#1 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi
i got my eye on this tablet and i am planning to buy it
i just have a couple of questions and maybe you guys can answer some of them for me

first of all does chinesse companies have it in stock right now ? where did you bought yours ?
i saw on aliexpress that some of the sellers sell it for 85$ with shipping but when i go to history to see which one has bought it i see that there is no new orders from November ...(so that kinda freaks me out becouse i dont want to be a tester for this tablet)

the other thing that scares me is the low resolution 800x480 ? and screen viewing angle ?
i had previously Ainol Elf 2 and i was not satisfied with the viewing angle (especially if you look from the top or bottom can't remember corectly) and the colors looked kinda washed a little , so is this one like it ? or maybe better or worse ?

third thing how is Jellybean working on this device ? is it smooth or bugged
i think i saw some benchmarks on youtube in Antutu but it was kinda low for these specs (5266)
isn't it needs to be something like 7000-8000 score

waiting for your advices
thanks

Edited by mite_jan, 13 November 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#2 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

please take a look at this review http://www.slatedroi...mart-s1-review/

#3 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

please take a look at this review http://www.slatedroi...mart-s1-review/

thanks man i have looked for it and it helped me realise some things but still a lot are unanswered :)

mainly i want some opinions about the display and its resolution , maybe comparisions
this comparision is between the Ainol ELF 2 and Crystal (i had the Elf 2 and i can tell it is horrible at viewing angles especially bottom one)
i just hope the Pipo S1 is not like it

http://www.slatedroi...crystal-review/

Edited by mite_jan, 13 November 2012 - 07:51 PM.

#4 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

do you think that the Icoo d70pro is better than the Pipo S1 ?
it has better resolution , everything else seems to be the same

#5 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

I've owned this device for around the 3 week barrier now and i have to say that its an ok device, screen resolution isnt a problem when your on apps or video playback, you can see how bad the screen really is when you view a photo of go through the homescreen with a big wallpaper, like you said it does look washed out

I bought mine on ########### for £80 from a UK seller as i live in the UK

Jellybean on this tablet does work, never really had a problem at all, although project butter is a mystery as i have no ICS to compare it too.
On quadrant standard it scores 3700-4000 which is actually better then the Nexus7

If you want a tablet because you actually need one for web browsing, playing a few games and reading emails then this is your tablet, but if you want something that will blow your socks off you are looking in the wrong direction. If you want a budget tablet with an IPS display there are many alternatives that range from around £100-£200 (probably about the same in $ As the products are from china) but if your going along the lines of $200 for a jellybean tablet with an IPS display then why not just get a nexus 7? it has much more development, a quad core processor and jellybean with comfirmed Project butter, not to mention its a device thats made by Google and Asus so you are looking at warrenty and customer service that wont let you down

This is just a brief explanation, hope i helped, ~ Jack

#6 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

damnit Jack why didn't you told me about the screen resolution earlier :)
i have already made an order on aliexpress
i hope i can cancel the order so i can order Icoo d70pro 2

i see here on slatedroid lightake.com are advertising themselfs
any experience with them ?

i am kinda scared from those selfcreated sites that doesn't give me much protection if problem occurs

#7 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:10 AM

Aha sorry about that, i only just checked slatedroid. I dont actually buy from any other site apart from ########### UK Because i know ill get warrenty and all that

damnit Jack why didn't you told me about the screen resolution earlier :)
i have already made an order on aliexpress
i hope i can cancel the order so i can order Icoo d70pro 2

i see here on slatedroid lightake.com are advertising themselfs
any experience with them ?

i am kinda scared from those selfcreated sites that doesn't give me much protection if problem occurs

#8 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Aha sorry about that, i only just checked slatedroid. I dont actually buy from any other site apart from ########### UK Because i know ill get warrenty and all that

how's the viewing angles from the bottom/up/right/left? i am assuming the screen bleeds from viewing the bottom?

