Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

Hello guys

My Pipo Max M2 is not working properly.

It always says 100%
It cannot be powered down, it just reboots immediately

I imagine it may have had something to do with using a 3rd party charger I got at Maplin, the problem seemed to start sometime after using that charger.

Now I am in three minds,
1/ keep it plugged in all the time (bad for the battery)
2/ let it run down flat each time I use it, (not great because it will be flat next time I want to use it or run flat while doing something away from a power supply)
3/ return it (would be my 5th returned cheap chinese tablet) and bite the bloody bullet and get the Nexus 10.

I like option 3!

Pity because with the Decontaminated ROM, the google maps/earth issues are fixed, only the very dodgy microSD is an issue, and if i got the nexus 10, there isnt one anyway!! But then quality wise, it would be chalk and cheese, uber fast and smooth vs pretty iffy in the smoothness department on Rockchip tablets.

Anyhoo, thought I'd let you know.
Mark.

#2 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hello guys

My Pipo Max M2 is not working properly.

It always says 100%
It cannot be powered down, it just reboots immediately

I imagine it may have had something to do with using a 3rd party charger I got at Maplin, the problem seemed to start sometime after using that charger.

Now I am in three minds,
1/ keep it plugged in all the time (bad for the battery)
2/ let it run down flat each time I use it, (not great because it will be flat next time I want to use it or run flat while doing something away from a power supply)
3/ return it (would be my 5th returned cheap chinese tablet) and bite the bloody bullet and get the Nexus 10.

I like option 3!

Pity because with the Decontaminated ROM, the google maps/earth issues are fixed, only the very dodgy microSD is an issue, and if i got the nexus 10, there isnt one anyway!! But then quality wise, it would be chalk and cheese, uber fast and smooth vs pretty iffy in the smoothness department on Rockchip tablets.

Anyhoo, thought I'd let you know.
Mark.

I had similar problems after using Carnivore's mod with an IPower IPAD 1 charger case. It stayed at 100% with charge from the case for 4 days then died - not quite the same as you because it wouldn't reboot with the power or reset button. It did start by plugging in the standard charger but I thought that I'd ruined the battery.
However, since then I've only used the standard charger and always charge to 100%. From 99% to 100% takes hours but gives good battery life.
Yor M2 battery might still be OK?

#3 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

mark why dont you try the TNT version 1 ROM for pipo m2 3G and see..the micro sd issue is fixed it seems with that and so are other app like gameloft.

Edited by mkh, 18 November 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#4 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Hi there, thanks for the response, the tab is OK but there's no way of knowing how charged it is, so it's a bit annoying... Not the end of the world, but it WAS ok before. Tx
Mark.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

#5 fredphoesh

fredphoesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi there, yeah I can give it a whirl, though at the moment the battery permanently 100% and not being able to turn the tablet off are bigger issues.
I'll give it a try though.
Tx
Mark

#6 PIPOUSER

PIPOUSER

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Hi there, yeah I can give it a whirl, though at the moment the battery permanently 100% and not being able to turn the tablet off are bigger issues.
I'll give it a try though.
Tx
Mark

Sounds very odd if the battery meter still shows 100% once its discharged, auto powered down, and then plugged in again for charging.

I'd try a few cycles of charging overnight then running until shutdown and then full recharge.

#7 Lortas

Lortas

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I have the same problem after updating with of tnt 2 the tablet instead turn off, restarts! how do I fix? thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users