HELLO GUYS
HERE I'M PRESENTING
ANOTHER COOL ROM
FOR THE
CUBE U20GT​

LAST POST UPDATE NOV/27/12
CUBEX JB HAS BEEN RELEASED DONWLOAD IT AND LET ME WHAT YOU THINK

CUBEX ROM JELLYBEAN​
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubex JB Part1 Part2 need .7zip to extract (do not extract the .zip)
-BASED ON HYUNDAI ROCKX 2012-10-17 JB4.1.1
-ROOTED(STILL HAVING PROBLEM TO SU)FLASH THIS ZIP IS YOU DONT GET ROOT WORKING(NOWIPE OR WIPE DATA FACTORY NEEDED
-BUILD.PROP TWEAKS SPOOF TO NEXUS 7(TESTED BY ME GAME THAT WASN'T APPEAR STOCK BUILD NOW APPEAR EXP. NOVA 3,GANSTA RIO,ECT)
-THIS BUILD CAN BE TRIED ON ANY RK3066 THAT HAS FINLESS RECOVERY CWM TABLET (NO ANDROID TV BOXES)
-MORE CLEANED APPS

BUILD.PROP MOD
ANYONE THAT WOULD LIKE TO TEST DIFFRENT PROP I INCLUDE INSIDE THE .ZIP A GT-I9000 BUILD.PROP AND A GALAXY NOTE 1 IF YOU WANT TO TRY JUST RENAME THE BUILD.PROP TO NEXUS 7 AND RENAME THE OTHER TO BUILD.PROP AND REBOOT THE TABLET(REMEMBER TO WIPE GOOGLE PLAYSTORE CACHE ON SETTING ALL APPS.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION AND WONT HAVE PROBLEM

HOW TO INSTALL:
IF YOU ARE COMING FROM ANY CUBE U20GT ICS YOU WILL NEED TO FIRST UPGRADE THE BOOT.IMG AND KERNEL.IMG TO JELLYBEAN OR INSTALL THE COMPLETE PACKAGE I MADE IF YOU DONT DO THIS YOU WILL GET THE TABLET FREEZE ON BOOTANIMATION.
ALSO THIS WILL COMPLETE FORMAT AND ERASE YOUR TABLET AND INTERNAL SDCARD PLEASE BACKUP IT UP BEFORE CONTINUE.

THIS PACKAGE IS ONLY FOR THE CUBE U20GT USER ONLY!!!!DO NOT FLASH IT TO ANY OTHER RK3066 TABLET OR YOU CAN POSSIBLE BRICK IT

HERE IS THE COMPLETE RKBATCH WITH FILES ALL FILE NEEDED TO COMPLETE THIS AND UPGRADE YOU CUBE U20GT FROM ICS TO JELLYBEAN INCLUDE FINLESS RECOVERY.

THE CubeX rom can be also tested on any rk3066 may or may not work PIPO MAX M1,AOSON,M11,PIPOU1 JUST NEED FINLESS RECOVERY ALREADY AND COPY MY ROM ON A MICRO SD CARD
REMEMBER TO ERASE NAND(IDB) THEN FLASH ROM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubex Rom v1
*BASED ON THE HYUNDAI ROCK X 4.0.4 ICS FIRMWARE
*NICE INTERFACE
*STABLE UNTIL NOW EVERYTHING WORK
*YOUTUBE 720P HD
*STOCK ROCK X LAUNCHER AND WIDGET
*ROOTED
*VIPER4ANDROID SOUND ENHANCEMENT NEED TO COPY THIS FILE TO ROOT OF THE MICROSD CARD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAMES TESTED:
ASPHALT 7 , SAMURAI VS ZOMBIES,DEAD TRIGGER,RAYMAN JUNGLE RUN,PUSH THE ZOMBIE
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-07iLjWTU&feature

See less See more
1 9
#3 ·
yes i left the build.prop as stock no mod yet
just forgot to put it in english as default .

#5 ·
Ithink cubex is the one for games it has play everything about blue tooth got stuck still no way to get complete support without freze still would need to get a kernel mod or sourecode to build it in and im not good in that not yet not near ejeje

#6 ·
CubeEX is up and running good, I like it... good work!!!

