Android Tablets Forum banner

PiPO Max-M8 DualCore 9.4" HD-IPS +3G Tablet

86K views 167 replies 45 participants last post by  akkakkakka 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
PiPO is ready to unfold their next big line-up of Tablet-PC starting to their new 9.4" Tablet, the PiPO Max-M8 DualCore 9.4" HD-IPS +3G Tablet. Only one particular brand has release a 9.4" Tablet before and that's no other than Sony, and PiPO is following their footstep by using the very same 9.4" HD-IPS Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen LED Display Panel that Sony has used on their Xperia S Tablet-PC. There should be minimal to NO difference at all on the screen if you both looking at Sony Xperia S Tablet and PiPO Max-M8 Tablet except for the Shell Design. In-fact, PiPO has made it better than Sony did to their Xperia S Tablet which measures around 12mm on the thickest part while 8.9mm on thinnest part. Sony Xperia S Tablet still have an advantage here because of Nvidia's Tegra3 QuadCore Chipset, performance would be far better than PiPO Max-M8 which only have a DualCore RockChip RK3066 Chipset. However, price is almost twice than the expected retail price of the PiPO Max-M8 which makes it even.

One big advantage of PiPO Max-M8 here is the built-in 3G connectivity which Sony Xperia S Tablet lacks. No more hassle finding for a good Wi-Fi Hotspots, just turn-on your 3G connection and check your emails, manage your Social Media accounts anywhere and anytime. The 3G modem widely supports variety of networks world-wide except for some states/country in US and EU which PiPO Max-M2 users had hard time configuring their modem to support their network providers. If you ask if its support Phone Function, the answer is NO.

The 3G Version of PiPO Max-M8 is NOW available at an Online Store based in Shenzhen China for US$260.99, while the Non-3G Version is only US$207.99. Both includes a world-wide free shipping.

As mentioned above, PiPO Max-M8 is using Sony LED Display Panel with an HD resolution of 1280x800pixel while having the IPS Screen Technology that boost the Screen's image quality and vividness. Viewing angle is also wider than a regular Display, so viewing the Tablet on every angle should help reduce image colour or contrast distortion. I believe PiPO is using FlexiGlass screen and should be able to resist scratch from everyday usage. This kind of Glass screen doesn't protect the screen from breaking as it doesn't have the same toughness of a Gorilla Glass screen. Anyway, just put extra precaution not dropping your Tablet or sitting on top of it and it should be fine.

On the middle-top of the screen bezel, you'll find the 2.0MP Front Facing Camera that can be use on capturing your own photos or as a webcam when doing Video Calls. You will also find a dot near the Camera, it is the Light Sensor which manage the Tablet's screen brightness automatically responding to environment's light availability. The front Stereo Speakers placed on each side of the top-screen bezel. PiPO has made great improvement on their Stereo Speakers starting on their Max-M3 and Max-M2, This PiPO Max-M8 should also provide excellent sound quality and clarity. On the top-right side corner is the main Power/Sleep Button, while the 3.5mm HeadPhone/Earphone port is placed on the other side.

The back is made of a combination of Plastic and Metal material (maybe magnesium-aloy) and it seems not coated which is great. I am no fan of coated metal or aluminium shell material as its fills itself of scratches in due time. A combination of Plastic and Metal is also good preventing any Wi-Fi connectivity issue like most full-metal shell material Tablet had when the metal shell material is blocking extra amount of signal from reaching the Wi-Fi antenna inside the Tablet. The design is very plain and simple, small PiPO branding on the bottom and tiny interface ports marking on the top. Another improvement we are seeing here is the 5.0MP Rear Facing camera with LED Flash and Auto-Zoom function, something that is missing on older PiPO Tablets. The Camera is supposed to capture full-HD photos and videos and the LED flash will definitely help improve captured photos and videos on dark room or during at night.

PiPO has also made improvement on overall looks and external build quality of this product, Max-M8 only measures around 9mm in thickness (around 1mm thicker than Sony Xperia S Tablet's thinnest part). I actually like the way the Tablet edges is made, very elegant yet looks so sturdy. On the top is where the complete availability of Interface ports is located. Here you have an expansion storage slot that supports 32GB of microSDCard, two microUSB port with Host function, a miniHDMI port with full-HD display out. 2.5mm Wall Charger port and the tiny MIC hole. ESC and Menu keys are placed as well on the top.

If there's one thing that most of us want to know more is the Battery Life of this Tablet. It has a battery capacity of 6500mAh 3.7V which is 500mAh larger than Sony Xperia S Tablet, it may be good to hear but the fact we would like to know is how power efficient PiPO made this product. 6500mAh seems to be quite small if we compare to other China MID Tablets like for example Ainol Novo10 Hero which has huge 8000mAh 3.7V battery capacity. Hopefully it could offer full 6-hours of Internet usage either via Wi-Fi or 3G connection, or 6-hours of Heavy 3D Gaming.

Additional Info
● Display: 9.4", 1280*800 IPS (16:10)
● Touch Panel: Capacitive muliti-touch
● CPU: Rockchip 3066 Cortex A9,1.6GHz,Dual-core CPU+Quad-core GPU
● RAM: 1GB DDR3
● Operation System: Android 4.1
● Camera: Front 2M, back 5M auto zoom, can scan QR code
● WiFi: 802.11/b/g/n
● Internal 3G built-in: Optional (data only)
● External 3G support: Yes
● Bluetooth 2.1+EDR: Optional
● Sensors: G-sensor, Gyro sensor, light sensor
● E-compass
● Speakers: dual front speakers
● Others: Micro SD slot, mic, , mini HDMI output
Multimedia:Audio, Video(1080P), Photo,ebook,game, email, internet…
● Battery capacity: 3250mAh by 7.4V (equal to 6500mAh by 3.7V)
● Housing material: plastic+ metal back
Thanks for reading...

