VINCENT ROM​
PLOYER MOMO8 CUSTOM ROM​
LAST POST UPDATE DECEMBER/10/2012​

DOWNLOAD V1 PARTONE PART TWO
Code:
*BASED ON OFFICIAL MOMO 4.1.1 20121120<br />
*CHINISE APP REMOVED<br />
*YOUTUBE 720P HD<br />
*BUILD PROP [CHANGE NEXUS 7 MORE APP MARKET DEEP SLEEP FOR STANDBY LESS BATTERY USE]<br />
*1MOBILE MARKET <br />
*ROOT(YET HAVE PROBLEM)NEED TEST

#2 ·
Sounds great darkrickpr, where did you buy it and what was the cost?

Thanks
Jez

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
#3 ·
HELLO
I just receive my momo8 come with jellybean 4.1.1 nice fast stable.I have to say is awesome quality the screen is hell bright very lite great battery life really if your looking for a 8inch this is best.
i will soon make a custom rom for it and if i can install finless clockwork mod.

Last update firmware
MOMO8 IPS-4.1.1-20121111
Nice! I have been planning to buy this one myself. I have just one question: how is wifi performance? (You could compare to the Cube U20GT)

#5 ·
But Window N90s have different hardware inside, on youtube video posted by merimobiles they show 5V charger and Cube is using 12V charger. Also mainboard connectors are on different sides. Hope you will manage to port JellyBean to our tablets.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

#6 ·
HELLO
I just receive my momo8 come with jellybean 4.1.1 nice fast stable.I have to say is awesome quality the screen is hell bright very lite great battery life really if your looking for a 8inch this is best.
i will soon make a custom rom for it and if i can install finless clockwork mod.

Last update firmware
MOMO8 IPS-4.1.1-20121111
Nice! I have been planning to buy this one myself. I have just one question: how is wifi performance? (You could compare to the Cube U20GT)

#7 ·
the CUBE U20GT would be nice if it had bluetooth, and if doesn't have the problem of the TF card that stay outside for some mm that could break the card easy even it been a gorrilla ips screen the ployer momo8 kick his @ss been more bright and nice color.
One thing bad on the ployer is that only have power button, no volume,no menu button just power button this could be bad to work with FINLESS CLOCKWORK.
Also if you dont know Windows n90II has release the new N90S and it just like the cube u20gt i think is same tablet but a little change i'm trying to get the 4.1.1 firmware to see if it work for u20gt.

#9 ·
For me is very fast on the same room were router is. I will test on difrent part of the house and let you know until now the tablet is very nice.

#10 ·
I bought the momo8 here, with this coupon for 127 usd.

I am curious if the momo8 is better than my Teclast P85HD which is very good.

#14 ·
I would prefer the momo8 speed than the rock x they had bad reputation here. About touchscreen issue. The momo8 it fill very nice and the screen is awesome

#13 ·
HELLO

Last update firmware
MOMO8 IPS-4.1.1-20121111
bro the link is not working for me, please help...how is it different from the official firmware on the site? i wanted to upgrade as the battery keeps dies quickly even if it's on standby..looks like it's awake all the time.

also the link in the ployer site is asking for user and pass? how do we register? can't find a link as well..
http://en.ployer.cn/support.php?page=2

#15 ·
I will post a new link soon to download
im trying to make a custom rom

#17 ·
check FIRST POST I'M EDITING IT

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
NICE FOR LETTING US KNOW
THE ONLY THING I HATE FROM CHINESE DEVELOPER THEY NEVER EXPLAIN WHAT IS THAT DIFFERENT BETWEEN EACH FIRMWARE OR WHAT HAS BEEN FIX ETC...

Edit : oops never mine they did say what new in it jejeej
Update: 20121115
System, audio and video decoding, browser, Flash player, 3G module, boot animation module BUG repair.
Updated NandFlash, Mali, Wifi module driver, while addressing some CTS tests BUG, the stability of the system as a whole has been further enhanced.
3. Optimize Flash stability, improve the efficiency of the implementation of the DDR.

DOWNLOADING NOW and MODDING jjejeeje

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys i also want to let you know i have suceeful extract the kernel.img from the recovery.img but still no way to get finless recovery to load just getting a bootloader loop just letting me to reflash again the stock recovery with buid in kernel.img. Anyone that has more good connection finless bob let him know if theres a way for me to get his recovery on the ployer momo8 rk3066 chipset.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Looking forward to getting mine... hopefully tomorrow! I love this site...

@ darkrickpr :what's the latest firmware like? Does it address the reported wifi & battery indicator issues? And thanks for your efforts with a custom firmware- I reckon there'll be plenty of folks wanting to donate!
I'm just downloading 2012 11 15: http://download.ploy...tail.asp?id=763

...it's gonna take agessssssssssssssssssssss.............

#23 ·
Just have try the 20121111 and did not se any problem before and after will test the 2012 /11 /15 tonight or tomorrow mornig and let you know if i see any difrent

#25 ·
To root is very easy with a chinese application will let you know soon the name

#26 ·
I'm having a hell of a time downloading the firmware here from North America. It's terribly slow and in each case it just times out. I don't think it's my end but that fileshare site Ployer is using is very slow. Does anyone have the latest firmware sitting on another site that I can grab pls? Thanks FredT

#27 ·
Have you try a download accelerator it work and will make downlod fsster it worked for me also soon i will post the new custom with last firmware

#29 ·
...so now I have the firmware downloaded and can't get this darn thing installed. This is my first rockchip device but it looked straight forward to me:

- use rkbatchtool
- restart the tablet in recovery mode (power and volume key) - but wait the momo8 does not have a volume hardware key!