There are still a few Chinese apps on it like the weather and clock on the main screen. I was having problems with Generik in the end, It all started when I downloaded some wallpaper app.

Do you have BT working on any of your ROMS? Which one of your ROMS do you prefer?

All I need to do is get a protective cover, any suggestions? looks like some ipad covers fit, the cube is just thicker.

#7 ·
The best rom i like is the cubex right now it fill fast and games runs with no proble but cube has release a jellybean 4.1 for u20gt soo will look for modding and rooting

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
THATS BECAUSE THE TABLET IS NOT IN FLASH MODE. TRY THIS GO TO SETTING AND DISABLE THE DEBUG OR ADB NOW ON RKTOOL WITH THE TABLET CONECTED PRESS THE BUTTON "REBOOT TO FLASH MODE "WAIT 10-20SECONDS TABLET WILL BE BLACK SCREEN ANS TRY AGAIN TO ERASE NAND

#12 ·
Thanks darkrickpr you saved my Cube !!

One difference I had with my Cube is that I had to press the + volume button instead of the minus button.

I'm glad he is working again, I put your Cubex JB rom on it and it's working very smoothley. WIFI is better, later on the day I'm gonna try some games.

Greetz and have a nice drink from me (I clicked on your donate link)

HeMan175

#13 ·
@HeMan175
Thanks for you support

#16 ·
I will test the gyroscope and let you know. Also have you test the battery life? What do you think

#17 ·
I haven't tested the battery life, but i was thinking that the battery does not go upper than about 70% when charging.
I need more time to test, but the gyroscope issue is a bad thing for me. It's why i'm back on 1.04 stock (ICS). If the gyroscope works with a trick, i'll return on it.

If you have this issue, do you can test with the "Gravity Calibration Utility" app? this is a stock app, maybe it will help the gyroscope to work.(or drivers are stuck in the kernel)

Best regards

#18 ·
What about my other custom rom jellycube have u tryit

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
can anyone else running cubex or jellycube test the gyro scope?for me i think it is working fine i try a game SEVEN STARS 3D and it works good on Cubex.

@Jaunedeuf you could try me Jellycube it base on the official cube u20gt jellybean but rooted and cleaned build.prop tweaked

#33 ·
-------------------------------------
hi darkrickpr

I try to put yours jellycube in my u20gt and i can't it, my tablet starts in clockworkmod, tray insert the zip file in my sdcard and click in "install zip from sdcard" the rom run me ok, and said me installing from sdcard complete ok. But when reset my tablet goes to the first imatge and not work.

What i do?

PD, Sorry if it's my first time in the forum.

BR.

Attachments

#23 ·
Hi darkrickpr,

I guess I may seek help from your knowledge. I got PiPo M1 MAX here with me and it seems buggy. I got stock M1 MAX firmware and RKbatchtool v.1.5 then I tried to flash. The first flashing failed in the last step and after that my M1 MAX can't reboot again.

When I tried to connect to my PC with USB cable, it shows BLUE box in Rkbatchtool, after after a series of pressing VOLUME & RESET buttons, I can manage to get it to turn GREEN. Now, everytime I tried to flash the tablet again, it keeps failing, showing "Download IDB Fail". I tried with different USB cable, and with different computer (notebook and desktop PC) and none works...

Right now my M1 MAX can't boot up, is there anything I can still do to recover this ? I heard U30GT can be restored with firmware putting in microSD card, I have not found method to do the same....

I also found some other posts about erasing IDB, I don't know if it is relevant to my case. and I don't know how and where to start to erase IDB in this M1 MAX RK3066 device.

-- For U20GT, is it definitely not IPS screen as someone else has said ? And do you think the Android 4.1 firmware is stable ? Any issue, because I want to buy one for my family member. Kindly advise which 4.1 firmware works best right now for U20GT.

Kindly help...

