• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I may buy a Pipo U2. Are there any rooted clean roms? Or is that rootable using any tool?

#2 OrioniS_PM

OrioniS_PM

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

I don't think that actually many people had Pipo U2. I am considering one as it fit my bill: It has BT, RK3066, suppose to be better that U1... Only problem that there is not many reviews about U2 itself. Loads of U1 but not U2... Other alternatives are: Hyundai Hold X - problems with sound (not only via 3.5mm socket, BT dropping too and weak WiFi (probably due to small wire antennae and metal casing), Ainol Novo7 Fire/Flame - problem with sound (cannot they get it right them Chinese manufactures, or they use same chip?), weak WiFi (surprise, surprise). Of course you may be able to fix WiFi yourself (usual problem is small size aerial), but it require you to dismantle it and lost warranty (is there any??).

So, If you want to get U2 and wait for custom firmware, than do so, but if you want to get here and now than you only option is Ainol for now with not as good quality as the others, but you can possible get rid of most of problems... and you have your custom firmware..

Regards

PS. I'm still undecided as well... or there is any other option??

#3 Jimthah

Jimthah

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

For better or worse, I ordered a U2 from Merimobiles. Order status=Awaiting Fulfilment.

I wonder when I'll get it or(gulp) whether I'll get what I ordered. This is my first experience with them. I also ordered a Q88 for a child.

So.... we shall see.

Looks good on paper.

#4 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:37 AM

For better or worse, I ordered a U2 from Merimobiles. Order status=Awaiting Fulfilment.

I wonder when I'll get it or(gulp) whether I'll get what I ordered. This is my first experience with them. I also ordered a Q88 for a child.

So.... we shall see.

Looks good on paper.

merimobiles is very trustfull shop

#5 srmoska

srmoska

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Ordered a Pipo U2 on Dec 18th from Pandawill (pipo recommend them in their page)

Still waiting for it to be shipped :angry: item just got on stock last friday but they haven't shipped it yet

I hope it's worth the wait

EDIT: Received it today, right now I'm flashing the english firmware :yahoo:

Edited by srmoska, 08 February 2013 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users