• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:39 AM

I just received my N70 Dual Core HD last week. Any idea what I need to change in the build.prop for more app listings? Currently, even Google Maps is labelled as incompatible with my device so it is getting frustrating.

#2 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

first you need it rooted. go here http://dragondevs.co...70-how-to-root/ for that and for tips on editing the file go here http://dragondevs.co...ips-and-tweaks/

second you need a build.prop editor or use the text editor through ES Explorer File Manager

#3 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

Actually, my tablet is already rooted but I am having issues editing the build.prop to show more listings n Play Store.

#4 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Actually, my tablet is already rooted but I am having issues editing the build.prop to show more listings n Play Store.

what's the problem?

o... ;) in ES File Manager htere's a option to enable Root and Write permissions

#5 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

I tried the Nexus 7 spoof that I got from your link but it doesn't seem to work. I even cleared Play Store data before rebooting. Google Maps still listed as incompatible with my device.

#6 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

that's strange. on my N70 with the latest Stock ROM Google Maps is included. i don't know what else to do. i don't know why Window didn't include google maps on the N70HD

#7 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

that's strange. on my N70 with the latest Stock ROM Google Maps is included. i don't know what else to do. i don't know why Window didn't include google maps on the N70HD

Yes, mine came included but I deleted it by accident. Anyway, it is just an example. Many apps are still missing from the Play Store. Do I have to change the fingerprint to 'Asus/Nexus 7/Nexus 7:4.1.1/JRO03D/402395:user/release-keys'?

My current fingerprint is 'Asus/Nexus 7/Nexus 7:4.1.1/JRO03H/eng.sw3.20121026.142348:eng/test-keys'.

Edited by ORiN, 14 November 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#8 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

no yours is fine. hmm i don't know man :huh:

#9 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I may have un-rooted my tablet by updating to the latest firmware from yuandaocn.com website, date 26.10.2012. Now even less apps are compatible in the Play Store.

#10 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

I may have un-rooted my tablet by updating to the latest firmware from yuandaocn.com website, date 26.10.2012. Now even less apps are compatible in the Play Store.

I am using the same firmware as well. Even Facebook is not compatible!

#11 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

can you make a back up of your build.prop File and upload it and let me take a look at it?

#12 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

1st question: how come your tablet is rooted? I tried super one click and zhuo dashi, they both say success, tablet is rooted, yay! But in reality when I try to use root explorer to delete apps or to edit build.prop to make it more compatible, I don't have permissions. Super user is installed, busybox is installed, the damn thing just won't root.
2nd issue, it isn't entirely about the build.prop, as with the firmware from Oct. 19th you can download Facebook and other apps and quite a few games directly from play store. It is about reporting the location, as with
Oct. 26th firmware the location on/off icon disappears completely from the power control widget, many apps and games are NOT compatible
Oct. 19th firmware the location on/off icon appearis in the power control widget, many apps are compatible

My guess would be that firmware Oct. 26th sets the device as made in China, used in China and therefore apps and games are restricted. They have that in China, Facebook is prohibited to them.

My solution has been to download the Oct. 19th firmware mirror, which was the original firmware that came with my N70HD, flash it using rockchip batch tool and live with the slight white noise made by the speaker and occasionally frozen screen. Until there is a reliable root method that will allow me to update the apps manually, the Oct. 26th firmware though it is smoother and faster is also impractical.
Use a download manager like FlashGet, the download speed is other wise painfully slow and riddled with network errors. Or if you would like I can upload it in the evening.

#13 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

1st question: how come your tablet is rooted? I tried super one click and zhuo dashi, they both say success, tablet is rooted, yay! But in reality when I try to use root explorer to delete apps or to edit build.prop to make it more compatible, I don't have permissions. Super user is installed, busybox is installed, the damn thing just won't root.
2nd issue, it isn't entirely about the build.prop, as with the firmware from Oct. 19th you can download Facebook and other apps and quite a few games directly from play store. It is about reporting the location, as with
Oct. 26th firmware the location on/off icon disappears completely from the power control widget, many apps and games are NOT compatible
Oct. 19th firmware the location on/off icon appearis in the power control widget, many apps are compatible

My guess would be that firmware Oct. 26th sets the device as made in China, used in China and therefore apps and games are restricted. They have that in China, Facebook is prohibited to them.

My solution has been to download the Oct. 19th firmware mirror, which was the original firmware that came with my N70HD, flash it using rockchip batch tool and live with the slight white noise made by the speaker and occasionally frozen screen. Until there is a reliable root method that will allow me to update the apps manually, the Oct. 26th firmware though it is smoother and faster is also impractical.
Use a download manager like FlashGet, the download speed is other wise painfully slow and riddled with network errors. Or if you would like I can upload it in the evening.

It slipped my mind which method I used to root my 26 Oct firmware. I can see Shuame, SuperOneClick and JB Script v0.5 in my Android folder. I got a feeling that I rooted my N70HD using JB script v0.5.

Edited by ORiN, 16 November 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#14 ORiN

ORiN

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:22 AM

For those interested, I have included my current build.prop here. Any help or assistance is very much appreciated.

The link will expire on 30 Nov 2012.
http://www.adrive.co...GPv2/build.prop

Edited by ORiN, 16 November 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#15 max1001

max1001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

The tablet is root but supersu isn't install. Without SuperSU, you cannot gain root privilege to edit the build prop.

#16 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

For those interested, I have included my current build.prop here. Any help or assistance is very much appreciated.

The link will expire on 30 Nov 2012.
http://www.adrive.co...GPv2/build.prop

thanks, edit the following cause you messed up

ro.build.description= change Asus back to nakasi

ro.build.fingerprint= change Asus back to Google

ro.product.board= change back to rk30sdk (you shouldn't ever change this!)

Note: i can't promise this will fix anything

#17 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Where can I find that script, google seems to be quite unhelpful

#18 max1001

max1001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Can you provide instruction on how to flash the firmware with the rockchip tool?

#19 gaelex

gaelex

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Follow TNT's guide for updating RK3066 tablets, the procedure seems to be the same as long as the chipset is RK3066
http://www.topnotcht...dateProcess.pdf
Root using the JB script from here http://share-online....dl/JBWCY1CMQUV0

Credits go to TNT and the guys making these tools

#20 max1001

max1001

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Follow TNT's guide for updating RK3066 tablets, the procedure seems to be the same as long as the chipset is RK3066
http://www.topnotcht...dateProcess.pdf
Root using the JB script from here http://share-online....dl/JBWCY1CMQUV0

Credits go to TNT and the guys making these tools

2nd link is dead. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users