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
@ LancelotA

your pipo still can be fix, try installing this complete pipo max m11 package i made for you. This will install clockwork recovery but you will need to download my generick V6 and copy it to a microsd card before flashing this cuz asoon you flash it will reboot to cwm there you need to wipe data/factory reset and format /system(mount and storage)then install my generick v6.zip
Pipo max m11 COMPLETE paCKaGE Boot+KERNEl+CWminstall. On the RKTOOL you will see that there are some file check and the boot and kernel.img are uncheck leave it as is if it doent work then try again check the boot and kernel. remember the tablet must be in flash mode to this work if you have problem you can use the stock rktool to try to get the blue square to get to green then you the other tool i gave you.

#25 ·
็Hi darkrickpr,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will try to follow it and hope I can get my M1 MAX back to work again. I have very little knowledge about clockwork recovery, so may I ask you a few questions

1. Quote "try installing this complete pipo max m11 package i made for you. This will install clockwork recovery but you will need to download my generick V6 and copy it to a microsd card before flashing" I'm confused at this point, my PIPO M1 MAX can no longer boot up normally, when I powered on, it won't power on, so how can I install Clockwork recovery in this condition ?

2. Quote "download my generick V6" --- I believe I have to download it from this link ? kindly confirm. Then shall I put zip file or .img file in my microSD card (which I will format to FAT32)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ij98yh4679t4g2z

3. Quote: On the RKTOOL you will see that there are some file check and the boot and kernel.img are uncheck leave it as is if it doent work then try again check the boot and kernel. remember the tablet must be in flash mode to this work if you have problem you can use the stock rktool to try to get the blue square to get to green then you the other tool i gave you. --------- I downloaded your package file from mediafire already, there seems to be a file called "RKAndroidTool.exe" which I never use (sorry, I am quite a novice here, I only used Rkbatchtool v.1.5 only once with this M1 MAX and already my first experience of flashing failed). So, these are the steps I plan to do, and please correct me if I am wrong at any point

i) Run rkbatchtool v.1.5 and connect my M1 MAX, then do as I did before to try to make the BLUE box go GREEN first
ii) Run "RKAndroidTool.exe" that you gave. Do I need to click "Erase NAND (IDB)" first ? because as I informed you earlier, the message I got from rkbatch tool v.1.5 was "DOWNLOAD IDB FAIL"
iii) In RKAndroidTool.exe, I see the option 2,3,6 (parameter, misc, recovery) are checked. And all other parameters are unchecked, so shall I leave them as they are ?
iv) There are tabs NTFS and RAM in this program, all options are unchecked. I shall leave them unchecked, correct ?
v) In the tab FLASH, after I completed step iii) and iv), then I shall just click FLASH ROM ? What is the purpose of REBOOT TO FLASH MODE ? Do I need to take that step too ?

Thanks very much for your great advice.
LancelotA

#26 ·
To put the pipo max m11 to flash mode is to press and hold the -volume and connect the tablet to pc.then it should be recgoniz as a rk30 device you can also conec power ac once pc detect it to be user have power and not a dischage battery or will fail also and if driver are installed should appear that is connected on the rktool and if you do a erase nand idb you then will need to check the boot and kernel even if you don't erase nand and boot kernel are check won't harm the tablet. As soon tablet reboot you should get to cwm and have already on a microSD my generickv6.zip without extracted leave it on root microsd in .zip wipe data/factory reset then on mount and storage formart/system the install zip as soon it finish click reboot on cwm first menu that should fix it . I will do a video soon if u don't get it right !!

Sent from my HTC Holiday using Tapatalk 2

#27 ·
#30 ·
Hi darkprickr, just coming in to give the feedback. I finally use your tool to erase IDB and flash the .bin firmware that you gave. Then I manage to get the Rocktool BLUE box back into GREEN again. Then tried with several version of stock M1 MAX firmwares and none work. I tried to get into CM recovery once as per your advice, in the end i installed the generic. zip file that I downloaded from your link. The flashing went OK, but it never managed to boot..

Finally, my solution was to use your Android tool to erase IDB, and get into PIPO web site download the latest firmware version (2012-12-17), that is the only stock firmware version that works with my (nearly bricked) tablet... Now, get it to work as normal but I need to keep monitoring it for a while...

Thank you very much for your help. Without you, my tablet would have to go back to China, waiting long months for agent to work with factory to fix it.... I hope to be able to improve my knowledge more and more, quite interested to learn how to make custom ROM too, in fact. But really got not much time....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.