how much time it toke to arrive ?

i realy would like to buy
also thought for the M3 but now my guess ill go with M8

#22 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hi, just received my Pipo M8. I'm impressed. I have owned a cube u9gt2 and Aoson M11 previously. Also recently bought a PD80 Vogue (which sucks...dont buy it...crappy and dark screen,so-so speakers)....so I have a few chinese tablets I can compare it too.

1) Great Screen! Vivid colours, crisp images etc.
2) VEEEERY Thin and cool design. Looks better in person than pics on the net. Comfortable to hold
3) Front speakers are loud and clear. Although, the balance seems a bit off...the left speakers seems to be a bit louder than the right speaker. Not sure why, but i'm hoping i can adjust the balance.
4) Wifi connection is excellent
5) Software and OS is snappy. Pipo must have tweaked it.
6) Additional widgets and UI provided by Pipo which is nice
7) Has a white LED charging light indicator on the top next to power plug which is a nice surprise.
8) No complaints aside from the speaker balance issue. although i got used to it after a couple minutes

cheers!

#23 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I forgot to mention that I bought both the Pipo M8 and PD80 Vogue from SPEMALL. Great service! You can chat with them and negotiate a bit on price ($5 - $10) if you are buying a case or multiple items and they will ship together. They are very patient in chatting online and will respond to emails within 2 hours. I previously bought 4 tablets from ELIJAH on Aliexpress, bt after my last experience, they provide terrible customer service...so much so that i will not buy from the, again. They dont answer emails and just dont care. SPEMALL offer comparable prices and way better service. IXNAY on ELIJAH STORE...They also ship inferior products and tell you that they will give you a discount next time you buy from them. I contacted them and mentioned I want to buy 2 tablets and to work a deal out from the previous mistake they made....they ignored 5 or 6 emails and made it difficult to try to do a transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ELIJAH on AliEpress!!!

Edited by Nerdy Canuk, 10 December 2012 - 06:06 PM.

#24 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

i have brought a pipom2 case and aluminium stand recently from spemall and my experience with their support has been wonderful..am wiating for the 3G version of this tablet to come to spemall before i order..its saddening to see that roman is missing out on selling this wonderful tablet :mellow: :mellow:

#25 absint

absint

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hello there:

Thanks for your comments...

By the way, I forgot to mention that asking Pipo people on Facebook about the update to Android 4.2 This is what they replied me: "No schedule to upgrade to 4.2. We prefer to make 5.0 directly. 5.0 is coming soon"... (this could be interesting)!

I have the User Manual in english for Pipo M8 (that they have to send me by email) if someone needs it...

DB

Could you email me the manual in english please? totino (at) gmail (dot) com. I'd greatly appreciate it.

I got the M8 in the mail on Friday, and it hasn't left my side since... I'm in love :).

Hi, just received my Pipo M8. I'm impressed. I have owned a cube u9gt2 and Aoson M11 previously. Also recently bought a PD80 Vogue (which sucks...dont buy it...crappy and dark screen,so-so speakers)....so I have a few chinese tablets I can compare it too.

1) Great Screen! Vivid colours, crisp images etc.
2) VEEEERY Thin and cool design. Looks better in person than pics on the net. Comfortable to hold
3) Front speakers are loud and clear. Although, the balance seems a bit off...the left speakers seems to be a bit louder than the right speaker. Not sure why, but i'm hoping i can adjust the balance.
4) Wifi connection is excellent
5) Software and OS is snappy. Pipo must have tweaked it.
6) Additional widgets and UI provided by Pipo which is nice
7) Has a white LED charging light indicator on the top next to power plug which is a nice surprise.
8) No complaints aside from the speaker balance issue. although i got used to it after a couple minutes

cheers!

could you please share your impressions on this item? does it suffer from the same problems that affect the m3 ?
thank you very much

#26 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hi

how was your exprience with spemall,
how much time it toke to arrive ?

i realy would like to buy
also thought for the M3 but now my guess ill go with M8

Hello,

the experience with spemall was great and very fast, they ship on tuesday (china time) and I have received in thursday (Mexico time) just confirm with they that have it in stock for inmediate ship.

Db

#27 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

I forgot to mention that I bought both the Pipo M8 and PD80 Vogue from SPEMALL. Great service! You can chat with them and negotiate a bit on price ($5 - $10) if you are buying a case or multiple items and they will ship together. They are very patient in chatting online and will respond to emails within 2 hours. I previously bought 4 tablets from ELIJAH on Aliexpress, bt after my last experience, they provide terrible customer service...so much so that i will not buy from the, again. They dont answer emails and just dont care. SPEMALL offer comparable prices and way better service. IXNAY on ELIJAH STORE...They also ship inferior products and tell you that they will give you a discount next time you buy from them. I contacted them and mentioned I want to buy 2 tablets and to work a deal out from the previous mistake they made....they ignored 5 or 6 emails and made it difficult to try to do a transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ELIJAH on AliEpress!!!

