• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 FrostDemonStorm

FrostDemonStorm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I've never seen that kernel before, is it a chengnen.tan or grady.wang kernel?

chengnan.tan
Chuwi V88 running TimelessV88 Edition 1
Cube U39GT running stock 1.06 fw

#62 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

chengnan.tan

Oh yes, I looked at that firmware and it's some weird custom ROM with a ton of extra stuff in it, including games. I'm 100% sure that is not official ainol firmware but if it works for your tablet then it's good to have as a backup.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#63 FrostDemonStorm

FrostDemonStorm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 PM

Oh yes, I looked at that firmware and it's some weird custom ROM with a ton of extra stuff in it, including games. I'm 100% sure that is not official ainol firmware but if it works for your tablet then it's good to have as a backup.

Seller says those tablets were ordered from Ainol to be sold here in Ukraine under local brand. I'm not sure they have a local developer team for preparing some special flavor of f/w, more likely chinese partners have provided it with pre-installed apps of choice and root access.
Chuwi V88 running TimelessV88 Edition 1
Cube U39GT running stock 1.06 fw

#64 jagga

jagga

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

I have Ainol Novo Crystal Batch "121208" i think it's batch 3 and my friend just flashed it with paranoidandroid 3+ and now what i have is G-Sensor is not working .. I have made a Backup of Original ROM ..Now how i can use this. .Plz Help .. and if You need My original Backup tell me How to Post it Here.. Thanks

#65 miskz

miskz

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Most likely you have flashed batch 1 compatibility zip or old batch 2 comp zip which was/is broken and you have to replace sensors library as stated previously in the thread with comp zips.

#66 Hodge4ever

Hodge4ever

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Does anyone know if a 130308 falls under batch 3 and has anyone flashed one with the batch 3 custom ROMS?
SN : A NOVO7CRYSTALQ130308G002008

Unfortunately my SD card hasn't arrived yet (and I have no spares) so I can't test it, was just curious whilst I waited.

#67 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Does anyone know if a 130308 falls under batch 3 and has anyone flashed one with the batch 3 custom ROMS?
SN : A NOVO7CRYSTALQ130308G002008

Unfortunately my SD card hasn't arrived yet (and I have no spares) so I can't test it, was just curious whilst I waited.

More important than the serial number is the kernel. Also what is the build number in "settings -> about tablet"?
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#68 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

Here is a sh script I made for dumping the boot and other images. It's meant to be run with my sh-script-runner.zip (included).

The script also tries to figure out the batch by comparing images's checksum to some that I have collected.
And it outputs a text file with checksums, sizes and creation times for boot and recovery images...

Usage: Unzip the three files to a external sdcard and then select sh-script-runner.zip to run the script
Download: http://yadi.sk/d/QqoWNkCv3eb7L

#69 Hodge4ever

Hodge4ever

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

More important than the serial number is the kernel. Also what is the build number in "settings -> about tablet"?

Kernal version = 3.4.0+ (is this the same as kernel name?)
Build = 2013.03.19 V1*
*However I have downloaded the updated version (2013.03.22) from Ainol to use in case I have issues with the custom ROM I intend to use.

#70 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

Kernal version = 3.4.0+ (is this the same as kernel name?)
Build = 2013.03.19 V1*
*However I have downloaded the updated version (2013.03.22) from Ainol to use in case I have issues with the custom ROM I intend to use.

No, the whole kernel name. It's important to know if its a chengnan.tan kernel or not. Also, where did you get an 0322 firmware for the Crystal? Post a link please.

#71 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Try Ainol official site, where else it would be...
it's for 4 core... but maybe there is some new things that can be exploited in old ones too...

Edited by cxz, 30 March 2013 - 05:19 PM.

#72 Hodge4ever

Hodge4ever

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

No, the whole kernel name. It's important to know if its a chengnan.tan kernel or not. Also, where did you get an 0322 firmware for the Crystal? Post a link please.