So I plug in the mobo8 into windows 7 (64bit) making sure it's in debug mode... I catch windows before it installs any drivers... the tablet shows up on device manager at Mobo8, so I do an update driver and point it to the RockusbDriver\amd64\win7 dir to pickup the drivers but windows keeps coming back saying it can't find any drivers in the dir for the MOMO8 ...

what the heck do I do, I guess I have to put the tablet in some recovery mode so windows sees it as a rockchip device and not as an android MOMO8 device but I have no idea how to do that...

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks FredT

#30 ·
bro u don't have to put the tablet in recovery mode when u have a working firmware installed. it's explained in their rockchip tool documentation...basically just hold the software volume key and the power button i think and connect, it will show as pink color in the rock chip tool..then press the switch button..then it will turn green. then just press the button to upgrade..it was like very fast and smooth for me..

(just refer and confirm from the rockchip doc, that was from the back of my head.
)

#31 ·
Yes momo8 doesnt have volume key just power

@fred you will need to root it with sudashi thern with a terminal su and write command
reboot bootloader

#32 ·
Thanks guys... I read the entire rockchip tool doc as icearmour so kindly pointed me to and followed Method 2 ... it too did not work, but I found that you CAN'T have USB DEBUG turned on in dev tools, once I turned that off the upgrade ran like a charm.

What I found surprising is that it completely wiped the device and removed all my setup etc... it's like it did a factory reset at the same time it did the firmware upgrade... did that happen to anyone else? I've got a lot of tablets (non rockchip based) and this is the first time that is happened to me.

@darkrickpr rooted the momo8 with ZhuoDaShi-2.2.9 and all is cool.

#33 ·
Nice knowing you got runningand for the internal sd card yes gets formated but if we manage to get cwm won happend that

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Damn- I'm in the same situation where my Momo8 IPS is stuck in a bootloop, and I cant replace the firmware. I've tried everything in the posts above.
The RKbatch tool instructions refer to pressing volume and power butttons... but as someone else says these devices haven't got any!
I think the drivers are installed correctly- but when I point Windows (XP) to the RockUSB driver, it says not suitable for my hardware, and installs something else. Anyway- there are no Unknown devices listed at the end of it.
The devices that are loaded when I plug the tablet in seem to be listed in Device manager as
Android Phone (Android ADB interface)
USB mass storage device
USB Composite device
... is this correct?
I am pulling my hair out here- surely I haven't totally bricked it! Can anyone help?

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Right- got it!

FOR ANYONE STUCK IN A BOOTLOOP, AND CAN'T UPGRADE FIRMWARE.
(I'm assuming that folks who try this are fairly computer literate. These are not totally comprehensive instructions. If in doubt, please don't try it!

It might be a driver issue- cos your Momo won't go into recovery mode in order for the pc to recognise and install the Rkdriver (in RockUSB folder) in your firmware folder. There is only one button on Momo- so how to get it into upgrade mode? Read on&#8230;

Download and install:
Momorobo V2.0.2.290 (I don't know if it's required, but I already had it installed, and you can use it in conjunction with ZhuoDashi to Root later)
ZhuoDaShi 2.2.9 (you can also use this to Root).
And
New Firmware with RKBatchTool and drivers

1. Make sure your Momo is OFF (long press the Power button.. 10 secs should do it)
2. DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHARGER PLUGGED IN. Just make sure it's charged already.
3. Run RkbatchTool exe - Load your firmware into the program.
4. Plug in your USB cable. Let your pc load the drivers (if it hasn't done so already during the numerous times you've tried before).
5. Check RkBatchtool- if one of the grey buttons changes colour, then you may be in business. Try pressing upgrade. If that doesn't work press the SWITCH button and try again. No joy? Next step is..
6. Run ZhuoDaShi - this is a Chinese program. It takes a little guessing and intuition to get it to work. Let it recognise your momo.
7. Navigate to the set of spanners (top right) - click them.
8. Now Click RECOVERY, and one of the two buttons that pops up (can't remember which one&#8230; if it doesn't work then try the other one!)
At this point your Momo will appear to switch off, and you'll hopefully hear the beep from your pc telling you that new hardware has been found.
9. Point the driver installer to the ROCKUSB DRIVER and it will install your RK driver.
After it's finished, you may have a ! next to it in Device manager- you may need to unplug and plug in the USB cable to get rid of this.
Now go back to RKBatchTool, and repeat step 5.

I sincerely hope this helps someone, but I take no responsibility if it messes something up.
On the other hand, if you are as desperate as I was&#8230; give it a go.

#36 ·
PLOYER MOMO8 CUSTOM ROM

VINCENT ROM
Code:
*BASED ON OFFICIAL MOMO 4.1.1 20121111 <br />
*CHINISE APP REMOVED<br />
*YOUTUBE 720P HD<br />
*BUILD PROP LITTLE MOD<br />
*1MOBILE MARKET <br />
*ROOT NEED TEST
Ciao,

i've tried about 10 times to download 20121115 firmware by using that link, but download fails...
Do you know if there are other mirrors ?
Thanks in advance

Mario

#37 ·
I had the same problem, then darkrickpr recommended a download accelerator, I used DAP let it do the download with 4 concurrent connections (with restart support) and it downloaded the firmware in 30mins no issues. No mirrors that I know of so an accelerator like DAP is the way to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.