

#45 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

bazaar can u share the link from which you brought the 3G model?

#46 john.zoock

john.zoock

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Yes, I upload the English Manual here

Db

Thank you very much. Reading the manual I'm waiting the arrival of the tablet more excited.

#47 gronaldo

gronaldo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hi,

Is there a way to root this tablet?

Thanks

by the way, i got the 16G wifi version from ali express (eternal flame - around 190$ ) and i'm pretty impressed by this tablet.
Everything worked out of the box: wifi, screen, upgrade to latest firmware , play store...
I've not used it enough to estimate battery length

The only issue i met so far is with Chrome: there is a version shipped with the tablet that works ok but when updating to latest it keeps freezing.
I cannot uninstall it (only latest updates) without root . There are no problem with FireFox or built in browser.

Many thanks / Merci.

#48 skrumzy

skrumzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

You sure you bought a pipo m8 and not a ainol flame?

Hi,

Is there a way to root this tablet?

Thanks

by the way, i got the 16G wifi version from ali express (eternal flame - around 190$ ) and i'm pretty impressed by this tablet.
Everything worked out of the box: wifi, screen, upgrade to latest firmware , play store...
I've not used it enough to estimate battery length

The only issue i met so far is with Chrome: there is a version shipped with the tablet that works ok but when updating to latest it keeps freezing.
I cannot uninstall it (only latest updates) without root . There are no problem with FireFox or built in browser.

Many thanks / Merci.

#49 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

bazaar can u share the link from which you brought the 3G model?

The supplier has taken the link down. I have emailed them and they stated that they were pre-orders and they had received enough orders for their quota so they stopped taking orders.

I have also received an email from a worker at Pipo customer service who stated "M8 3G needs some more time, but we will launch tablets even better than M8. provide good service to you all."

We'll just have to see what happens. I'll just stick with my wifi M8 for now.....

#50 mtraynor

mtraynor

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:54 PM

Hi Guys,

I have purchased two Pipo M8 tablets from Spemall. Delivery was pretty impressive arrived before expected delivery date without any hassle and looks and feels great. A slight problem though I have is that 1 out of the 2 tablets shipped isn't functioning correctly. The touch screen is playing up once turned on and won't let me unlock the tablet although when you reset the tablet it functions again only for a short period to again freeze once back on lock screen. I'm thinking this a qlitch in the firmware and have been back and forth on email to spemall and have been advised to update the tablet. The problem I have now is I don't know how to and would be great full if I could be pointed in the right direction or even have a quick guide on how to do so. I tried downloading the firmware from pipo straight from my tablet but still nothing is happening. Any help is much appreciated.

Mark

#51 mtraynor

mtraynor

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Hi Guys,

I have purchased two Pipo M8 tablets from Spemall. Delivery was pretty impressive arrived before expected delivery date without any hassle and looks and feels great. A slight problem though I have is that 1 out of the 2 tablets shipped isn't functioning correctly. The touch screen is playing up once turned on and won't let me unlock the tablet although when you reset the tablet it functions again only for a short period to again freeze once back on lock screen. I'm thinking this a qlitch in the firmware and have been back and forth on email to spemall and have been advised to update the tablet. The problem I have now is I don't know how to and would be great full if I could be pointed in the right direction or even have a quick guide on how to do so. I tried downloading the firmware from pipo straight from my tablet but still nothing is happening. Any help is much appreciated.

Mark

#52 gronaldo

gronaldo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Yes, i'm pretty thanks to the large "PIPO" logo showing at boot time :)

I managed to root it using TPSharsky tool and install busy box, remove some system apps.

However there is an annoying problem, it is not hardware but is related to wifi

The signal strength is very high and does not drop but sometimes it is not connected
i must start & stop to reinitialize

It is the same as described here:
https://code.google....detail?id=34942

You sure you bought a pipo m8 and not a ainol flame?

#53 skrumzy

skrumzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

Hi Guys,

Mark

What the hell? I am having some seriously bad luck with these Chinese suppliers. First pandawill lied to me about M2 wifi stock, got a refund, then g adgetgreats did the same, and now spemall can't supply me a tracking number for my pipo m8 I purchased on 07 December. Why is it so hard for these people to do business right? If you have inventory, display it as so on your eCommerce store and if you don't...DON'T TAKE ORDERS FOR THEM.

Edited by skrumzy, 20 December 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#54 skrumzy

skrumzy

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Yes, i'm pretty thanks to the large "PIPO" logo showing at boot time :)

I managed to root it using TPSharsky tool and install busy box, remove some system apps.

However there is an annoying problem, it is not hardware but is related to wifi

The signal strength is very high and does not drop but sometimes it is not connected
i must start & stop to reinitialize

It is the same as described here:
https://code.google....detail?id=34942

Wasn't trying to insult you. I just have never heard it referred to as eternal flame and the price was kind of low for it to be a pipo m8.

#55 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

Where do you get this tool from as I cannot find it.

#56 gronaldo

gronaldo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Wasn't trying to insult you. I just have never heard it referred to as eternal flame and the price was kind of low for it to be a pipo m8.

My message was not clear sorry.Eternal Flame is the name of the seller on AliExpress . And the price was in Euros that is why it looks lower but in dollar i think it is 220$/230$

#57 gronaldo

gronaldo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:36 AM

Where do you get this tool from as I cannot find it.

I got here from this board after i signed up:
http://vondroid.com/...ing-guide.1004/

There is nothing particular to do:
1) activate usb debugging on PIPO M9 (developer options in settings)
2) plug the tablet
3) launch the tool and follow the instruction on the screen

Basically it will reboot 3 times and at one point there should be a message showing an "id=0" it means it is rooted

Then go to Google Play Store and install "SuperSu" and "busyBox"

#58 gronaldo

gronaldo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

Hi Guys,

Mark

To update

1) download latest firmware (12/10/2012) from website: http://pan.baidu.com...0&uk=1811948349
2) download and install the flash tool: http://www.topnotcht...chTool1.5en.zip
3) plug the tablet via usb and when asked install the drivers (RK30*.inf etc..) located in the folder where RKtools is installed.
4) Once fully recognized, just select the image (update.img) and launch the process

It takes 10 minutes to flash and wipe out everything on the tablet. but it did work without problem for me.

http://www.topnotcht...dateProcess.pdf

Edited by gronaldo, 20 December 2012 - 03:51 AM.

#59 Poil

Poil

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

For the moment, I've 1 Max M2, 1 Ployer Momo11 Fast version, and I just bought 3 M8.
Can you tell me how is the sound, especially compared to the M2 ?
M2 is the fantastic : stability, reliability, good wifi, great screen, and no bug for the moment : no valid reason to use a custom firmware...
No 3G : I prefer to use the pocket mi-fi wireless router Huawei E5331 (for all the devices).

Scuzi for my english writing :huh:

#60 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

3) plug the tablet via usb and when asked install the drivers (RK30*.inf etc..) located in the folder where RKtools is installed.

I'm still having problems flashing anything. In debug mode in jelly bean, it is recognised as an M8 in the devices in windows 8 x64 or if i hold down the esc and power to get the android figure, it is recognised as a U1. On either of them, it will not install the drivers.