N70S no IPS screen

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jenko

Jenko

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Hi, I got my new N70S a few days ago and I am very disapointer with the screen. Please could someone with a normal dual core N70 compare it to the video and pictures. Box no longer says IPS, its just say TFT. Also seems like poor quality control as there is a stuck pixel right in the middle of the screen.
When i tried to tell the seller the screen isnt IPS like he said it was i got this back

Hello,my friend.Always it is common that there is one "stuck/dead pixel" as your picture.In China,it is called "light spot".If it is over 2 spots,it is not common.We hope you can undertand this.Pipo M1 is more expensive than N70 S.So there must be different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Bin4UIWuk
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

from what i have read the screen isn't all too bad. probably similar to the PIPO S1 screen. there are apps in the play store that could fix that dead pixel but which has to be ran for a few hours. how bad is the screen bleed when looking from under the screen? sides left-to-right should be ok and while viewing above the screen should be ok too but looking under the screen bleeding will most of the type occur on these Tablets that are less then $100

#3 gashinshotan

gashinshotan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

Looks like a stuck pixel but yeah n70s has a ft vs IPS on regular n70

#4 gashinshotan

gashinshotan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

But u can try unsticking it with a stuck pixel program - I had a stuck pixel and it did work a bit

#5 Jenko

Jenko

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

Ye I tried the usual stuck pixle apps the day it arrived, ran it for 2-3 hours the first few times then left it running for almost 12 hours and it didnt make a difference :( . The seller has now offered me a $10 discount on my next order because he agrees that the specs he posted were wrong but dont want to order anything from him again and wouldnt have ordered the N70S in the first place if his specs were correct.

#6 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

Stuck or dead pixels happen with Chinese made displays. Even on U30GT people were getting dead or stuck pixels. My tablet came with 1 too. Some had 2. I even heard of 3 or 4 for a few tablet owners. Also, same happened on N101. Even for M2 & M3 I hear similar thing happening for those too. For some reason the Chinese companies are having trouble making every display perfect (ie. no dead or stuck pixels). Not sure on the # but maybe 70% are perfect?

3 or more is bad. 2 is OK. 1 is good. 0 is great. Also depends where they are located. Much worse having it in the center than off to the side.

The seller telling you IPS display was misleading you. Display is either MVA or TN and not IPS from picture you provided.

Cube first came out with U30GT with IPS and later switched to MVA but they never changed the tablet name. So, at some point people were getting U30GTs with MVA who believed they were ordering IPS versions. Happened around Aug/Sept.

It is not right when seller tells you IPS and then sells you tablet with TN/MVA display instead! But what can you really do? You can rate them low, talk to them about returning for refund (lose out on the shipping costs), sell it, use it or gift it.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#7 vantusaonho

vantusaonho

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

Yeah, I agree with Jenko, N70S no have IPS screen, I compared them, N70S is worst than N70

#8 supahsain

supahsain

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

hello guys what is the difference between n70 and n70s. I want the one with ips display. There are some many different variations. So hard to find in aliexpress

#9 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

hello guys what is the difference between n70 and n70s. I want the one with ips display. There are some many different variations. So hard to find in aliexpress

it is not difficult to find it if you know what you are doing and where to look
usually you will see a S on the description and on the back of the tablet from the pictures
also S versions are at price around 100$
the IPS versions are above 120$

i have ordered mine from here click me
basically it is the cheapest N70 with Ips screen for 120$

i am still waiting for the tablet to arrive

Edited by mite_jan, 22 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#10 Nickos-V

Nickos-V

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

N70S = NOT IPS
N70 = 1024x600 IPS
N70HD = 1280x800 IPS

For IPS, make sure to buy N70 or N70HD and not N70S.

*MINIX NEO X5 (RK3066) - OK. Not fun because uses mouse cursor.
*YUANDAO N80 DUAL (RK3066) - Very good
*CUBE U30GT (RK3066)- Defective; buttons broke in 2-3 weeks; Bad quality control!!! I will never buy a Cube again!!! - Very good while working
*WOPAD I7 (RK2918)- About OK. Sluggish because has weaker ARM chip (RK2918) & less RAM (512 MB).

#11 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

btw is N70 S firmware working on N70 (ZZ) revision? (i've read somewhere that it can work although not sure how becouse screens are different?)

the reason i am asking this is becouse i see that N70 S has newer firmware than the N70 (ZZ)
in case i get the ZZ revision to know what to do

#12 supahsain

supahsain

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Thanks mite_ja and Nickos-V. Really appreciate it.

#13 WAI

WAI

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

btw is N70 S firmware working on N70 (ZZ) revision? (i've read somewhere that it can work although not sure how becouse screens are different?)

the reason i am asking this is becouse i see that N70 S has newer firmware than the N70 (ZZ)
in case i get the ZZ revision to know what to do

yes that's correct. a member here i think installed N70S Firmware on his N70 ZZ Model and he said it worked fine.

#14 justme88

justme88

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Is it possible to rum the n70 roms on the n70s?

#15 liegyver

liegyver

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

I see the new N70S is a Vido N70S and have 8gig of storage.The screen is G+G. Anyone know what that means?

#16 T3beatz

T3beatz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I ordered 2 of the N70S tablets for a friend (Christmas gift for his boys 9 and 16). He doesn't know much about android tablets (he owns a Ipad 3) but he wanted to get his boys something that would be good enough to run the latest games and programs but not break the bank. Well, I found the N70S tablets on aliexpress for $189.00 shipped via UPS express, they came within 6 days (bought them 2 days before Christmas). They where branded Vido N70S, just a name change from Yaundao I guess, the screens were not bad but certainly not as good as my N70 with the IPS screen, they look a bit more washed out, but good enough for kids.

He was gonna get them one of the US branded tablets with the old single core A10 (Zeki or Polaroid, or something like that, that sucked!!) and he was gonna pay more!!!

For the money the N70S tablets are great, they run all the 3d games and or less than 100 bucks shipped! I also like how they changed the I/O layout over the regular N70, the flap gets on my nerves sometimes.

I used Feriross script to root, remove Chinese apps, and change the battery Icon, took all of 5 mins per tablet and they were good to go.

G+G screen looks to be the same as the TFT screens visually... don't know how they work or if they are the same thing with a new name.

Edited by T3beatz, 13 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.