Android Tablets Forum banner

ICS ROM Final

59K views 106 replies 29 participants last post by  bancetz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
THREAD OUTDATED

PLEASE VISIT "40D (Dual Core) ICS / JB Custom Firmware" instead

Link http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/58474-40d-dual-core-ics-jb-custom-firmware/

Connor

#5 ·
Yes, I applied an AmLogic fix and tested 2 months - all is OK, the tablets which suffered from battery drain, work now w/o issues.

Drain is linear, about 10-14% per hour.

I want to implement fix as a script in fw.

Right now make the following:

- install Android Terminal Emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=search_result

- PLUG the TABLET INTO WALL OUTLET ! It's important, because the battery logs shall be nulled (charge = 0%)

- start Android Terminal Emulator and type

su (press ENTER)

echo B8 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

echo B820 > /sys/devices/i2c-2/2-0034/axp20_reg (press ENTER)

reboot (press ENTER)

- after rebooting battery indicator shows 0% and will charge about 10% per hour - leave it to charge for 10 hours or more - doesn't matter

- when indicator will show 100% turn off the tablet and leave to charge 1 hour more

- after that install My Battery Drain Analyser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WazaBe.android.BatteryDrain&feature=search_result

- turn on display "never timeout" and turn on Wi-Fi

- start My Battery Drain Analyser and leave the tablet to work for 4-5 hours

- check My Battery Drain Analyser log - it'll show about 10-12% discharge per hour

- open tablet "Settings" - Battery - double tap on chart and check what diagram is linear

Download View attachment battery fix.txt

10-12%/hour discharge is a standard value for Onda battery in the mode - Never timeout and Wi-Fi on with stock applications working

PS. Your discharge % can be more and the diagram some non linear if you have your own working in the background applications - doesn't matter

This method works in the case when battery indicator shows 100% and no discharge also

This method used to calibrate the battery right after the tablet/phone purchasing

This method works for all Amlogic CPU

I made a script for GScript to avoid typing in the terminal and shall include it in fw.

Connor

Attachments

#4 ·
Hi Connor

I like 1.5.5 but the tablet either switches off or has heavy battery drain when left in stand by mode. Previous versions would always keep full charge while remaining on stand by.

I notice the tablet crashes quite a lot while playing games (stick golf) on 1.5.5

Your work is very appreciated

#7 ·
FW kernel 1.5.5 has many bugs, I prefer 1.4 or 1.5 kernels

Battery drain issue have all tablets (from Apple till Ainol, not ONDA only) and it's not connected to FW version - simply some FWs have that bug more frequently

Manufacturers make this procedure http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/41041-ics-rom-final/page__view__findpost__p__454563

Regarding games it's hard to say - in v1.5.5 was changed audio driver but I'm not shure what the new audiodriver crashed the game

Connor

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
For the theme I would to suggest an other background.
Something more Android( but not the android) Or maybe something like the onda boot logo.

Like the + - buttons for volume. Looks much better. Maybe an tad bolder.
The circular battery indicator looks nice but feels a bit out of place with the rest.

Also the android boot animation is an bit generic and cheap.( If you don't mine me saying
)
Onda uses some animated one that look nice and color full. There was this wavy one
that was on there that looked nice. It's always an nice welcome.

For cpu, is it useful to use governors like say smartassV2 or the likes?

NL local, thank you.

#11 ·
#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
By the way, maybe you and the other want to use BarManager with your language?

Translate the file (very short text between > --- <), indicate your language (better the code http://userpage.chemie.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_639.html) and post me

View attachment 8057

Do not change encoding (UTF8 w/o BOM by default, better with text editor Notepad++)

Connor
Sure, no problem.
The code is
nl, Dutch

The button information is all uppercase? I made it so, like it was.

I get that with the theme. I suggest an standard nice balanced one as standard.
The wallpaper with the colorful speaker is crappy. It is such a cheap image.
It is nice to see an image that does the IPS screen Justice. Or maybe the JB Live
wallpaper is an option as standard?
And the speaker icons for sound up/down also looks a bit crappy( hope you didn't make it:) )
Maybe something that displays where the level of volume is like what the battery icon does.

