30 replies to this topic

#1 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

hi guys
i am seriosly interested in buying this tablet but the more i search on the internet about this tablet the more i get confused

i want to buy the 1024x600p IPS version but i see that sellers are selling a version with 1 front camera(0.3mp i believe) and another version with 2 cameras
so which one is the original or they are both manufactured by Yuandao (and which one has more firmwares)

and one other thing
i have read about AZ and ZZ series of the Yuandao N70 tablet

which one should i seek for ?
i have read that the AZ is the newer version with improved touchpanel and maybe better IPS screen ?

what do you think guys , answer as soon as possible becouse probably i will be buying the tablet tomorrow

Edited by mite_jan, 15 November 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#2 Jenko

Jenko

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

Dont think there are any with 2 cameras. Watch out for the N70S as well, all same specs except it has a non IPS screen (in my case a poor one)

#3 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

the N70S isn't worth the money. for only $10 more you can get a Window N70 and most sites carry the AZ Model

#4 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

yeah yeah i have seen this S version and i am watching on it ofcourse (it is cheaper)

yeah man there is N70 with 2 cameras

i have seen this in lightake at least they say so
http://lightake.com/...GB_1G_RAM-56872

so you suggest me to go with the AZ model WAI ? (which one has more firmwares) or they can be modified to work with both models ?
what are the improvements ?
or it doesn't matter if i go with the ZZ or AZ model
it can be seen on the back of the tablet right in the middle of the letters ?

how is the camera on the other side of the skype conversation ?
is it as bad as in the Ainol Elf 2 ?

p.s do you think Yuandao N70 is better than the Cube Mini U30GT and why ?

Edited by mite_jan, 15 November 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#5 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

that link you posted made me laugh. it's called false advertising :lol:

both AZ and ZZ have Jelly Bean Firmwares Available

the improvement over the ZZ is the AZ has a better Screen and that's all i know from what i could gather

yes, the Model can be noted on the back of the unit via Serial Number

the camera is only 0.3MP it's... ok for Video chats but i don't know if they work but from what i have read it does

hmm... from what i have been reading lately the Cube mini seems to be having Brick Issues and for that Unit you need to open it up to Unbrick it which is a pain. i would go with the Window N70 man. well worth it

#6 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

In my opinion, go for N70 Dual Core HD. It is well worth it for the high resolution and IPS screen.

#7 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

In my opinion, go for N70 Dual Core HD. It is well worth it for the high resolution and IPS screen.

yeah but it is 20-30$ more expensive and i don't think i need 1280x800 resolution on a 7 inch tablet

and maybe the higher resolution will give me worse frames in games

so i think i will stick with the 1024x600 resolution

#8 T3beatz

T3beatz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

The Regular N70 is great, the higher res one is good, but for the average guy that wants to save a few bucks and still have a wonderful tablet the N70 is the one to go with. With the higher res you will sacrifice a tad on performance in games (but I don't think it will hurt much on most). There are no versions with 2 cameras, so I wouldn't buy from that website!! Visually the difference between the N70 and the N70HD's screen will hardly be noticeable (I've compared mine to the Nexus 7 with the same 1280x800 res) if the screen was bigger you would see the difference but since they both have 7" screens your packing in more pixels into a small package, and one that already has a great screen I might add, basically it is a selling point.

So, I say save your money and go for the Regular N70, spend that 20-30$ on a few games and apps. (just make sure you get the newer "AZ" version

#9 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

well that was some good explanation mate :)
hey didn't i know you from somewhere ? your name sounds familiar to me (probably from ELF 2 threads)

i am not sure if i could find the AZ version but i will try from aliexpress

thanks for the answers

#10 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

i really don't get why companies up th Res. on such small screens. the human eye isn't going to see it at all <_<

when apple came out with that stupid display i was like... "for the love of GOD WHY??!!" on a 4" Screen really? :nea:

anyways, yes the Window N70 is great. i own it and love it

@ORiN, the N70 has a IPS screen to BUT for all the other users i came across a disassemble of the N70 and it infact uses AFFS display but it's still IPS nontheless

Source for AFFS Info. http://en.wikipedia....hing_.28AFFS.29

Window N70 disassemble http://chinatablets....fo/?p=8&lang=en

Edited by WAI, 15 November 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#11 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

i have just finished the conversation with a seller and she told me that he asked the factory and they told her that ZZ versions were available .... should i believe this ?
should i order this ? or keep searching for AZ version

hmm chinesse seems to be confused and thinking the ZZ is the latest version
probably guessing by the letters

Edited by mite_jan, 15 November 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#12 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:34 PM

the odds of getting a ZZ Model are slim anyways. just get the N70

#13 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

is it possible that they produce ZZ models or they are just some tablets that are left over from the first production

which one do you prefer hongkong or singapore post ?

i remember my previous tablet was at my place before 10 days with hongkong post

but i have also heard that the singapore post is the fastest ?

