I mean this on flat surface:

I can confirm this. That sux.

#262 domenicocortez

domenicocortez

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

Root with Zhuodasi is a bad idea, cause some laggy problems and freeze.
It's better to root with Superoneclick for RK3066 (4.1.1. Jelly Bean)

https://www.dropbox....9oV4IMGsCs/Root

But some delay seems to be there after boot, zhuodashi or not, processor can't handle everything: many tablet with RK3066 do that.
Tweaks with Pimp my rom app optimize the boot and other things but I got freeze anyway ...

Edited by domenicocortez, 19 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#263 N1PhANtoM

N1PhANtoM

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

I dont have any freezes, after root i install root binary from superuser app from play store and uninstall Zhuodasi.
And how root can be reason of freezes?

Oh.... and i change my governor to performance...

Edited by N1PhANtoM, 19 February 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#264 drock

drock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

The tablet fell on the floor when it was charging and now it doesn't charge. The micro-usb looks ok and not snapped off but I have tried numerous cable and chargers and it is not responding to them. I am so pissed right now.

#265 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

The tablet fell on the floor when it was charging and now it doesn't charge. The micro-usb looks ok and not snapped off but I have tried numerous cable and chargers and it is not responding to them. I am so pissed right now.

Open the tab back and secure the battery to the board, good luck.

loved my P85/3066 but he had dead buttons fever, and practicly died after ~15 months
Got PIPO S2, will he live long?

#266 sman85

sman85

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Hi,
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me here. I have a Teclast P98 tablet and have been using it for the past few weeks, its an excellent tablet, build quality and design are great. The one problem I have with this tablet is that the date and time seem to change to random times when left on standby, I have tried using both the network time and trying to set it manually but after putting into standby a few times the date and time will randomly change. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

#267 tschertel

tschertel

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Hi,
I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me here. I have a Teclast P98 tablet and have been using it for the past few weeks, its an excellent tablet, build quality and design are great. The one problem I have with this tablet is that the date and time seem to change to random times when left on standby, I have tried using both the network time and trying to set it manually but after putting into standby a few times the date and time will randomly change. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Have you tried updating to latest firmware?

#268 sman85

sman85

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBirmingham

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Have you tried updating to latest firmware?

Yes, updated with the latest firmware from teclast website but still have the problem.

#269 drock

drock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Open the tab back and secure the battery to the board, good luck.

I took it apart. Battery leads are soldered on. Nothing looks out of place. Story of my life.

#270 Gourock47

Gourock47

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

I took it apart. Battery leads are soldered on. Nothing looks out of place. Story of my life.

Based on your description, it definitely sounds like a mechanical failure as opposed to an electronic one. Did you check that all of the ribbon connectors are properly secured? On my gPad, this was a problem. Just looking at the attached image, there are several ribbon connectors in the P88, one of those may be causing the problem.

Please let us know the outcome.

Good luck

#271 Gourock47

Gourock47

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Based on your description, it definitely sounds like a mechanical failure as opposed to an electronic one. Did you check that all of the ribbon connectors are properly secured? On my gPad, this was a problem. Just looking at the attached image, there are several ribbon connectors in the P88, one of those may be causing the problem.

Please let us know the outcome.

Good luck

I guess it would help if I attached the picture, sorry.

Attached File  X1_0294.jpg   136.54KB   49 downloads

#272 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

This battery indeed looks larger than what used in P85DC ,
Where the image from?

loved my P85/3066 but he had dead buttons fever, and practicly died after ~15 months

#273 drock

drock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I guess it would help if I attached the picture, sorry.

Attached File  X1_0294.jpg   136.54KB   49 downloads

Thanks for the pic. I have ripped it apart. Everything was still connected with the yellow tape. I tore it down to parts and reassembled it. Still nothing. Honestly, cannot blame teclast. (Good build quality with teardown) It was a 46" fall (i measured) with the charger hanging out onto a wooden floor. Still looks ok but doesnt charge. So, if any one breaks their screen, let me know. I probably will just buy a rk3188 when they come out in an 8". If anyone else have any ideas on a way to score a rk3066 board that would work in our setup. (less than $60) I would love to hear it.

#274 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

drock , As you took in a part already I would suggest to de-solder the batt for 15 minutes. Sometimes it makes miracles.
Also try to look for any faults on the PCB with a lupa

#275 drock

drock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

drock , As you took in a part already I would suggest to de-solder the batt for 15 minutes. Sometimes it makes miracles.
Also try to look for any faults on the PCB with a lupa

I will try this, thanks for the suggestion. The PCB looked to be in perfect condition. The micro usb port tab in the middle is connected and not bent. The port itself is still connected to the PCB. I will see if disconnecting the battery fixes the tab.

Just another example why drock cannot have nice shiny things. I am just glad it wasn't an expensive tablet.

#276 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Justed order a P88 Dual Core for a client. I am really excited to play with this device for a few days :). We might carry it in our store as it is apparently one of the best 8" units on the market. With the A31 performance being a bit of a disappointment and as of yet still a buggy mess, I don't foresee us getting the quad variant any time in the near future... long live the RK3066... :)

-Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 23 February 2013 - 11:13 AM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#277 Pigimakos

Pigimakos

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Guys quad version is out ?

#278 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Roman, I visit your page and I see you are a real android pro.
Can you give us a hint why we can't get any Bluetooth dongle to work with the tabs?
I do see the Bluetooth permission file in my tab ,but nothing work. Is this hardware ,software or Firmware thing?

Tnx

#279 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Roman, I visit your page and I see you are a real android pro.
Can you give us a hint why we can't get any Bluetooth dongle to work with the tabs?
I do see the Bluetooth permission file in my tab ,but nothing work. Is this hardware ,software or Firmware thing?

Tnx

While I appreciate your appeal to my ego :)... I was never able to get bluetooth usb dongles to work with the RK3066 "Orange MicroPC" device we almost carried either :(.

It is a firmware thing, specifically it is a driver thing. You need drivers compiled for that device and then they need to be added into the firmware. You can "insmod" (google it) them in after the fact if you have them but you have to do it every time the system boots (which can be done via a script but it is more of a duct-tape method imho).

Wish I could be of more help :(, but I was also stumped when attempting the same thing on another device. I don't get to "deep" into the firmware. Not yet at least.

Kind Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#280 asik1

asik1

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Tnx Roman for the insight
It's a pity that the Chinese saves a buck and not adding Bluetooth chip on their PCB's