The status/system bar is an space hogger/breaker.
But BarManager will do nicely if it is well implemented. I still run 1.4, so I have not tested it.

Like the dark wall you suggest.

I don't think the boot animation useless. The device boots in the background if there
is an animation or not, that doesn't change. But it does make waiting a bit more pleasant.
And it does give it more cachet and depth if the animation is of good taste, and adds to the
overall quality of the experience.( uhum..)

Is it possible to get the screen even less bright?
The current lowest setting is sometimes still to bright. It's probably an hardware restriction,
I haven't looked it up. I would be great if it could go much further down.

@PiotrJakub:
No it is not on there.

Attachments

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Your welcome valkoz

I added an adjusted translation, that looks better.

1. Tested this JB Live Wall( It free and there is an pro for those who want it) - JBLW

2. Looks better, but two of the same icons even though one is an other color, doesn't look right. ( Maybe just one icon that pops-up the volume applet..)
Also not sure about the menu button. Looks more Froyo style then ICS or Honeycomb.

3.BarManager works just great in conjunction with Button Saviour. Just to bad that button saviour doesn't place it self in the absolute bottom position like the ICS bar. If you remap Camera to BarManager, It's really handy. Home button would be great to use with BarManager.

4.Without sound would be best I guess. All though some very low volume background sound, something soothing that doesn't annoy.( I'll look into that, or if someone has an suggestion..) Something that loops well.
That thing with the butterfly at the start of the movie has an great effect.

5. What I was aiming at was the brightness when the device is up and running. Tested it with Nightstand Bold, but it seems that white still holds an minimum brightness, that is still relatively bright. So I guess that there is an minimum hardware illumination set to the screen. All device seem to act the same way.

edit;
added string.txt

Attachments

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

#34 ·
v1.5.5 bugged fw, resolved only "white robot" problem, but bringed battery and memory problems

Better to use 1.4 or 1.5 or 1.5 hybrid or better ICS FINAL till ONDA 'll upload more stable release of JB

Connor

#38 · (Edited by Moderator)
From Settings menu - no way (removed by onda, but added in JB fw)

Can make as I wrote in "Tips" - Never timeout (but need to plug into wall outlet to avoid battery drain)

Can use some applications like wifi lock, etc. - but they mostly freezed my tablet

Good works Jasmine https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.ivansuper.jasmin&feature=search_result - simply turn on Jasmine, and even the screen off Jasmine keeps wifi connection

Also you can find new added working applications on market - search "wifi lock" or something

#39 ·
------------------------------------------------------------------

ICS CUSTOM ROM based on stock ROMs v.1.4-1.5.5

Description & download link
............Download Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?mx9m8vam8czeo2m

............Filesize:160 mb

............md5:F39548798ACE7897D1B686DE76B0B6BC

...Features:
Description: Custom firmware based on the official firmwares Vi40D_v1.4 ... Vi40D_v1.5.5
Kernel: v.1.4, odexed, themed, full root
Changes:
Multilangual (62 languages-dialects)
Boot problem solved
Battery problems solved
Internal sd card problem solved
CPU frequency mod (max frequency 1.5GHz)
GScript
GOBackup
BarManager
BootManager
AnZhi Onda market
Google Apps latest
Chinese apps removed
Google Play compatibility
Gameloft games compatibility
Languages
Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan-Valencian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch-Netherland, English, English-dialect, French, French-dialect, Italian, Italian-dialect, Japanese, German, Greek, Finnish, Hindi, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Romansh, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Swahili, Spanish, Spanish-US, Tagalog-Philippines, Taiwan-Chinese, Thai, Turkish, Uyghur, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Zulu
Screenshots

How to flash ROM

View attachment 8135

1. Unzip firmware to micro-SD card (FAT32 formatted)
2. Plug the charged tablet into the wall outlet
3. Make user data backup to external sd card or pc
3. Turn off tablet, insert micro-SD card
4. Press and hold on HOME button
5. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER button
6. Release HOME button after green robot appears
7. After reboot answer Google questions, reboot again
8. Enjoy

Total: Flashing 70 sec. First boot 60 sec. Next boot 35 sec.

