• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Pook

Pook

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:24 AM

Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.[Force close]This dialogue has appeared and I can't get rid of it, any ideas?

#2 Pook

Pook

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 03:33 AM

I sledgehammered it and reloaded 1.7.4 - seems okay now but it would be nice to find out what caused the problem and how to fix it.

#3 wickedimp

wickedimp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:11 PM

how did you reload the 1.7.4 on it anytime I try to flash it nothing happens??can anyone tell me if Im doing something wrong Im putting the script folder on an empty sd card putting it in the M003 and starting it..no change ive tried a few fimwares and no difference,has anyone had this trouble and if so...HELP!!!all and any ideas welcome..

#4 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:20 PM

First make sure your using a small SD card upto 4gb's and have it formatted to FAT32.Other than that you just put the script folder on the card (dont do anything to the script folder's contents).

#5 ksm

ksm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

[quote name='Pook;36765]Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.[Force close]This dialogue has appeared and I can't get rid of it' date=' any ideas?[/QUOTE'] There's a simple solution to this problem. On Eken after installing firmware 1.9 I get this error prompt every time I remove an application and reset. android.process.acore is simply the home screen application, you need to use another instead. I've installed Home++ and it works flawlessly.

#6 deathwing164

deathwing164

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

i'm having that issue too...im just wondering ho your supposed to install it on there...because when im having that issue it wont let me open or do anything....it jsut keeps popping up..how do i install the home++?

#7 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:47 PM

If you know how to add apks into your ROM thats the easiest way to do, you then reflash and it gives you the choice of what home app you use.If not download a ROM with a different home app preinstalled and you do the same.

#8 deathwing164

deathwing164

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:14 PM

yea, im unsure how to add them.. i actually just got it today and it was having the issue :/and im trying to add the Home++ or the ECOTOX things...they seem to be the best and work the best...but im not having much luck with the downloading thembut what do you mean reflash it?

#9 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

It means how you change the firmware.

#10 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

So Im guessing now that new units are coming preinstalled with SDK 1.9.0 on them, is this correct ?When you turn it on does it say SDK 1.9.0 ?

#11 carpenter940

carpenter940

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Mine had SDK 1.9.0 preinstalled.

#12 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:04 AM

Mine had SDK 1.9.0 preinstalled.

I look at the Eken homepage and found the only firmware to download is now 1.9.0, I feel this isnt a good move with its problems.The whole reason I started to dev with SDK 1.9.0 in the first place was to fix the problems with the base firmware.

#13 deathwing164

deathwing164

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:34 AM

i cant find a place to download either of them, the home++ or the ECOTOX

#14 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

Home++ is an app and so your need to either look for a download or get it via Market etc.Ecotox FW is available in either the download section but its best to look at his thread for the latest version IIRC 1.3.11

#15 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

Right heres some links,Ecotox FW - the latest is 1.3.11 MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery serviceHome++ apk Home++_0.8.0.9.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

#16 deathwing164

deathwing164

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

Thanks again! i found the ecotox one before a couple days ago, and then un-zipped and all then put on the tablet, but when i turned it back on, it didnt make a difference :/is it possible the unpacker thing i used? i think i used winRAR or win zip, or what ever that one is called....but i mean it isnt changed yet :(its still giving me the message, but its doing the beep thing again tho after it say android.

#17 deathwing164

deathwing164

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

the "Home_0809.apk" what do i do? just put it onto the andriod and restart? or what?thanks again

#18 andres17

andres17

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.[Force close]i have the sam probelembut when i try to upload Home++ or any other update after swiching on the device there is no updating - the device goes directly to menu-can anyone help me?

#19 XaQi

XaQi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

deathwing164 : You have to install the ROM, there a guide on Flash ROM - Wikiactually as there all recommended you have to extract the compressed filewith 7zip(7-Zip), and also 1-2 gb empty sdcard alsorecommended some sdhc may not work. And make sure it was fat32 formatted.After extract put the script folder onto the sd card and boot with it, I mean turn it off and insert the sdcard and turn it on. It should update or install the ROM.For the "Home_0809.apk", you have to install it and restart. Just double tap the.apk file where you put it.andres17 : you may have to install the other version of ROM try with lower version first like 1.7.4 or ecotox 1.1.1 ROM.

#20 andres17

andres17

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:05 PM

thank you for helping...i have done just like you said (i used 7zip to unzip, i took 1gb sd card and formatted on fat32, than put script folder on it and boot it) and still doesn´t want to instal the ROM or any other (and i tried all posible versions)any other ideas what could be wrong?