34 replies to this topic

#1 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

FreeLander has been around in China Market for quite long time but they just don't have a superstar Tablet which can directly compete on other China MID brands. That changed today as Freelander took an advantage to release the very first China MID Tablet with a powerful Samsung Exynos 4412 Chipset which is a QuadCore Cortex A9 processor with QuadCore Mali400 graphics. This is a huge step-up for Freelander as they could lure away potential customers of Ramos W30 and W30HD Tablet which was first introduced last mid September.

The FreeLander PD80 Vogue like we mention above carries the Samsung flagship chipset Exynos 4412 1.5GHz QuadCore Cortex A9 with a powerful QuadCore Mali400 graphics and if you feel its still not quite amazing, here goes the 2GB DDR3 RAM and 16GB NAND Storage that will definitely going to provide awesome performance. And because it uses a very popular Chipset, users should be fine playing their favorite Heavy 3D Games without any performance or compatibility issues which Ainol and some China MID brands failed to offer.

You can grab this Tablet at an Online Store based in Shenzhen China for a very impressive price of US$269.99 including a world-wide free shipping. Now that's a real competition to Google's Nexus 7 Tablet 32GB variant.

Posted Image
The FreeLander PD80 Vogue is a 9.7" Tablet with IPS Technology which gives the Tablet a very wide viewing angles and vivid, bright, color rich images, the screen resolution is identical to Apple iPad 2 which is 1024x768px (4:3) except it doesn't have Gorilla Glass screen. Instead, FreeLander put a Scratch Resist ordinary Glass Screen which should be fine protecting the screen for everyday use but not in a hostile environment (ex. Accidental Drop). It has a 0.3MP Front Facing Camera which is going to be fine for video calls.

Posted Image
Complete availability of Tablet Interface is also found in FreeLander PD80 Vogue. Users can enjoy watching, sharing their favorite movies into a larger TV Screen with its mini-HDMI port. It also comes with a micro-USB port with host function, an expansion slot for a larger external micro-SDCard storage that could probably support upto 64GB of micro-SDCard. You can also plug a standard size Earphone/Headphone on it 3.5mm Audio port and charge the device faster using a standard Wall Charger instead of USB-Charging. All ports were place on same location together with the main Power Button.

Posted Image
The Back Shell uses a combination of Aluminium material with Plastic on the Bottom and is great to prevent any WiFi connectivity issues which is common to China MID Tablets with full Metal back shell. The back shell is very simple and doesn't have any good looking design. Although it lack any eye candy, its still elegant enough to carry it outside your house. The 5.0MP Rear Facing camera is placed at very awkward location, maybe FreeLander is expecting their users to flip the Tablet when capturing photos or videos. Anyway, it shouldn't be a burden to users. On the right-side of the back, you can see stereo speaker which is hopefully to produce good quality sound.

Posted Image
Now, this is the very interesting part. FreeLander didn't just made a QuadCore Tablet with identical screen to iPad 2, they've also made the thinnest 9.7" China MID Tablet with its 7.9mm dimensions. With this thickness, its almost impossible to put a huge 6000mAh 3.7V Battery but FreeLander just did it. The Tablet is expected to work for 7 hours continuously which we hope is not just a hype. It'll be surely great to see it performing on-par to expensive brands. I can't wait to see a performance and battery life comparison of this Tablet to other great but expensive branded Tabs out there.

I still couldn't point out a single CONS to this device. Probably the lack of Gorilla Glass but for its price, I don't expect any special feature on it like having a scratch proof screen or maybe by not having the latest Android JellyBean 4.1 OS. FreeLander is really good on this one and will definitely turn the table on their side. Kudos to them. This FreeLander PD80 Vogue is definitely a Bang 4 Buck 9.7" Tablet.

Thanks for reading...

Edited by ivanz, 16 November 2012 - 06:51 AM.

• eran likes this

#2 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hi ivanz,

Looks great. PandaWill just put out this video...

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#3 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Pretty good price on in4dealz too...

http://www.in4dealz....GB-HDMI-600430/

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#4 smileypete

smileypete

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Looks good!

Noticed that it looks a lot like the forthcoming Momo11 Quad:

http://tabkul.com/?p=6905

Also funnily enough the RK3066 PD80 looks a lot like the Momo 11 Second Edition.

Still they could have different hardware that stops them being rom compatible.

Edited by smileypete, 13 November 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#5 pseudox

pseudox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:18 AM

I noticed that the battery size in the write up in the OP said that the battery is 8000mah and the pandawill site where its being sold says its 6000mah.

Once a decent review and maybe a custom rom comes out for this I may sell my Yuandao N101 and buy this

Edited by pseudox, 14 November 2012 - 01:32 AM.

#6 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I noticed that the battery size in the write up in the OP said that the battery is 8000mah and the pandawill site where its being sold says its 6000mah.

Once a decent review and maybe a custom rom comes out for this I may sell my Yuandao N101 and buy this

yep.. its only 6000mAh... my bad... =D

#7 EdJr

EdJr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Wow, it seems to be one of the most buyable tablets for me.
However, I found an issue besides the battery, but I'm not sure about it being bad: Anyone else noticed that the official site - please correct me if this isn't the official site, I saw it somewhere - says the data format is FAT32? As I said, I'm not sure if it's really a problem, but I guess they could have chosen NTFS, exFAT....
  • msmerlinsmagic likes this

#8 pseudox

pseudox

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

There seems to be a few tablets that all look the same as this one and have the exact same specs. I just saw another called "quadlet".I guess the advantage is that if these tablets take off, Theyll be more demand for a custom rom.

