ROM Compatibility trace "How To Figure Out Your Batch Number"

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 ega zulfikar

ega zulfikar

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

i got 121208 yesterday. after installed some app from google play it starts freezing. need to hold power to force shutdown then start again. freezing totally random so i cant figure out why.

then i try factory reset. it work. normal again. but after installing some app, start freezing again.

it freezing so often and annoying

#42 JJDoctor

JJDoctor

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Any News on the New Firmware 1119 English for Batch 1? I loved the new firmware.. it was fast and except for that green cam everything looked cool and smooth.. hope they release this version for Batch 1.. :rolleyes:

#43 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

Complete Android newbie.

I've just bought a Crystal 7 and the build number seems to higher than any of the batches mentioned above in the thread, specifically "A NOVO7CRYSTAL 130108 G23782"

Assume this is a new build and that none of the ROMs available are compatible?

Thanks,

#44 tigger-gg

tigger-gg

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Hi,

Complete Android newbie.

I've just bought a Crystal 7 and the build number seems to higher than any of the batches mentioned above in the thread, specifically "A NOVO7CRYSTAL 130108 G23782"

Assume this is a new build and that none of the ROMs available are compatible?

Thanks,

Please post what is written under:
Settings - About Tablet - Kernel Version
Settings - About Tablet - Build Number
Motorola Milestone
HTC HD2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Ainol Novo Crystal 7 (batch 2/ 121108)
Pipo M8

#45 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Any News on the New Firmware 1119 English for Batch 1? I loved the new firmware.. it was fast and except for that green cam everything looked cool and smooth.. hope they release this version for Batch 1.. :rolleyes:

I really doubt they will release 1119 firmware for Batch 1. My Crystal Clear ROM is mostly 1119 firmware and that's probably as close as you will get. Version 1.5 that I'm working on now though will be 1212 firmware, as long as it continues to outperform 1119 during testing. It doesn't seem like they changed too much though.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#46 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Please post what is written under:
Settings - About Tablet - Kernel Version
Settings - About Tablet - Build Number

The kernal version is "3.0.0-gcda87f3-dirty"
The build version is "20121218"

Thanks,

#47 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

The kernal version is "3.0.0-gcda87f3-dirty"
The build version is "20121218"

Thanks,

So that can be considered a Batch 3 as far as the Kernel goes, provided the rest of the kernel says chengten.tan in your settings. My ROM Crystal Clear and Christian Troy's ROM's CM10 and CM10.1 all have Batch 3 compatibility zips now, thanks to his work with Frank from FLsuperstore. You can find them all in the firmware development section.

There is a chance they changed other hardware like the g-sensor, camera or wifi chip but we can't know that until someone tries to flash one because Ainol doesn't announce that stuff. It looks like your build version is newer, so if for any reason any of that hardware doesn't work after flashing another ROM, we can instruct you on how to pull the necessary files and build a new comp zip for you and other users with your build.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#48 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

So that can be considered a Batch 3 as far as the Kernel goes, provided the rest of the kernel says chengten.tan in your settings. My ROM Crystal Clear and Christian Troy's ROM's CM10 and CM10.1 all have Batch 3 compatibility zips now, thanks to his work with Frank from FLsuperstore. You can find them all in the firmware development section.

There is a chance they changed other hardware like the g-sensor, camera or wifi chip but we can't know that until someone tries to flash one because Ainol doesn't announce that stuff. It looks like your build version is newer, so if for any reason any of that hardware doesn't work after flashing another ROM, we can instruct you on how to pull the necessary files and build a new comp zip for you and other users with your build.

Hi,

Just ran the batch 3 update. "MASSIVE" performance improvment. Tablet had been slow, blocky with use and I was v.disappointed with it. Since the batch 3 update it would appear to be running significantly faster.

One major problem that is apparent is that I can no longer access Google Play. When I attempt to access apps in settings, it throws back an error "Unfortunately Settings has stopped". Any ideas?

Settings and about is show the tablet as a Nexus 7.

Thanks,

#49 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

What batch 3 update did you use? Someone else has reported the play store problem as well. Can you try going to apps in the settings menu and click "clear data" for the play store and google play services (if you can get it to work without freezing). Then go to settings -> accounts -> google -> then click on your account -> then click on the three squares in the upper right -> remove account. Re-add your account and see if it solves the problem.

The settings -> apps issue is a segmentation fault and is addressed in the get started guide and my rom's thread. In short, my best guess is that it's due to rooting and a bug in the su binary. The only solution is to use an app like Titanium Backup to uninstall apps and clear data instead.

#50 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

What batch 3 update did you use? Someone else has reported the play store problem as well. Can you try going to apps in the settings menu and click "clear data" for the play store and google play services (if you can get it to work without freezing). Then go to settings -> accounts -> google -> then click on your account -> then click on the three squares in the upper right -> remove account. Re-add your account and see if it solves the problem.