#9 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

I ordered mine from Tinydeal for $88. Have had it for some days and I am impressed. Battery not too good, the resolution is ok, viewing angel is ok. Have bought a couple of others from Banggood ($82) and waiting for them... I recommend it! It works very nice from its specs! Scores about 8000 at Antutu Benchmark...

#10 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

have you tried underclocking the CPU? i have a Window N70 and basically the RK3066 CPU can run great even at 254mhz! it's awesome! the battery life i would say is 3-5 for the PIPO S1

#11 MAX Reitzel

MAX Reitzel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

have you tried underclocking the CPU? i have a Window N70 and basically the RK3066 CPU can run great even at 254mhz! it's awesome! the battery life i would say is 3-5 for the PIPO S1

Interesting, how can I under-clock the CPU?
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Winston Churchill

#12 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Interesting, how can I under-clock the CPU?

you can root it [look at my channel on youtube, "JackHasAnLG"] and download setcpu or whatever underclocking app you want, and i agree its runs smooth even on 250mhz
  • bchcan likes this

#13 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

Moborobo doesnt recognise my PIPO S1. Wont even recognise my Samsung Galaxy S2. So... Tried it on two PC's, one with Vista and one with XP. Enabled USB debugging on both... Is there anything I have forgotten...? Problem is of course in my software somwere... HELP! ;)

#14 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

do you have ADB on your PC? download this Scrpit http://www.mediafire...s4vyhagygvsy195 and then try to reconnect

#15 sounreal

sounreal

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

how's the viewing angles from the bottom/up/right/left? i am assuming the screen bleeds from viewing the bottom?

The veiw angle is very bad. I was gonna just keep mine cause its for my daughter. But the micro sdcard is seen by the phone as "external_sd" not "sdcard. So that means you can not move apps over to your micro sdcard and it also means if you install some gameloft apk's you are gonna be limited to installing the data to the "sdcard" thats about 6GB. Also so when you are charging the S1 the unit will always be turned ON!!!

#16 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

The veiw angle is very bad. I was gonna just keep mine cause its for my daughter. But the micro sdcard is seen by the phone as "external_sd" not "sdcard. So that means you can not move apps over to your micro sdcard and it also means if you install some gameloft apk's you are gonna be limited to installing the data to the "sdcard" thats about 6GB. Also so when you are charging the S1 the unit will always be turned ON!!!

there's a way to bypass to install Data/Apps via SD Card External through CWM and this is a RK3066 PCB Feature which can't be fixed. not a big deal for me. just turn the screen off when charging... <_<

Edited by WAI, 19 November 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#17 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

do you have ADB on your PC? download this Scrpit http://www.mediafire...s4vyhagygvsy195 and then try to reconnect

Thanks Wai for your tip.

Have tried it, but still no go...

Its just to set the pipo on, connect it to the PC and debugging off and the moborobo should recognise it, right? Is there similar programs as Moboro that I can use to get the drivers?

#18 Fratello

Fratello

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

"there's a way to bypass to install Data/Apps via SD Card External through CWM and this is a RK3066 PCB Feature which can't be fixed"
Can be more explicit, please ?!
Ex-owner of MID (8650), LY-F1, Zenithink ZT282 C91 Upgrade ; Eken-T05A ; Teclast P76Ti - now Pipo Smart S1, for my son! There is no perfect tablet !

#19 Jackhasasammy

Jackhasasammy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Go into device managers and uninstall any drivers your computer may have of it and try moborobo again

#20 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Anyone having problems charging this device? It takes about 6-8 hours to charge it from PC... I have ordered 5V 2.1A charger. Will it go faster, or will the pipo-cable adjust it so it will take the same time charging it? Anyone with experience from charging of this device?

Another problem; after charging it, the device varies from lasting 3 hours to aprx 1 hour... whats the issue?

Haven't rooted it or flashed it yet.. btw (I'm a newbie), whats the difference from flashing and rooting the device?

Edited by akkamannen, 30 November 2012 - 05:45 PM.