Need opinion from PIPO S1 User

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 GeorgeMan

GeorgeMan

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Anyone having problems charging this device? It takes about 6-8 hours to charge it from PC... I have ordered 5V 2.1A charger. Will it go faster, or will the pipo-cable adjust it so it will take the same time charging it? Anyone with experience from charging of this device?

Another problem; after charging it, the device varies from lasting 3 hours to aprx 1 hour... whats the issue?

Haven't rooted it or flashed it yet.. btw (I'm a newbie), whats the difference from flashing and rooting the device?

When I charge my S1 there are two scenarios:
1) Sometimes (most commonly when I have below 10% battery left or when I charge and play a game together) 1-2 minutes after I plug the DC-in, it immediately says that it is 99-100% charged. Of course, when I plug out the 5v, it rapidly decreases. BUT, even if it says 99-100%, it still charges, so I just leave it there untill the red light comes out.
2) The other times, it just reports rapid charge (comes all the way up from let's say 20% to 99% in less than an hour, but it stays and still charges at 99% for some hours.

So I have just stopped thinking too much about the charge times and states and just leave it alone to charge for a whole night or untill the red light stops lighting...
I guess this is the "price" we pay for this little and fast one tablet! 8)

#22 pws31

pws31

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

So I have just stopped thinking too much about the charge times and states and just leave it alone to charge for a whole night or untill the red light stops lighting...
I guess this is the "price" we pay for this little and fast one tablet! 8)

I am new to the tablet. Is it normal, that letting it in standby, short pressing the power button, will cause battery go low during the night? I have ipad and it can stay in this state for some days.
PS: I have TNT R3 firmware on it.

Edited by pws31, 08 December 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#23 Fratello

Fratello

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:29 AM

The consumption of baterry it's because of SD-card issue, I think ...The tablet don't goes into "deep sleep" ...None of official firmware or custom firmware don't solve this issue.
Ex-owner of MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti - now Pipo Smart S1, for my son! There is no perfect tablet !

#24 pws31

pws31

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

I am trying now to switch the pipo off (long press of power button). It is booting fast, so it isn't a big problem. Did anybody try to unmount the sd card before going to sleep mode? Maybe this would help and be faster than switching the tablet off.

I have also some clinking noise on headphones, but this is known already.

Apart from that it is a nice tablet. I wonder how long will it last, I've bought it for my son.

#25 oswack

oswack

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

I'm planning to buy a Pipo S1 this weekend, I requested the seller to root it before I buy it so as to spare me of possible hassles of rooting it myself, I hope everything turns out well. :D

#26 Karl0ss

Karl0ss

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

The veiw angle is very bad. I was gonna just keep mine cause its for my daughter. But the micro sdcard is seen by the phone as "external_sd" not "sdcard. So that means you can not move apps over to your micro sdcard and it also means if you install some gameloft apk's you are gonna be limited to installing the data to the "sdcard" thats about 6GB. Also so when you are charging the S1 the unit will always be turned ON!!!

Look at directory bind..

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Nexus 7 16gb & 32gb | Running too many rom's to list |
PiPo Smart S1 | Latest Stock | 4.1.1 |
Hannspree Hannspad | DRHJB with AntibytesKernel @ 1.5ghz |
Q88 Cortex A8 7" x4 | ICS |
Some random 7" Telechips tab that I can't work out what it is? help |

Motorola Atrix | Unlocked BL | OC Kernel - 1.45ghz | CM7 |
LG Optimus Black | OC Kernel 1.2ghz | Stock 2.2.2 |
Sony Ericsson X10 Mini | OC Kernel | MiniCM10 4.1.2 |
T-Mobile Pulse Mini | OC Kernel | 2.3 |

Android CX-01 TV Stick | Custom Rom |

Creator of ZT-180.tk
Creator of KMOD.VTL

#27 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

sounds like you need to calibrate your battery, look on my youtube channel (jackhasanlg) or flash the new firmware

Anyone having problems charging this device? It takes about 6-8 hours to charge it from PC... I have ordered 5V 2.1A charger. Will it go faster, or will the pipo-cable adjust it so it will take the same time charging it? Anyone with experience from charging of this device?

Another problem; after charging it, the device varies from lasting 3 hours to aprx 1 hour... whats the issue?

Haven't rooted it or flashed it yet.. btw (I'm a newbie), whats the difference from flashing and rooting the device?

#28 pws31

pws31

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

I have one update. After flashing newest firmware from pipo.cn (the one from December 2012), the battery problem (due to the SD card issue) seems to be gone. I have left Pipo in standby with 67% battery and after the night it went to 66%, the SD card was inside. If the battery level is properly shown, I think it is a very good result.

#29 sgdva

sgdva

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Look at directory bind..

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

What you mean? Is there a solution to install into external SD instead of internal? I use Links2SD on my phone but I'm not sure if that works in the tablet(?)
~New to android :unsure: ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users