Android Tablets Forum banner

Touchscreen stops working

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  w9ran 
#1 ·
I've rooted three T-103s (woot)using the same procedure, but only one has this problem. This one works fine - until I turn it on to find the touchscreen no longer works. It will power up and the display is normal, but you can't drag the sliders and usually the three hard-keys are dead too. Power cycling and paper-clip reset don't fix it, but if I put it on my PC and run adb reboot, it corrects the problem every time. Anyone run into this? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 ·
Just last night my touchscreen stopped working! I did manage to slip the lock but none of my icons were showing. I charged it, it was half-way charged when this happened. Then the slider didn't work at all. This morning it won't even turn on. Could the battery have died? Even though it showed that it was fully charged? I can't find info on the battery: type and how to replace. I'm lost without my reader. Rebooting didn't help at all. I tried attaching it to my computer but now my computer doesn't recognize it. What is an adb reboot? I'm not technically savvy. BTW, it's a T103.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear - but at least I'm not the only one. I thought it might be related to charge status but recharging doesn't cure the problem.

If you're more of a user than developer, adb is probably not for you, but it's the only thing I've found to work. adb is "android debug bridge" and is use to develop software for Android devices. You can read up on it here: http://developer.android.com/tools/help/adb.html But it requires installation of a bunch of software and must be run from the command line, i.e. it's meant for highly technical users.

Maybe if we keep this thread alive someone will have another idea to try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.