Not sure on the kernel, is there a way to check? The only info I could get was this;
Posted Image

I used this link for the updated firmware.

#73 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Well it's a good thing I asked. You have one of those new quad core Crystal tablet. None of the custom ROM's here will work for it and if you tried to flash them they would brick your tablet. As far as I know, the new quad cores are only flashed through USB software and not from an SD card. There also aren't any custom ROMs available for your tablet yet and you are technically posting in the wrong slatedroid subforum since this is for dual core Ainol tablets. I don't know if there is one set up for quad cores yet but if you search for the Ainol Spark or FireWire, that is the same type of tablet that you have. There is also a Hero quad core as well.

#74 Hodge4ever

Hodge4ever

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

Well it's a good thing I asked. You have one of those new quad core Crystal tablet. None of the custom ROM's here will work for it and if you tried to flash them they would brick your tablet. As far as I know, the new quad cores are only flashed through USB software and not from an SD card. There also aren't any custom ROMs available for your tablet yet and you are technically posting in the wrong slatedroid subforum since this is for dual core Ainol tablets. I don't know if there is one set up for quad cores yet but if you search for the Ainol Spark or FireWire, that is the same type of tablet that you have. There is also a Hero quad core as well.

O.K, glad I did ask first! I couldn't see a sub-forum for the quad-core crystal so assumed they had similar firmwares (though in hindsight that would have to be different)

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have a look at the other quad-core tablet sub-forums you mentioned.

#75 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

O.K, glad I did ask first! I couldn't see a sub-forum for the quad-core crystal so assumed they had similar firmwares (though in hindsight that would have to be different)

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have a look at the other quad-core tablet sub-forums you mentioned.

Yeah, I just heard about the quad core Crystal a few days ago, so I'm guessing it is really new. I'm assuming this is the subforum for your tablet.

#76 smartape

smartape

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Dear pepoluan,

I have forwarded to you by fuser-invent. I need your assistance. My Dual core Crystal has the following information:

SN: A NOVO7CRYSTAl121008G05953

About tablet:
Kernel version
3.0.8-g7275344-dirty
chengnan.tan@droid01-sz))
#4 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 12 15:24:33 CST 2012

Build number:

Can you please confirm me if it is Batch 1?

Have you tried installing Crystal Clear in your Novo Crystal? Is it working smoothly?

Appreciate your help, thank you.

#77 JustMe2007

JustMe2007

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:35 AM

I just bought a Crystal 7 tablet and it has specified: 20121218 as build number and chengen.tan as kernel.
I assume that it is a Batch 3. Can you please confirm me that it is batch 3?

Model Number NovoCrystal
Android version 4.1.1
Kernel version: 3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz))
#8 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 18 11:06:45 CST 2012
Build Number 20121218

Thank you in advance.

Edited by JustMe2007, 26 April 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#78 hulk11

hulk11

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hey guys i need some help here. I'm trying to find my serial number but there just is none! It just reads "made in China factories No-A047119". Other than that there is NOTHING, except some logos. How am i supposed to determine my batch number, if it's not printed on the back? It surely says "Novo7 Crystal" on the back... Do I have some weird new model that noone else has? Need quick help please, it's a present...

Edit: nevermind, i'm in a dark room and the printing was tiny and barely noticable...

Edited by hulk11, 15 May 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#79 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

@ JustMe2007 - Yes that appears to be a batch 3.

#80 eng21978

eng21978

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

Hello guys, I just bought a Crystal 7 tablet
The SN : A NOVO7CRYSTAL121108G12781

Model Number
NovoCrystal
Android version 4.1.1
Kernel version:
3.0.8-gcda87f3-dirty chengnan.tan@droid07-sz))
#8 SMP PREEMPT Tue Dec 18 11:06:45 CST 2012
Build Number

Can you guys plz confirm me it is Batch 2 or 3 ?

Thanks a lot