MK808 Android TV Stick + Measy RC12 Remote - Brief Review

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 stonecomputers

stonecomputers

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

i just rechecked and i have the mk809. figured it would be better since it had a dual core processor. however now this thing is getting on my nerves...now it cant find the wifi and it keeps turning off the wifi in the settings menu...this is definitely going back in the box

the difference between a MK808 and an MK809 as far as I can tell is the amount of storage.. they both have dual core procs...

#22 Avivvashko

Avivvashko

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

I have been using MK808 as Digital Signage Player, with NoviSign.com as the CMS and editor in my father's wine stores (he is not at all tech guy). it is running GREAT fro more than a month now. I have managed to reduce the digital signage costs dramatically.

#23 Logik

Logik

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

Droidmote is supposed to be good ... on my to-do list to try it out myself :) See app links below...

Client link

Server link

Jez

Have you had any luck with droidmote. I have tried a dozen times and it appears to be connected but nothing is working. I press the home button on the droidmote on my phone, the phone vibrates but doesnt take my mk808 to home. So if you have an insight on this that would be great.

#24 Leigh Warren

Leigh Warren

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

I had a problem with the mk809 but I found that it was because I had the unit plugged into the TV usb socket and it wasn't putting out enough power when it switched on the Wi-Fi. I swapped that for a phone charger 1a and now works fine. I also have a nasty rc12 with keyboard issues and will try to distance the transmitter from the Wi-Fi transmitter on the mk809 to see if that fixes it.

#25 TrustyBadger

TrustyBadger

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Insert the USB receiver
install the batteries.
put the RC12 horizontal
press the left key and G key at the same time for 3 seconds, then loose them at the same time.
the gyroscope system will be reseted itself
then press the key in the middle of mouse
try it, it will work"

Thank you so much! Following the procedure above my 'Measy RC11' air mouse no longer drifts to the left! It's a shame that the instructions that shipped with the device didn't make any mention of this as my air mouse was drifting from the moment I recieved it. Had it not been for your advice I would have had to return the product. Thanks again!

#26 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

Have you had any luck with droidmote. I have tried a dozen times and it appears to be connected but nothing is working. I press the home button on the droidmote on my phone, the phone vibrates but doesnt take my mk808 to home. So if you have an insight on this that would be great.

It's working great here. Make sure under settings that the client & server are both using the same port. Also use the connect option on the menu to connect from the client to the server.

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#27 vsg

vsg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

Have been using the mk808 for about a couple of months now and really love it.
But like everyone else the RC12 is a peace of crap and takes a lot of fun out of the device. Now I will try the "fix" to see if it works or not, otherwise i would have to get a new remote.
ZT282 [C91 Upgrade].
ROM: Zenibasic ICS v1.1
MK808.
ROM:MK808_Finless16_rom.

#28 UserNotHacker

UserNotHacker

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:22 PM

Is it possible to plug a generic MCE IR USB dongle into mk808 and control it using Logitech Harmony remote?

#29 JustinTime4Tea

JustinTime4Tea

Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Is it possible to plug a generic MCE IR USB dongle into mk808 and control it using Logitech Harmony remote?

Check the package for your Logitech Harmony Remote or if you no longer have it do a quick wiki product search and find the "supported Operating Systems" section of the device. If the device lists "Linux" as a supporting Operating System then this means manufactures have some form of driver available for Linux and I would imagine it totally possible to use this remote in Linux. Even IF it does say it supports Linux it does not mean 100% will work because it all depends on the Kernel you are using and wether or not the kernel developer for your device has included the correct modules/firmware/drivers, if they have not you will need to grab a copy of your kernels source as well as several other tools so that you can "install hardware support for remote" this is the standard procedure for adding any hardware device to linux when it is not a "commonly used/widely supported" device. If you are using a Linux release such as "ubuntu" usually if its a widely used device and the manufacture supports linux the drivers will be on an official repository unless specific licensing laws prohibit it at which point you will need to compile the drivers and make sure you have correct dependencies etc.. manually. With the dawn of Mobile Android devices and "smart devices" in general the market (in my opinion) has no need for remotes like the logitech at an outrageous price compared to a new mobile device completely capable of everything the remote does and MORE. A $20 Android is at your local swap meet waiting for you to use it as a remote :) That being said there may be developers out there who own a remote such as this and may be testing it!

If you find out that the remote IS supported by the manufacture themselves and need help installing/compiling your drivers I can point you in the right direction to begin learning how (what linux is all about) with a few links to get you started. I don't own a remote such as this so I cannot directly help you but I can help you in-directly with tips/direction. Hope some of what I said was helpfull or informative.

Best Regards,

Justin Gross
home://io
Seattle, WA

_.-=/ Here we go again! Ubuntu 12.10 on ARM the way it's meant to be experienced! Easy, Optimized and now even smaller. \=-._

.-=/ Open GL ES GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_Quake-3_*- .. -*_GLTron_*- .. -*_Playstation_Emulator_*- .. -*_XBMC with AddOns!_[COME and get IT!]* ) - .

.-=/ OTHER GOODIES! \=-.

. - ( *_XChat FREE Direct Live Help and Growing Community!_*- .. -* Joomla 3.1 Quick Professional Modern Website Easy as 1-2-3 *- .. -* HW Support: Webcams, Hubs, PS3Remote, much more *- .. -* too much to list! Download now and enjoy! Join us using XChat and lets plan the next release together!_* ) - .

_.-=/ Justin Gross ]
_.-='/ home://io ]
_.-=/ Seattle, WA ]

#30 kermitos

kermitos

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Hi Roman,
Don't know if you tried this or not:
"and here is the method for how to fix RC12 fly mouse:

Insert the USB receiver
install the batteries.
put the RC12 horizontal
press the left key and G key at the same time for 3 seconds, then loose them at the same time.
the gyroscope system will be reseted itself
then press the key in the middle of mouse
try it, it will work
we have tested"

Not sure if will help with the key press problem.

What do you mean with mouse middle button? To tap the center of touchpad?

#31 jetwellson

jetwellson

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:58 AM

i just rechecked and i have the mk809. figured it would be better since it had a dual core processor. however now this thing is getting on my nerves...now it cant find the wifi and it keeps turning off the wifi in the settings menu...this is definitely going back in the box

How about Mk809?

#32 mikebey

mikebey

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

thanks for your opinion regarding the mk808.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users