TROUBLESHOOTING ONDA tablets

Flashing problems
Green flashing robot dropped, crc error
Corrupted unzipped files on your micro-SD card - format SD card to FAT32, unzip firmware, flash again
Unsighed zip files - you use 3rd party ROM
Initial logo with white robot appears and freezes
Corrupted unzipped files on your micro-SD card - format SD card to FAT32, unzip firmware, flash again
If the problem persist use AML FLASH TOOL http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/40623-aml-flash-tool-aka-imageburntool/
After boot/reboot ONDA logo appears and freezes
Reflash the tablet
If the problem persist use AML FLASH TOOL http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/40623-aml-flash-tool-aka-imageburntool/

Battery problems
Non-linear discharge - Battery charge suddenly dramatically dropped
1. Download BatteryFix.sh
2. PLUG YOUR TABLET INTO WALL OUTLET
2. Place BatteryFix.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
3. Start .GScript application
4. Start Battery Fix
5. After reboot do not turn off the tablet and charge up to 100%
6. After battery shows 100%, turn off tablet and live it to charge approx. 1 hour more
Battery indicator freezes 100%
1. Download BatteryFix.sh and BatteryFixHard.sh
2. Place BatteryFix.sh and BatteryFixHard.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
4. Start Battery Fix
6. After battery shows 100%, turn off tablet and live it to charge approx. 1 hour more
7. If the problem persist start BatteryFixHard.sh and steps 5-6

Internal SD card (memory) problems
Decreased internal/external memory read/write speed
1. Use AML FLASH TOOL http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/40623-aml-flash-tool-aka-imageburntool/ and erase NAND
2. Flash ROM from SD card
Long time / impossible to mount internal/external memory (to open with explorer)
1. Use AML FLASH TOOL http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/40623-aml-flash-tool-aka-imageburntool/ and erase NAND

Tips

Emergency turn off
Press POWER button till the power off

Safe mode
1. Turn off tablet
2. Press and hold on HOME and VOLUME- buttons
3. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER and HOME buttons

Boot recovery mode
1. Turn off tablet
3. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER button

Wi-Fi on in the sleep mode
Choose: Settings-Display-Sleep-Never timeout

View attachment 8171

Battery saves
Saves battery by interfacing cpufreq and turning on/off services of CPU TUNER.
With CPU tuner you can choose 5 preinstalled power saving modes or create your own,
set max/min cpufreq at boot

View attachment 8162 View attachment 8167 View attachment 8164 View attachment 8165 View attachment 8166

Battery check
Start BatteryDrain application, check the log after 5-6 hours

Hidden status bar
1. Start .BarManager, HIDE SYSTEM BAR. Use Button Savior to navigate in hidden mode
2. Use GO Launcher HD for Pad https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.go.launcherpad&feature=search_result
3. GMD GestureControl - hide gesture not works, only hide button

View attachment 8170

Backup app+data
Use .GoBackup.
1. Backup to external SD (when SD card inserted)
2. Backup to internal SD (when SD card removed)

View attachment 8169

Fast reboot, power off
Use .BootManger

View attachment 8168

Full backup
1. Download FullBackup.sh
2. Place FullBackup.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
3. Insert ext SD card
3. Start .GScript application, press FullBackup

Avoid Market country restriction
Start MarketUnlocker application, choose country/operator

AnZhi ONDA Market
You can find here many very interesting Chinese applications

Netflix
Use Netflix v1.8.1 Black Splash and Full Rotation Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546053

User Bootanimation

Download Bootanimation collection:

Theming without flashing

Download Themes collection:

.GScript
Modded GScript Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.rogro.GScriptLite&feature=search_result allows to use different users scripts (.sh).
To place shortcuts for the scripts use GScript widget.