Nerdy,

which firmware do you have installed?

I see right now in Pipo page http://www.pipo.cn/E...=About&a=gujian that there is a firmware upgrade for the M8 tablet (M8 software_20121210) , that I have installed in my M8 is the factory installed WXGA-eng 4.1.1. JRO03H 20121130.184629 release-keys, Do you know which are the changes in the new firmware? thank you

Db

#28 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

Nerdy,

I see right now in Pipo page http://www.pipo.cn/E...=About&a=gujian that there is a firmware upgrade for the M8 tablet (M8 software_20121210) , that I have installed in my M8 is the factory installed WXGA-eng 4.1.1. JRO03H 20121130.184629 release-keys, Do you know which are the changes in the new firmware? thank you

Db

#29 wlf

wlf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Hi Dixblake,
could you please share your impressions on this tablet? Have you the same impressions of Nerdy? How does it work the your wifi?
Thank you very much!

#30 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hi Dixblake,
could you please share your impressions on this tablet? Have you the same impressions of Nerdy? How does it work the your wifi?
Thank you very much!

Yes! of course, totally agree with him.

mine does not have the problem of the balance of the speakers, the two sound the same.
and wifi signal is excellent, no problem with it.

DB

#31 wlf

wlf

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Hi Dixblake,
have you tested the battery autonomy? How many hours of battery life?
Thank you!

#32 Hames

Hames

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

Hello there:

Thanks for your comments...

By the way, I forgot to mention that asking Pipo people on Facebook about the update to Android 4.2 This is what they replied me: "No schedule to upgrade to 4.2. We prefer to make 5.0 directly. 5.0 is coming soon"... (this could be interesting)!

I have the User Manual in english for Pipo M8 (that they have to send me by email) if someone needs it...

DB

hi, can you upload the english manual somewhere and post the link here? Thanks!

#33 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

Nerdy,

Db

Hi, i just have the default firmware that was installed and it's great. Although, thanks for pointing out the new firmware...i will install it. cheers!

#34 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hello M8 users.. can you please give us a feed back on the battery performance of M8. Also any idea when the Pipo M8 3g will hit the market?

thanks,

SHIJO

#35 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

hi, can you upload the english manual somewhere and post the link here? Thanks!

Yes, I upload the English Manual here

Db

Attached File  PIPO M8 User Manual.pdf   1.02MB   195 downloads

#36 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Hello M8 users.. can you please give us a feed back on the battery performance of M8. Also any idea when the Pipo M8 3g will hit the market?

thanks,

SHIJO

Hello,

for those who are asking, Settings/battery I have 3 hours 56 minutes using my tablet and is 48% remaining

DB

#37 shijo

shijo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationQatar

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

Hello,

for those who are asking, Settings/battery I have 3 hours 56 minutes using my tablet and is 48% remaining

DB

Thanx DB for the information. It would be clear if u explain.... Use the M8 continuously for 3.56 hrs for videos, webs or games. Does it has any heating issues. The most important how the battery draining after 35%.

regards,

SHIJO

#38 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Thanx DB for the information. It would be clear if u explain.... Use the M8 continuously for 3.56 hrs for videos, webs or games. Does it has any heating issues. The most important how the battery draining after 35%.

regards,

SHIJO

shinjo,

all that you comment except Games.
I mean, Videos, Music, surfing web, book reading, chating, etc.

by the way, I have to flash it to new firmware version without problem.

Db

#39 Bazzar1206

Bazzar1206

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Ive just received my pipo and absolutely loving it. I bought it for the 3G which pipo stated it had, only to find it doesn't. Oh well, the dongle will do! how are you guys updating the Pipo m8? It just wont install the drivers. Ive used xp and win8. Even the update program crashes on me with both systems!

#40 Dixblake

Dixblake

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Ive just received my pipo and absolutely loving it. I bought it for the 3G which pipo stated it had, only to find it doesn't. Oh well, the dongle will do! how are you guys updating the Pipo m8? It just wont install the drivers. Ive used xp and win8. Even the update program crashes on me with both systems!

Hello,

Put your tablet in firmware update mode, connect to pc, install drivers and run the RKbatch Tools program, with it you can upgrade the firmware.

Db