44 replies to this topic

#21 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

You are right Jezzer, 1 Gb is a bit less. I knew, but I like the weight and a bit smaller dimensions of the Ramos W42, though the Momo11 is not heavy.
I said this evening in a dutch thread, after 12 hours of use, I forgot the RK3066 and A31, and I can hardly imagine the experience with the RK3188 will be much better.
On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#22 tatubias

tatubias

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I did test the root exploit on momo11 and it works. The video works too

Sent from my MOMO11 四核 using Tapatalk 2

#23 venome

venome

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Sounds like a great tablet, thanks for all the info guys. I had a feeling this was gonna be a good one. ;)

#24 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Here is a vid for those who have interest ...probably pre-production.
Quad
(4th one down)

Edited by BamaPanda, 02 February 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#25 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I did test the root exploit on momo11 and it works. The video works too

Are you using the Quad?
Please share more if you are. This new Exynos 4412 looks promising.

#26 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

I said this evening in a dutch thread, after 12 hours of use, I forgot the RK3066 and A31, and I can hardly imagine the experience with the RK3188 will be much better.

It will be interesting how the Exynos 4412 compares with the 3188. I read that Samsung has made this new chip very efficient; GREEN!
In that area I might trust Samsung to get it more right than Rockchip.

#27 maxiglw

maxiglw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

After much reading, you tube watching and manufacturer watching i have jumped for one of these babies !

Just ordered from Ingadget in the UK and hopefully have in hand Mon/Tue of next week ( Tablet Collector Inspired )

The A31 seems flakey on the F/w upgrades and don't fancy import/export hassles back and forth to China for dodgy kit.

The RK3188 "looks good" but no-one has got hands on it yet and i want to muck around with an Android machine before maybe buying the fruit machine unit while over in America in summer so here we go !

My "rooting" experience has been the kids mobiles, and they still work :) - and all my Jailbroke units still function so will see how i go with this.

Once i get the tablet i will post how a newbie like me gets on, and what i can or cannot get this unit to deliver.

#28 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Hi maxiglw,

Glad to have inspired your purchase :good: If it's as good as my w42, and from janesh's experience it is, you will really enjoy the tablet. Ingadget also set up their tablets nicely & you have their warranty for peace of mind although I haven't had to use it so far (fingers crossed).

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#29 maxiglw

maxiglw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Lol - don't worry any probs and i will be shouting for help !

off to start to read up on rooting etc

#30 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol, actually I think their tablets come rooted. At least the last one I bought there did.

Jez
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#31 maxiglw

maxiglw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Well i have received the Momo 11 Quad - would have had it yesterday but no-one heard the postman !

Anyway first impression is very very good, smooth as you like and good to go.

Ingadget have indeed pre-rooted the machine, also set up play store, BBC-i player and even the ITV player and catchup tv - all work smoothly

Only "bad" is that it is ICS when i was told it was JB, hope to get resolved in time

The AnTuTu score is 16118

So any questions or tips relayed i will try on machine

cheers

#32 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

Sounds great. I think all Chinese Exynos 4412 tablets are ICS for now. Maybe we'll see new jb fw after Chinese New Year.

#33 herold

herold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Sounds great. I think all Chinese Exynos 4412 tablets are ICS for now. Maybe we'll see new jb fw after Chinese New Year.

Hello all
Hopefully it will be possible to update especially as it seems there are several tabs with different names but both case and spec seeming the same,
it would be interesting if anyone gets the chance to open some of the others and compare both battery size and circuit board part and revision.

My tab was very easy to open using a guitar pick, it has two 2500 Batteries in paralell, they are getting charged to around 4500 total
so hopefully they will last a while as that is fairly conservative.

Actual run time with mixed use is around 4 Hours, a trade off for the performance and price I guess.

Herold

#34 tatubias

tatubias

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

I did got similar response. 3hs for hard 3d gaming to 5hs to web stuff.

I think this tablet is like a generc one. There are several company's that have the same device with the same case and hard ware.

I hope some one can release a new firmware. I have sent several emails to ployer, but I have never got response from them.

#35 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello all
Hopefully it will be possible to update especially as it seems there are several tabs with different names but both case and spec seeming the same,
it would be interesting if anyone gets the chance to open some of the others and compare both battery size and circuit board part and revision.

My tab was very easy to open using a guitar pick, it has two 2500 Batteries in paralell, they are getting charged to around 4500 total
so hopefully they will last a while as that is fairly conservative.

Actual run time with mixed use is around 4 Hours, a trade off for the performance and price I guess.

Herold

How would you rate the assembly inside the tab? I had read a description of the Pipo M8 as being 'rough' in certain areas ....just wondering here.
I have heard of folks installing a bigger battery after a while. Does the Momo11 have room inside for a bigger battery?
Looks to be a very nice tablet. Actually, every tab I have read on using the new Exynos chip seems to be a cut above.
Thanks

Oh ....you didn't take pictures of the innards, did you? :)

Edited by BamaPanda, 23 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#36 smudgy

smudgy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Have to say another time, very fast tablet, running faster, with no lag as RK3066 and A31. The last twoo suffer frequent from lag, loading a web page, what is for me pretty annoying. Seems to me the exynos have not this trouble. He can handle better twoo things at the same time, compared with RK3066 and A31, i.e. incoming mail and loading a webpage at the same time.
Also video playback is a bit better as RK3066

Good info. Would it be too much to ask for main h/w info as reported by an app like Android System Info by Electric Sheep to discover ROM? I am thinking of going now for Momo11Quad now rather than maybe waiting since it seems to work well to judge from your info.