The settings -> apps issue is a segmentation fault and is addressed in the get started guide and my rom's thread. In short, my best guess is that it's due to rooting and a bug in the su binary. The only solution is to use an app like Titanium Backup to uninstall apps and clear data instead.

Hi, I ran the crystal_clear_batch3_compatibility_v1.5.1 + crystal_clear_v1.5_signed (your version).
If I attempt to access settings and apps it gives back the "unfortunately settings has stopped working". Also happens when I attempt to access storage from settings. Basically I can't can't access app settings to clear. Hrrmmm....

#51 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hi, used your version of the compabability checker. I can't access apps in any fashion from settings. Also, a similar problem is apparent when I try to access storage, throws settings is not available error (i.e. at the moment clear data isn't possible). I may be missong something but I can't find the relevant info on the segmentation fault. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

#52 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I think I will need more feedback from other Batch 3 users. I have a batch 3 that was hard bricked and converted to a batch 2. In the next couple of days I will attempt to convert it back to a Batch 3 to test with but I am not sure yet whether or not that is possible. In the meantime, try CM10 or CM10.1 and let me know if that solves the problem or if you still have the same problems.

#53 jowens

jowens

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I think I will need more feedback from other Batch 3 users. I have a batch 3 that was hard bricked and converted to a batch 2. In the next couple of days I will attempt to convert it back to a Batch 3 to test with but I am not sure yet whether or not that is possible. In the meantime, try CM10 or CM10.1 and let me know if that solves the problem or if you still have the same problems.

Grand thanks. There is one further issue which relates to the SD card. At the moment, flashing the ROM seems to have stopped any access to it. Is there a way I can mount this directly from the recovery programme (as I can't access it at the moment from the OS)? Basically to drop the CM10 software onto the SD card for the boot.

Cheers,

#54 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I don't know of a way to do it offhand but I'm pretty sure there is an ADB command for that which you could google. You can also push the zip file to your SD card with ADB or even flash it. I've done those before but I didn't memorize the commands, so I just google them when I need to. If it was me though, I'd just take the SD card out and put it directly into the computer and transfer it that way.

#55 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have 2 crystal tablets one I got in october and the other I got 3 days ago.The first tablet I have flashed 1119 and 1109 both roms run smooth except for green screen.It now has a build number 2012119.The second tablet which I got 3 days ago everything works perfect tablet UI g sensor camera so on.Its build number is 20121108.So I would like to know where is this firmware it is obviously out there as it is being used on my tablet so why dont they release it?

I'm maybe a bit late to this party, but I don't see this answered anywhere.
You can find the 1108 firmware here:
www.http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/265-forum-rules//Firmware/Crystal+firmware.zip
I also have it on my crystal, and it's working beautifully (now that I've done the market compatibility fix and sorted out the microphone volume).
Thinking I should take a brave pill and flash to something else, but TBH I'm struggling to find a good reason!

Edited by gybemark, 24 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#56 gybemark

gybemark

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

The link in my post above is going to a different website, dunno whats happening.
You can see the right address anyway...

#57 dunn

dunn

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

i got 121208 yesterday. after installed some app from google play it starts freezing. need to hold power to force shutdown then start again. freezing totally random so i cant figure out why.

then i try factory reset. it work. normal again. but after installing some app, start freezing again.

it freezing so often and annoying

I have the same problem with 121208. Keeps hanging and freezing within minutes from a fresh reboot. Have to reboot a few times to get it working normal again. Then after a day or two, the hanging came back. I got so frustrated that I flashed it with SoulGem v0.3 an hour ago....and bricked it... :(

I downloaded Soulgem a few weeks ago...and the warning wasn't there...only came in after I bricked my set and saw the warning....just not my day.

#58 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

All officially released versions of the stock firmware and recovery are also on my mediafire here.

#59 FrostDemonStorm

FrostDemonStorm

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

As i have figured out from the kernel number the unit of mine is batch 3, not batch 2.
Kernel 3.0.8-gdb7e7da-dirty
#16 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 28 11:58:13 CST 2012
I have posted the link on that f/w here: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__528594
Chuwi V88 running TimelessV88 Edition 1
Cube U39GT running stock 1.06 fw

#60 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

As i have figured out from the kernel number the unit of mine is batch 3, not batch 2.
Kernel 3.0.8-gdb7e7da-dirty
#16 SMP PREEMPT Wed Nov 28 11:58:13 CST 2012
I have posted the link on that f/w here: http://www.slatedroi...post__p__528594

I've never seen that kernel before, is it a chengnen.tan or grady.wang kernel?