• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Guys i have flashed all available f/w for this tablet but regardless of which one all games crash after about 1 minute of playing time. No matter which game from gameloft to free android market ones.

Is anyone experiencing these problems, it cannot play helles belles nor killer bean or angry birds games my g9 handles no problem i am starting to think its a hardware fault. Its a shame cos this tablet is fast, internet is good, got 3g working, wifi is best i have tried on a tablet and sound is awesome.

I really would appreciate some feedback or suggestions as i need to establish if its hardware related, antutu runs fine so i have no idea what to try now.

#2 reece

reece

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationscotland

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

My tablet dies not do this. Mine is using TNT and is five. By the way how did u get 3g working?

#3 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

My tablet dies not do this. Mine is using TNT and is five. By the way how did u get 3g working?

I got the 3g working by flashing decontaminate v2.4 and i also tested it successfully with pipo's latest f/w release, I could not get it to happen with TNT at all. Have you tried the games i mention? I had a little success by changing some of the developer options regarding Graphics i upped everything to 1.5 and got helles belles working reliably but some of the other still crash, it seems to me if you shift all the dependancies to GPU the games work or at least for a while. NFSMW works on the 1x scale but no other scale where as Helles belles works on 1.5! strange? I disabled hw overlay also. I am a nut about killer bean though,so would like that to work and it does briefly it's like something overheats and causes the crashes yet it will play HD vid no prob. I am baffled, there is no bsod reports on android that i am aware off to examine so its a bit of a minefied but bhoy this tab is rapid compared to others and is very good for every day use, like the internet, email & vid etc. Just shiiiite for games.

Keep me updated on your findings!

Den

#4 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

desmondo which CWM did u flash before installing the decontaminate? also did u root it first before CWM..

can u describe the steps u followed to install decontaminate..

hopw u get the games issue sorted out..did u have this issue with stock rom as well..what was ur stock rom..20121108? or 20121106 as magician said?

Edited by mkh, 21 November 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#5 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

desmondo which CWM did u flash before installing the decontaminate? also did u root it first before CWM..

can u describe the steps u followed to install decontaminate..

hopw u get the games issue sorted out..did u have this issue with stock rom as well..what was ur stock rom..20121108? or 20121106 as magician said?

Hi i did not root the tablet firs this is done when flashing. I used RK TOOL V1.35 within that there is a CWM file. You need to populate the colums with from loader to backup with the files enclosed in the folder. The hardest part was getting windows 8 to install the drivers so i could flash it correctly. Have you managed this already

#6 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

1) Firstly you will need to get tablet recognised as unknown device in device manager, i did this by connecting the tablet via the usb not the host port and holding down volume -, plus using a pin to reset tablet at the back once this done you can install the drivers that are downloaded with rktool.

2) Install CWM you need to download the appropriate CWM file from FMA, open up rktools and ensure tablet is connected with rk30 showing in device manager and the device is found in rktools make sure this is green and not pink.

3) You now need to select the files you wish to flash. In rktools there is a list of boxes that you need to click on and scroll to the files, the files are in the folder from FMA under rom. BTW you can choose 2gb or 1gb as parameter. Once you have done this erase idb and then click flash rom once this is done click reboot into flash mode, you are now in CWM. Which you operate as usual make sure you have a rom on your sd card for flashing.

Hope this helps