Android Tablets Forum banner

Connecting to a RK3066 based board via ADB on Linux

33K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  harrybo 
#1 ·
Just a few tips to those are trying to connect to a RK3066 via ADB on linux.

1. Download & Install SDK
  2. Edit udev rules (see step #3), the RK3066 Vendor ID is 2207
  3. Restart udev (udevadm control --reload-rules)
  4. Edit $HOME/.android/adb_usb.ini, add 0x2207 at the end of the file
  5. Restart adb server (adb kill-server && adb start-server)
  6. Plug & List your device (adb devices)

At step #2, you should get something like this
Code:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="2207", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
At step #4, you should get something like this
Code:
# ANDROID 3RD PARTY USB VENDOR ID LIST -- DO NOT EDIT.<br />
# USE 'android update adb' TO GENERATE.<br />
# 1 USB VENDOR ID PER LINE.<br />
0x2207

See less See more
#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi,

I'm in a pickle and wondering if you can help.

I have a UG802 (RK3066) mini pc...successfully loaded finless bobrom 1.8.
Then tried to install picuntu - but boot rebootloader was not giving me the linux screens.

Middle of the night madness, i ran finless bobs tool again and instead of choosing finless as recovery.img, i replaced picuntu recovery directly in the tool and flashed.

Net result, i now have a working installation of picuntu and everything works fine...but i have no way to access/load android alongside?

Plugging in my device in windows and running the tool fails to RECOGNISE my rk3066 (presumably as its running linux and has no android recovery on the rom)

so question is - is there a way to add 'connect as usb storage' option we get in android to my picuntu configuration (so when i connect the device to windows it gets recognised).

im half way through following the steps in your post about adb, but turning out more tricky than i thought it would be...any shortcuts would be appreciated.

#5 ·
SORTED:

Finally sorted it out last night by opening my ug802 and shorting the 2 pins and booting it at the same time with bob's flash tool running - it recognised the devie and i could reflash back to android. There is a video on youtube on how to short the pins on ug802
thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.