#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

For those who hate reading... Get the MK808, it's great... Avoid the Measy R12 remote like the plague... it is awful...

MK808 - Decent WiFi (not as good as I was hoping, my TV is close to my Router) but it is on par with most 7" tablets. Good enough and it IS fast as long as you have a strong signal. That aside, I love the rest of the device! Fantastic! Picture quality is great, sound quality is good, performance is good, boots fast, good all around! I am working on TNT firmware for it right now.

R12 Remote - meh... sporadically bad experience that has been getting worse all evening... For the record... FRESH BATTERIES and Line of Site to the usb dongle which is about 6 feet away. Sometimes the mouse pad doesn't work, most of the time it does. The biggest problem has been the buttons/keys. The feel great to press and have a nice "click" to them (not loud but you can feel it) which would make you think that it would be easy to type on and use.... WRONG... You lightly hit a letter key and it presses that key like 6 times.... Very bad when you have a word with double letters... for example you want to type:

google

but instead you get:

goooooooggle

The arrow keys (which are very useful for navigating android... but then not becuase of this issue) are likewise affected making it hard to navigate.

I couldn't find a single bloody review (aside from the typical chinese BS which isn't a review but just a promotion for xyzChinatakesYourMoneyButDoesntShipYourStuff-shop.com) so I thought I would be helpful and tell folks to avoid it like the plague :).

Now I am trying to source another wireless qwerty remote/mouse for us to sell with the MK808.

Had a different experience with the Measy R12? Please share!

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hi Roman,

Glad you are enjoying your mk808, they are great aren't they? I keep telling friends about them but it's quite difficult to get across to people what is possible with these amazing devices. They don't quite believe it until I actually show them on my TV!

Anyway I am using a Measy RC11. The wireless mouse aspects are great and work well. The keyboard is quite clicky but you only need light pressure to operate the keys. I haven't found the same problem as you with the RC12 and have been able to type usernames and passwords etc without any repetitions.

By the way, I am told that the Mele F10 is an excellent keyboard / mouse although haven't tried it myself.

Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 13 November 2012 - 05:24 PM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#3 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hi Roman,

Glad you are enjoying your mk808, they are great aren't they? I keep telling friends about them but it's quite difficult to get across to people what is possible with these amazing devices. They don't quite believe it until I actually show them on my TV!

Anyway I am using a Measy RC11. The wireless mouse aspects are great and work well. The keyboard is quite clicky but you only need light pressure to operate the keys. I haven't found the same problem as you with the RC12 and have been able to type usernames and passwords etc without any repetitions.

By the way, I am told that the Mele F10 is an excellent keyboard / mouse although haven't tried it myself.

Jez

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Right now I am looking at the RII Mini I8. I will look up the Mele F10 though. I think I prefer a Touchpad over an "air mouse" but am not sure. I do like the "dual sides" on the F10. Cool idea.

The R12 remote I have is definitely not good for typing and the mouse pointer often goes a bit crazy/gets stuck. Very odd.

The MK808 is an AWESOME device. The hard part is selling it as I have no idea how to explain it to potential customers either.

Cheers,

-Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#4 mishmash

mishmash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Hi Roman,
Don't know if you tried this or not:
"and here is the method for how to fix RC12 fly mouse:

Insert the USB receiver
install the batteries.
put the RC12 horizontal
press the left key and G key at the same time for 3 seconds, then loose them at the same time.
the gyroscope system will be reseted itself
then press the key in the middle of mouse
try it, it will work
we have tested"

Not sure if will help with the key press problem.

Edited by mishmash, 15 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#5 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hi Roman,

Insert the USB receiver
install the batteries.
put the RC12 horizontal
press the left key and G key at the same time for 3 seconds, then loose them at the same time.
try it, it will work
we have tested"

I will give it a go but I was never able to determine if the R12 even has a gyroscope? I know the R11 does (because it has no touchpad) but I think the R12 is just the touchpad.

:(

edit: anyhow, there is no way I could ever sell the R12 to customers :(. I have a sample of a black version of the Rii Mini I8 coming now for testing.

Edited by Roman2025, 15 November 2012 - 05:39 PM.

-Ayn Rand

#6 pehshin

pehshin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

I bought the same set and I have the exact same experience... MK808 is great! RC12 is the worst! RC12 will just ruin the joy on the MK808. Some times I'm got so frustrated that I almost have it throw out of my window.

My advice... just get MK808 alone, don't get RC12. Save the money to get a better input device.

Also, does anyone know any android app that can let you turn your android phone/tablet into remote touch-pad for another android device (such as MK808)?

#7 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

Also, does anyone know any android app that can let you turn your android phone/tablet into remote touch-pad for another android device (such as MK808)?

Droidmote is supposed to be good ... on my to-do list to try it out myself :) See app links below...