#9 weareone

weareone

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

Looks like "PD80 Vogue" is one of the best tablet available for inexpensive price of $269 on various websites

Quad Core ,16GB Storage, 2 GB RAM, 5MP Camera , IPS Display , mini-HDMI , micro-USB , microSD slot .
Only problem is 1024x768 Display resolution .
By looking at the images (attached) , I think it has two speakers but am not 100% sure . Would love to see the review of this tablet .

Attached Files

Edited by weareone, 29 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.

#10 Marc Strand

Marc Strand

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I'm a complete newbie to this forum, and pretty much a newbie to tablets as well. I'm in the process of buying an Android tablet from a Chinese website and I find myself wondering if it makes more sense to look at the Freelander PD80 (or similar) or maybe go for the higher priced Freelander PD80 Vogue. Compared to a 1st gen iPad, the PD80 seems perfectly adequate, and I've used the 1st gen iPad, so I have some idea of what it can do. But coming from the PC world, where a faster processor with more cores + more RAM generally equals a faster/better experience (although at the cost of higher power consumption in a netbook), I'm wondering if I really need the extra horsepower or not. I get the impression that tablets do not generally get upgraded with newer versions of Android, so I probably don't need a more powerful tablet to handle future OS upgrades like I would for Windows.

Anybody got any advice they'd like to lay on me? And while I'm at it, is Freelander a decent brand of tablet? Thanks.

#11 rudi1986

rudi1986

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Any user review?

#12 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

Just received this tablet and I'm disappointed. The screen isnt that great. I have the brightness turned all the way up and it just ok. Poor saturation and colours are flat. Sound is OK. It's fast as it's quad core, but i dont think it's worth sacrificing screen quality for this. Also, the front camera sucks. Back camera is decent. I have a Aoson M11 and it a better screen and better sound. I usually have the brightness set at 50% on the M11 for reading at night. The PD80 vogue was set to 100% and the M11 still seemed brighter. The software sucks. Nothing special was added or tweaked and it come only with ICS, not Jelly bean. And touch screen sensitivity isnt the greatest. I have trouble closing tabs in chrome browser by clicking the small "x". I also order a Pipo M8 and it warrive at the same time. Awesome tablet. Great screen! and sound is really good. I think the Pipo M8 is a better buy. Comes with Jellybean and looks like Pipo tweaked the tablet because it seem faster than my M11 even though they both have the same chip (rk3066). Also, they customized the UI a bit an added some extra features which is nice. Pipo M8 is great! PD80 vogue sucks.
  • msmerlinsmagic likes this

#13 gerstavros

gerstavros

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Just received this tablet and I'm disappointed. The screen isnt that great. I have the brightness turned all the way up and it just ok. Poor saturation and colours are flat. Sound is OK. It's fast as it's quad core, but i dont think it's worth sacrificing screen quality for this. Also, the front camera sucks. Back camera is decent. I have a Aoson M11 and it a better screen and better sound. I usually have the brightness set at 50% on the M11 for reading at night. The PD80 vogue was set to 100% and the M11 still seemed brighter. The software sucks. Nothing special was added or tweaked and it come only with ICS, not Jelly bean. And touch screen sensitivity isnt the greatest. I have trouble closing tabs in chrome browser by clicking the small "x". I also order a Pipo M8 and it warrive at the same time. Awesome tablet. Great screen! and sound is really good. I think the Pipo M8 is a better buy. Comes with Jellybean and looks like Pipo tweaked the tablet because it seem faster than my M11 even though they both have the same chip (rk3066). Also, they customized the UI a bit an added some extra features which is nice. Pipo M8 is great! PD80 vogue sucks.

So bad screen? :unsure:
Anyway, did u tried to root it?

#14 withoutme

withoutme

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm not at all agree. I've received today after having the pipo m2 and I'm delighted.

#15 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm not at all agree. I've received today after having the pipo m2 and I'm delighted.

so how's your Vogue compared to M2?

Screen, WiFi, Sound, and OS snappiness?

#16 scarytas

scarytas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationTasmania, Australia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yep, mine arrived today. Hugely dissappointed with screen brightness. Almost like it is stuck on 50%. The difference between 50% - 100% is not noticable especially if you sit it beside a ipad and a tf300. Sad, sad,sad. Time to look for yet another tab....

I wish I knew what I was doing

#17 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

more on PD80 Vogue screen. There are horizontal banding issues with the screen. most visible when on a grey background (settings menu). Also, variation in colours on grey tabs when in we browser. I also have spots on the screen which are visible on a white background when browsing. Also, the qualityof screen doesn seem very good. when using the bubbles of phasebeam live wallpaper the image shows lines in the image...i think its just how the screen renders the colours etc. I have NEVER see this on ANY tablets with an IPS screen... i think it's a VERY cheap screen they used. I will attach pictures.

#18 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

more on PD80 Vogue screen. There are horizontal banding issues with the screen. most visible when on a grey background (settings menu). Also, variation in colours on grey tabs when in we browser. I also have spots on the screen which are visible on a white background when browsing. Also, the qualityof screen doesn seem very good. when using the bubbles of phasebeam live wallpaper the image shows lines in the image...i think its just how the screen renders the colours etc. I have NEVER see this on ANY tablets with an IPS screen... i think it's a VERY cheap screen they used. I will attach pictures.

Attached Files

#19 Nerdy Canuk

Nerdy Canuk

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hi, where did you buy your tablet from? Which store/website. thx!

#20 withoutme

withoutme

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

so how's your Vogue compared to M2?

Screen, WiFi, Sound, and OS snappiness?

The screen is the same, i think the problem of banding isn't a problem, I think this made ​​so purposely. the sound works better in pipo m2

I'm spanish and i don't understand who is 'snappiness'...

Hi, where did you buy your tablet from? Which store/website. thx!

In spanish website to have 2 years warranty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users