Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:21 AM
I have received an Ainol Hero 10 so here are my initial impressions.
I have owned quite a few RK3066 tablets before and a Nexus 7 but this is the first Amlogic tablet I have used.
I ran a couple of benchmarks; Antutu 7858 and Sunspider 1273ms. Quite respectable and close to RK3066 results despite this being early firmware.
It has a nice IPS display with good viewing angles although not quite as bright as some I have seen.
I was very impressed by the speakers! They gave a loud and full sound with even a hint of bass in there.
It's quite a weighty tablet but it does creak/flex a bit if you squeeze it with your hands. This didn't seem to cause any problems though.
The firmware is still quite an early version so for instance there is no G sensor support (games like Temple Run don't work).
Fluidity of the desktop is also not quite there yet so scrolling from screen to screen is not as smooth as I have seen on more mature tablets.
Hopefully this will improve with newer firmware revisions.
- Speakers/sound - excellent! Probably the best sounding Chinese tablet I have heard.
- Good IPS display (not quite as bright as some I have seen but very good nonetheless)
- WiFi seems ok (-62dbm in my upstairs office, -44dbm in same room as router), 65Mbps connection speed
- Still very new so hard to find any clear information for the Hero 10 such as how to root/upgrade firmware.
- Firmware is still in need of update so for example the g sensor does not work (games like Temple Run do not work).
This post has been edited by Tablet_Collector: 22 November 2012 - 05:23 AM
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2