View attachment 8139 View attachment 8140 View attachment 8141 View attachment 8142 View attachment 8143 View attachment 8144

Download GScript collection:
Connor

Thanks for ur modded ROM.
But It would be very great if u would include Bengali(bn) language to it.
Hope u will consider it in ur modded JB ROM.
Really nice job u have done ( as before).

#44 ·
The rom Has the same touch and feel as it did before.
the great advantage for me is that dutch language is supported again!
and the tablet does get out of sleep everytime I require it to get out of sleep. (previous Rom hung up from time to time )

One thing I can't figure / find are the drivers for the tablet and the Hboot drivers.

Anyone?

#55 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've uploaded JB custom ROM based on stock v. 2.0-1129SD
Added applications from latest JB 4.2.1
- governors
- keyboard with gestures
- clock
- music player
Launcher, videoplayer, gallery, camera from 4.2.1 - work on 4.0.3, but I didn't included them because don't like how they work.

But:
- JB has more battery drain compared ICS (15% per hour)
- some applications have bad compatibility to JB

So ICS is still topical

PS. Today evening I'll upload ICS EN03

Connor

#57 ·

ICS CUSTOM ROM based on stock ROMs v.1.4-1.5.5

Description & download link
EN02...outdated...uploaded 2012-12-07...Download Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/?t42um2l7du9ruau
............Filesize:168 mb
............md5:EDA12331A139CE8DE33F860554A2A90F

EN03...uploaded 2012-12-17...Download Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BzbXO5Y8aALfSm5rUUhOTVVtcE0/edit?docId=0BzbXO5Y8aALfekppNUR3QzdNbEU
............Filesize:213 mb
............md5:17686779AE63D2CAB5E2F3B6BC4A4177

...Features EN03:
Description: Custom firmware based on the official firmwares Vi40D_v1.4 ... Vi40D_v1.5.5
Kernel: v.1.4 ICS 4.0.3, deodexed, themed, full root
Changes:
Multilangual (64 languages-dialects) - added Bengali
Boot problem solved
Battery problems solved
Internal sd card problem solved
CPU frequency mod (max frequency 1.5GHz)
GScript
GOBackup
BarManager
BootManager
AnZhi Onda market - only for users who want to use chinese android market - download as standalone, because it redirects Google Play links. AnZhi_Onda download: View attachment 8360
Google Apps
Chinese apps removed
Google Play compatibility
Gameloft games compatibility
Some system files improvements
Added from JB 4.2.1: Keyboard with gestures, Play Music, Clock, Facelock, Earth, Google Plus

Flashing 100 sec.
First boot 70 sec.
Next boot 35 sec.
Languages
Afrikaans, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan-Valencian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch-Netherland, English, English-dialect, Finnish, French, French-dialect, German, German-dialect, Greek, Hindi, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Italian-dialect, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Latvian-Lettish, Malay, Norwegian Bokmеl, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese-dialect, Rhaeto-Romance, Romanian, Romansh, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Serbian, Swedish, Swahili, Spanish, Spanish-dialect, Tagalog-Philippines, Taiwan-Chinese, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uyghur, Vietnamese, Zulu

View attachment 8361 View attachment 8362 View attachment 8363 View attachment 8364 View attachment 8365
Screenshots
How to flash ROM
View attachment 8135

1. Unzip firmware to micro-SD card (FAT32 formatted)
Important: use "Windows USB Safely Remove" - click "Safely remove hardware" from the icon tool
2. Plug the charged tablet into the wall outlet
3. Make user data backup to external sd card or pc
3. Turn off tablet, insert micro-SD card
4. Press and hold on HOME button
5. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER button
6. Release HOME button after green robot appears
7. After reboot answer Google questions, reboot again
8. Enjoy

Total: Flashing 100 sec. First boot 70 sec. Next boot 35 sec.
TROUBLESHOOTING ONDA tablets
Flashing problems
Green flashing robot dropped, crc error
Unsighed zip files - you use 3rd party ROM
Initial logo with white robot appears and freezes
After boot/reboot ONDA logo appears and freezes
Reflash the tablet

