• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PiotrJakub

PiotrJakub

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

After 2 days of android 4.1.1 experience I can say that battery life of my vi30dc definitely improved.
On ICS (v1.4) my average active usage time during a day was around 5 hours, max was 5 hours 20 min. internet browsing. Today on JB (v2.0) I was able to reach 6 hours 10 min. before the tablet shut down.

Watching at the battery discharge chart I can see that the discharge curve runs flat till the end. Before the discharge was very fast after reaching the last 30%...

Good job Onda!

#2 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Are you using the official FW from Onda or a custom one?? Is it still rooted after update?

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

#3 PiotrJakub

PiotrJakub

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Are you using the official FW from Onda or a custom one?? Is it still rooted after update?

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

Official 2.0 from Onda. I rooted it myself, it was not rooted after update.

#4 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

How did you do that? Is it the FW full of chinese apps? I haven't installed it yet cause i was to do a custom rom with the gt 9100 fingerprint for better market support

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

#5 PiotrJakub

PiotrJakub

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

How did you do that? Is it the FW full of chinese apps? I haven't installed it yet cause i was to do a custom rom with the gt 9100 fingerprint for better market support

Sent from my Onda Vi30D

My way to unroot the firmware is described here, in post #3. You will also find links to unrooted, moded firmware done by others:

http://www.slatedroi...-41-jelly-bean/

#6 LastFrontier

LastFrontier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:54 PM

Thanks a lot. I corroborate your results. Indeed JB saves a lot of battery :-) currently using jhiun repack from the link you provided.

Sent from my ONDA MID using Tapatalk 2