Android Tablets Forum banner

4.2 for Allwinner

183K views 322 replies 82 participants last post by  panadero 
#1 ·
will we see 4.2 for our devices?

#46 ·
Instalada en una Gemei G9, arranca bien, da problema con com.android.phone, aplicando solución comentada, funciona.
No monta las Sd interna ni la externa.
Esperando nuevas rom para probar

Installed in a Gemei G9, it starts well, da problem with com.android.phone, applying annotated solution, it works.Do not mount the Sd internal or external.
Waiting for new rom to test

Saludos

#55 ·
To get audio working I applied changed from social-design-concepts repo over ugers repo. Instead of picking out the individual changes I just replaced audio/audio_hw.c include/hardware/audio.h and I think include/system/audio.h. It was easier to just replace as the commits were over a few changes.

Also I used the put in the vsync patch which has removed some mild flickering on my momo9 compatible device (mainly noticeable when switching to a darker image, had the problem in cm10 as well). files replaced were hwcomposer/hwccomposer_priv.h & hwcomposer/hwcomposer.cpp

I also applied include/hardware/gralloc.h but I see there is a newer gralloc driver available for the Mali (Dec12 release)

Hopefully Ugers can add the above changes into his build.

Unfortunatly for me I built this yesterday, hours before Ugers fix the sdcard issue. I'm going to rebuild now with his fix I'll post the zip is anyone is interested.

#57 ·
I thought I'd report my experiences...

I only discovered that someone had built CM10.1 for A10 tablets a couple of days back and was happy to see it. I'd been using successive versions Christian Troy's CM10 for A10 ROMs on my NatPC M013RTB for a long while but he's no longer updating it.

Initially, I checked out the source for this ROM. This was my first build of an Android ROMs and was pleasantly surprised that I got it to build fairly easily! It even booted but I ended up with all of the "phone problems" because I'd just installed it as is.

I then installed the new version that was posted on here pretty much as I did the first boot of my ROM!

My impression is pretty good so far. I haven't noticed any screen flickering problems yet. I get a couple of error messages about Sim Toolkit after booting but that goes away after a couple of clicks!

I also have no audio but that appears to be a problem that might now have been fixed.

This is using a compatibility.zip file I created myself for use with Christian Troy's ROMs.

Out of interest, which apks have you removed from the zipped ROM? Phone.apk and which others? Is there any way of getting the build process not to include these apks or do they always have to be removed by hand? Now I have the source, I might as well use it for testing!

#59 ·
At first I want to say that your work is really great and shows how powerfull the allwinner a10 is. The stockbrowser of 4.2 is the quickest until now. A guy before said that a working HWA depends also on the baseband version. The only functional HWA on a jb allwinner a10 is the digma rom from russia , which has a basebandversion > 3.0, wich is nessesary for a funktional HWA. It seems that it doesnt depends on kernel version. CMG 10.1 has as a unknown version.
Do you know more about it. Is it possible to change basebandversion?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.