#14 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:58 AM

is it possible that they produce ZZ models or they are just some tablets that are left over from the first production

which one do you prefer hongkong or singapore post ?

i remember my previous tablet was at my place before 10 days with hongkong post

but i have also heard that the singapore post is the fastest ?

The more expensive it is, the faster it. Personally I'd go for DHL shipping, takes ~3 days to arrive safely from China to mostly anywhere in the world.
N70HD is better in terms of resolution and guaranteed IPS screen. Depends on where you're buying yours and from which batch it's the N70 from.

#15 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:10 AM

i really don't get why companies up th Res. on such small screens. the human eye isn't going to see it at all <_<

when apple came out with that stupid display i was like... "for the love of GOD WHY??!!" on a 4" Screen really? :nea:

anyways, yes the Window N70 is great. i own it and love it

@ORiN, the N70 has a IPS screen to BUT for all the other users i came across a disassemble of the N70 and it infact uses AFFS display but it's still IPS nontheless

Source for AFFS Info. http://en.wikipedia....hing_.28AFFS.29

Window N70 disassemble http://chinatablets....fo/?p=8&lang=en

Depending on how sensitive your eyes are, the display on iPhone with Retina Display is indeed superior to most of the phones I compared it against, even Samsung's AMOLED. I think that is part of the reason why Samsung pulled away from the ppi comparison and focused on screen sizes for the current generation. Before I get bashed for acknowledging iPhone's superior screen, let me clarify that I am a Xiaomi user. I went for the N70HD as I read PDF magazines on my tablet and when I zoom in to read an article, the clarity makes a difference for me. I came from a 800x480 Wopad i7 after all. =)

#16 T3beatz

T3beatz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

no doubt that the HD screen is better, but it's not a huge difference. My friend owns an Ipad 3rd gen, and it is nice, the screen is pretty good, but I won't loose any sleep because I don't have one, lol. If all you plan on doing is reading, a little gaming, you got the money and you really need the HD stuff, go for it. But if you are a casual user who just wants to have a tablet to kill time with then the Regular one is great.

#17 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

i think i have ordered the tablet at a very good price - 120$ / aliexpress seller (couldn't resist)

but i think i am getting the ZZ version (i am tired to talk with chinesse people and it is very difficult to understand with them)
hope there wont be some ghost touches and dead pixels

btw which Rom is the best and latest on this tablet ?
Project Margarine ? Official ROM ? Feriross mod ?

Edited by mite_jan, 16 November 2012 - 09:27 PM.

#18 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

i think i have ordered the tablet at a very good price - 120$ / aliexpress seller (couldn't resist)

but i think i am getting the ZZ version (i am tired to talk with chinesse people and it is very difficult to understand with them)
hope there wont be some ghost touches and dead pixels

btw which Rom is the best and latest on this tablet ?
Project Margarine ? Official ROM ? Feriross mod ?

Project Margarine is the best ROM out now for right now

#19 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Project Margarine is the best ROM out now for right now

v1.0 is the latest right ? any bugs ? i saw that there were some bugs with the previous releases
i see Christian doesn't update the thread on slatedroid anymore , so i guess i should check at Dragon-dev (btw what the hell is happening with the registration and that verification code .... always saying me i input wrong code)

btw have anyone tried side by side the N70 ICS and N70 JellyBean if the Jelly is faster ?
does Project Butter aka Margarine really works on the tablet

p.s has anyone considered bombarding Rockchip or Yuandao to release their source code ?

Edited by mite_jan, 17 November 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#20 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:46 PM

Good luck talking to Yuandao, they have only some fax numbers in the contact page. If you find an e-mail adress, do share with us, there's a lot of feedback to send.