At the moment from my existing Pipo S2 I have discovered that Internal Memory aka ROM or Phone memory is 1 GB and report insufficient storage when downloading new app if less than 125mb free and not taken up by apps/media since not all apps can be moved to sdcard. Nobody seems to quote ROM or they get it mixed up with RAM or internal sdcard even.

The RAM which is also 1GB on mine but 2GB on yours. The rest is clear enough I guess but I undersande to be 32GB sdcard for yours, although I wonder how that is doing. Maybe 4412 handles sdcard better as my 3066 has glitches with sdcards especially after reboot.

Your inside user knowledge would be appreciated again ;=)

Recap: my request is that from Android System Info get both ROM (Internal Memory) and RAM etc as distinct values. Device Info is another excellent small app for this - I have both and they are very small for what they do.

Thanks iain

PS: Is video hardware acceleration supported in Browser etc?

Edited by smudgy, 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#37 janesh

janesh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Locationthe netherlands

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

Memory Download Cache Max: 291MB/ Free: 259MB data Max: 0.96GB/ Free: 366MB External storage: mounted External storage Max: 12.91GB/ Free: 12.40GB External storage removable: false External storage emulated: false External SDCard Max: 3.68GB/ Free: 3.34GB Total RAM: 1.62GB Free RAM: 1.19GB Threshold RAM: 64.00MB

The Ployer Momo11 quad is still running very good, no lag force closes or what ever. I am using him a bit more as the Ramos W42, despite the last has a brighter screen and stronger wifi.
Scrolling on momo11 quad is a bit smoother, and after using and testing a lot JB devices with RK3066, I have to say I do not need more.
I think I can wait till, for example, the first devices with a chinese cortex A15 chip will hit the market.
What I mean, I have to see if the RK3188 will be better as the exynos 4412.
Video playback is in general much better as on a RK3066 device, this applies to both, youtube app and in the browser.
Could be 1Gb for apps is also barely enough for you for apps, but all android devices, even the premium brands will tell you, you can not get it all.
On order, nothing, and am i am finished with Chinese cpu's, i prefer my exynos devices.
Favorites, in order of use, Samsung galaxy note 8 inch, Ramos W42, Ployer Momo11 quad exynos 4412.
Sold last months, PiPo U1, Teclast P85, PiPo S2, Teclast P85HD, Cube mini U30GT, Yuandao Vido N80IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero ii: very bad, Ployer Momo12, Onda V812, Yuandao Vido N80 RK3188, Teclast P88, Google Nexus 7-8Gb, PiPo M8pro RK3188, Chuwi V88 RK3188, Samsung galaxy tab 7.7, Ployer Momo8 IPS, Yuandao Window N70, BB playbook.
And: You know we all became mathematicians for the same reason: we were lazy.

#38 smudgy

smudgy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Memory Download Cache Max: 291MB/ Free: 259MB data Max: 0.96GB/ Free: 366MB External storage: mounted External storage Max: 12.91GB/ Free: 12.40GB External storage removable: false External storage emulated: false External SDCard Max: 3.68GB/ Free: 3.34GB Total RAM: 1.62GB Free RAM: 1.19GB Threshold RAM: 64.00MB

Video playback is in general much better as on a RK3066 device, this applies to both, youtube app and in the browser.
Could be 1Gb for apps is also barely enough for you for apps, but all android devices, even the premium brands will tell you, you can not get it all.

Thanks Janesh

Regarding values its not so easy as Device Info app (Sand) but I get this from your info

ROM = 1GB
RAM = 2GB
SDCard = 16GB ? and not 32 GB as advertised?

Am not sure if 3188 will be better than 4412 but larger ROM might be something to watch out for though not easy to discover from published specifications

:=/

Edited by smudgy, 28 February 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#39 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks Janesh

Regarding values its not so easy as Device Info app (Sand) but I get this from your info

ROM = 1GB
RAM = 2GB
SDCard = 16GB ? and not 32 GB as advertised?

Am not sure if 3188 will be better than 4412 but larger ROM might be something to watch out for though not easy to discover from published specifications

:=/

This from Roman regarding the 4412 vs. the 3188:
Actually the Exynos part has one major advantage (major in my opinion) over the Rockchip 3188 (and 3066).... Memory Write Speed is about double... and yes it is VERY important (based on what I have seen) if you want to avoid lag and annoying force-close issues. It really helps because if you have (like I do) an RK3066 (or even older chip) you will notice the tablets likes to come stutter when downloading/installing apps or downloading files. I am pretty sure that is the memory write speed as the bottleneck. If the 4412 fixes that, it would smooth out the overall experience.

All that being said, I love my RK3066 device. It is the happiest I have been with a China tab and I have had my main unit for going on 6 months now I think? I rarely get annoyed or feel "let down" by the performance which is something I never could have said about the previous generation A10 and RK2918 procs.

Edited by BamaPanda, 04 March 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#40 maxiglw

maxiglw

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Just a small update to say i have had only the "snooze" issue wit this tab - but a simple press of the reset brings it back awake again :)

Hope a firmware update would be forthcoming but nothing on the Ployer site that i can see for this unit, never mind a JB update :(

The sound is odd as on normal the speakers are a bit low but when using the MX Player it seems able to boost it to greater levels,as do some apps ?

Only thing which would be good is USB charging to offer more options.

But i have found that you can simply attach a USB memory device via the OTG cable and move files on and off this tab very quickly and easily - much to ipad owners amazement - so can carry a movie library on a stick and simply transfer over when i want to watch a "new" film