Client link

Server link

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 16 November 2012 - 06:53 AM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#8 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

I just wanted to say I got my Rii Mini I8 today... I LOVE IT! Incredibly good remote! Awesome size/shape, super light, built-in lithium battery pack that is rechargable AND replaceable... OR ... you can optionally use 2 AAA batteries! Sweetness! Buttons work, almost all the media buttons work great with android. Mouse Pad is DPI ADJUSTABLE! They have 2 sets of left/right mouse buttons so that you have easy access to them either way you are holding the device... has a physical on/off switch AND auto sleep mode in case you forget to kick it off and the QWERTY keyboard is super easy to type on. It also looks super-nice...

Anyhow, this is going to be THE bundled remote when we start selling our packages if folks want the bundle. If you are planning on using this device in the living room, this is a pretty slick remote imho. I have had a lot of people tell me I should have gone air-mouse but honestly I prefer the precision of a trackpad and with adjustable DPI it doesn't get much better.

Regards,

Roman

-Ayn Rand

#9 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the info on the Rii Mini i8. Looks like a great piece of kit. :good:

Jez

#10 leemac

leemac

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Apart from a well known auction site, are there any UK companies selling a reasonably priced bundle of MK808 & decent remote?

Does the MK808 work out of the box or does it need modifying / flashing?

Cheers

Lee

#11 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:31 AM

Ingadget are selling them. You will need to flash to Finless Bob's v1.5a rom although Ingadget do pre install it for you if you buy from them.

Jez

#12 bobqxl

bobqxl

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Thanks mishmash :-)

I have an RC11 bought from china off that well known auction site

had real problems with the mouse drifting to left side - and seller had no idea how to fix and wanted me to send back to china

After a bit of googling I found this thread and can confirm your reset instructions also work for the RC11.

Thanks!!!

Bob

Hi Roman,

Insert the USB receiver
install the batteries.
put the RC12 horizontal
try it, it will work
we have tested"

#13 headeye

headeye

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:19 AM

I bought this Wireless Fly Mouse with a MK802 TV stick.
Like many user of the RC12, I experienced a lot of troubles with the wireless keyboard/mouse. In few words, it is not usable at all, if you plug the usb receiver directly in the USB port of the TV stick.

To work properly, the RC12 wireless fly mouse MUST be connected to the android TV stick with an USB extension cable of at least 1,5m, keeping it away from the TV stick, in order to avoid RF interference from wifi module of the stik.

I assure this solution solves all the issues and, let me say, the RC12 is a good wireless remote!

#14 salars

salars

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

The MK808 is a great device

Wifi - Works well, I have a router thats 30 feet away but thats not picked up always. i have a repeater closer to the tv unit so that works.

The onscreen menu and other things are good. I have a 2amp charger so that keeps it stable.

I wish they would have bluetooth driver support to plug in a generic bt device into it

I use it with a wired mouse and with a usb wireless keyboard and touchpad and it works just fine

#15 muratremix

muratremix

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

I also have MK808 and running Finless 1.5A rom with Kizs kernel 1.5ghz 720p on it. Works much better than factory rom.
I tested SPAMMER! 1080p rom before this one but its sluggish. I haven't tested Kizs kernel 1080p on finless 1.5a yet. But I doubt this device can handle 1080p UI.

#16 stonecomputers

stonecomputers

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hi my name is Dustin and I love my new Android TV... the problem is its on all the time... I know we keep phones on all the time but they go into a low power state (sleep maybe?) and this thing does not I left it on for a day and it was warm so is there an app I can download to put the thing into a sleep mode that will wake on usb or a button press? I have the MK808 with Android 4.1... Right now I just keep unplugging it and I know thats going to ware down the port and just loosing power cant be good for the files... what do you do with your Android TV???

#17 bishop793

bishop793

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

i just got my mk808 today and i have to say i am underwhelmed. first it says its 4gb but it only has 350mb of free storage. also there is no sound. netflix does not come in smooth at all and other videos stream choppy. if someone can advise me on the sound issue i would appreciate it.

#18 stonecomputers

stonecomputers

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

i just got my mk808 today and i have to say i am underwhelmed. first it says its 4gb but it only has 350mb of free storage. also there is no sound. netflix does not come in smooth at all and other videos stream choppy. if someone can advise me on the sound issue i would appreciate it.

You MUST have gotten a bad one... Mine has abotu 7.5 GB free and EVERYTIHNG works AWESOME right out of the box... Was yours in a green box and look like this: http://androidyo.com...ith-jelly-bean/

Im guessing you bought the MK809 with less storage space (4GB) and more glitches (so I heard).... that one looks like this: http://www.rambogame...-dongle-mk-809/

You might be able to do a factory reset.... what do you have for a return policy? I bought mine off of ########### for like 39 bucks....

#19 bishop793

bishop793

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

mine came in a black box with green android on top. i will probably return it the day after xmas. i paid 55.00 from ###########. they said us seller but package came from china.

#20 bishop793

bishop793

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

i just rechecked and i have the mk809. figured it would be better since it had a dual core processor. however now this thing is getting on my nerves...now it cant find the wifi and it keeps turning off the wifi in the settings menu...this is definitely going back in the box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users