#6 ·
Bloody expensive too... on the order of $30 more than the M2 or M3.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
Have looked at it but have been utterly dissapointed with Pipo's recent device releases :-( .

The m2 and M3 were both a real mess. TNT will most likely sit this model out until at least February to see if it is going to be decent or a fail. Right now I have been pursuing ployer products and have been very impressed so that will pad our shelves until 1st qtr. 2013. The Momo 12 is bloody wonderful, I have the momo 7 coming for testing. Interestingly enough, I think player waited so long to release rk3066 devices because they were wanting to release units with a newer version of the board. The Momo 12 is the only RK3066 device I have ever tested that can charge while turned off.

If I were evaluating the M8 apart from Pipo's recent fumbles I would be really excited as it looks really nice, but I can't do that :)

Regards,

Roman

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All, I just ordered a Pipo M8 and a Freeelander PD80 Vogue...both should arrive early next week. I'll post a review when i get it. From the specs, the Pipo M8 sounds sweet. DPI is around 160 vs 130 on standard 1024 screen and hopefully has better colours/saturarion. Also hoping for same speakers as the Pipo M2. I had trouble deciding on tablets to purchase for gifts. I have the Aoson M11, which is a great tablet in every way (and comes with an awesome tight fitting leather case, except the screen wasn't as vivid and bright as my older Cube U9GT2. The screen is good but i noticed a bit of a difference. Currently. the chinese retinas have a DPI of 206 on 1600 setting and 216 on 2048 setting....although, from what i read, the retina tablets are laggy on both SD (1600) and HD (2048) settings because the Rockchip 3066 and 1GB RAM just cant cut it to push out 4 times the pixels as the 1024 setting. Anyways, that's why i decided on the Pipo M8. The screen is better than standard 1024 screen and the chip should be able to keep up.....and it looks pretty saaweet! Will post my thoughts/comments when i get it. Cheers.

#14 ·
Hello there:

Yesterday I have received my pipo M8, the first impression was very good, physically speaking has an amazing slim design.

Looks like a new motherboard brings the 488, the latest firmware is 20121130

The leather case I did not like, it brings a decal that sticks in the back of the tablet, hopefully better take out a new model specifically for this tablet.

One question I have is that when charging the battery, the tablet does not shut down, can only be put sleep mode, if I press and hold the power button, the tablet calls to confirm if you do accept, but restarts, if not connected to the DC power off normally.

I have bought mine at spemall, originally going to be the M3 3G but they dont had in stock.

I dont have problems with Wifi signal, I can move in my house without problem. Something that I appreciate is that there is no one installed chinese application.

the google play market works fine.

DB
Gadget Font Display device Audio equipment Technology
Rectangle Wood Floor Flooring Gadget
Product Rectangle Grey Wood Material property
Rectangle Wood Orange Flooring Floor

Attachments

#17 ·
Hello there:

Thanks for your comments...

By the way, I forgot to mention that asking Pipo people on Facebook about the update to Android 4.2 This is what they replied me: "No schedule to upgrade to 4.2. We prefer to make 5.0 directly. 5.0 is coming soon"... (this could be interesting)!

I have the User Manual in english for Pipo M8 (that they have to send me by email) if someone needs it...

DB

#22 ·
Hi, just received my Pipo M8. I'm impressed. I have owned a cube u9gt2 and Aoson M11 previously. Also recently bought a PD80 Vogue (which sucks...dont buy it...crappy and dark screen,so-so speakers)....so I have a few chinese tablets I can compare it too.

1) Great Screen! Vivid colours, crisp images etc.
2) VEEEERY Thin and cool design. Looks better in person than pics on the net. Comfortable to hold
3) Front speakers are loud and clear. Although, the balance seems a bit off...the left speakers seems to be a bit louder than the right speaker. Not sure why, but i'm hoping i can adjust the balance.
4) Wifi connection is excellent
5) Software and OS is snappy. Pipo must have tweaked it.
6) Additional widgets and UI provided by Pipo which is nice
7) Has a white LED charging light indicator on the top next to power plug which is a nice surprise.
No complaints aside from the speaker balance issue. although i got used to it after a couple minutes

cheers!

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
I forgot to mention that I bought both the Pipo M8 and PD80 Vogue from SPEMALL. Great service! You can chat with them and negotiate a bit on price ($5 - $10) if you are buying a case or multiple items and they will ship together. They are very patient in chatting online and will respond to emails within 2 hours. I previously bought 4 tablets from ELIJAH on Aliexpress, bt after my last experience, they provide terrible customer service...so much so that i will not buy from the, again. They dont answer emails and just dont care. SPEMALL offer comparable prices and way better service. IXNAY on ELIJAH STORE...They also ship inferior products and tell you that they will give you a discount next time you buy from them. I contacted them and mentioned I want to buy 2 tablets and to work a deal out from the previous mistake they made....they ignored 5 or 6 emails and made it difficult to try to do a transaction. DO NOT BUY FROM ELIJAH on AliEpress!!!

#24 ·
i have brought a pipom2 case and aluminium stand recently from spemall and my experience with their support has been wonderful..am wiating for the 3G version of this tablet to come to spemall before i order..its saddening to see that roman is missing out on selling this wonderful tablet

#39 ·
Ive just received my pipo and absolutely loving it. I bought it for the 3G which pipo stated it had, only to find it doesn't. Oh well, the dongle will do! how are you guys updating the Pipo m8? It just wont install the drivers. Ive used xp and win8. Even the update program crashes on me with both systems!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.