Battery problems
Non-linear discharge - Battery charge suddenly dramatically dropped
1. Download BatteryFix.sh View attachment 8370
2. Place BatteryFix.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
4. Start Battery Fix
Battery indicator freezes 100%
1. Download BatteryFix.sh and BatteryFixHard.sh View attachment 8370
2. Place BatteryFix.sh and BatteryFixHard.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
4. Start Battery Fix
7. If the problem persist start BatteryFixHard.sh and steps 5-6
View attachment 8371 View attachment 8372 View attachment 8373 View attachment 8374 View attachment 8375 View attachment 8376 View attachment 8377

Internal SD card (memory) problems
Decreased internal/external memory read/write speed
Long time / impossible to mount internal/external memory (to open with explorer)
Tips
Emergency turn off
Press POWER button till the power off

Safe mode
1. Turn off tablet
3. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER and HOME buttons

Boot recovery mode
1. Turn off tablet
3. Press shortly POWER button till white robot appears, release POWER button

Wi-Fi on in the sleep mode
Choose: Settings-Display-Sleep-Never timeout

View attachment 8171 or (better) CPU Awake View attachment 8378

Battery saves
Saves battery by interfacing cpufreq and turning on/off services of CPU TUNER.
With CPU tuner you can choose 5 preinstalled power saving modes or create your own,
set max/min cpufreq at boot

View attachment 8162 View attachment 8167 View attachment 8164 View attachment 8165 View attachment 8166

Battery check
Start BatteryDrain application, check the log after 5-6 hours

Hidden status bar
1. Start .BarManager, HIDE SYSTEM BAR. Use Button Savior to navigate in hidden mode
2. Use GO Launcher HD for Pad https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.go.launcherpad&feature=search_result
3. GMD GestureControl - hide gesture not works, only hide button

View attachment 8170

Backup app+data
Use .GoBackup.
1. Backup to external SD (when SD card inserted)
2. Backup to internal SD (when SD card removed)

View attachment 8169

Fast reboot, power off
Use .BootManger

View attachment 8168

Full backup
1. Download FullBackup.sh
2. Place FullBackup.sh to the folder /gscript on your internal SD card
3. Insert ext SD card
3. Start .GScript application, press FullBackup

Avoid Market country restriction
Start MarketUnlocker application, choose country/operator

AnZhi ONDA Market
You can find here many very interesting Chinese applications

Netflix
Use Netflix v1.8.1 Black Splash and Full Rotation Mod http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1546053

User Bootanimation

Download Bootanimation collection 768x1024 dpi:

View attachment 8381

View attachment 8380

Theming without flashing

Download Themes collection:

.GScript
Modded GScript Lite https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.rogro.GScriptLite&feature=search_result allows to use different users scripts (.sh).
To place shortcuts for the scripts use GScript widget.

View attachment 8139 View attachment 8140 View attachment 8141 View attachment 8142 View attachment 8143 View attachment 8144

Download GScript collection:
Hi Connor,

Many thx for the ICS Final, this's probably the best custom rom so far. I like the boot animation but I do not want that boot music play always. For example if I open the tab at night, it'll wake up others
Is there any possibility to control the boot music? Like if I want to shut it down or put it on sometimes?

Thanks!

#58 ·
Hi I'm currently trying to flash my ONDA Vi40 with the EN03 mod, but it doesnt seem to be working. Ive noticed that EN03 doesnt have the 40dc_ics_patch.zip file as opposed to the EN02 mod. Is it meant to be like that or am I encountering an error during download. I've tried to patch using the 40dc_ics_system.zip file but it gives me an error.

#62 ·
I deleted patch.zip from all ICS and JB ROMs, because patch files included in system.zip.

ONDA programers include core files and some parts of 3rd party applications in update.zip; in patch.zip they include chinese apps and google apps only.

I combined all in system.zip

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.