280 replies to this topic

#41 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

I doubt that.
If you look at the whois information of the domain names, ainol-novo.com has no ties to ainol.com other than the fact that both are located in Shenzhen. Take a look at ainovo.com for an example of a domain that clearly belongs to Ainol.

Furthermore, ainol-novo.com has a link to cube-stores.com on their pages. Why would they do that if they were Ainol? Finally, somebody listed them as bad vendor on Pat's wiki ("Slow response from Customer Service").

I think that ainol-novo.com is just a Chinese dealer that happens to have grabbed that official sounding name, and now they're pretending to be Ainol. Maybe they have a "license" from Ainol, but that doesn't mean they are the same company.

So the official Ainol web site doesn't sell anything?
Could you please advice a good online shop that is suitable to delivery Ainol to Australia?

#42 f_lag23

f_lag23

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Do you guys know if there any custom ROMs for this tablet? Is anyone working on one(Soulflier, Christian Troy, Tragidy, Feiyu, etc.)?

#43 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

There's no official webshop by Ainol, as far as I know. They do sell tablets, of course. But only to resellers. They don't sell individual tablets to end users, I think.

Could you please advice a good online shop that is suitable to delivery Ainol to Australia?

I can't help you there, but maybe somebody else can.

#44 lscolman

lscolman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Hi,
I've had two tablets from iPad alternative.com and two from hongkongeek.com.

Both companies shipped to me in the UK using DHL, and took 2-3 days.

I would recommend both companies.

Cheers, Lee

#45 acestyadinata

acestyadinata

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

I bought 2 Ainol Novo10 Hero from http://www.ainol-novo.com.
This is an official online store of Ainol ( I think).
So far the services is quite good and responsive.
They shipped by DHL and keep you up-to-date info of the shipment. Very professional.
I plan to buy upcoming Captain with 3G version from them too.
Hope this can help.
Ace.

#46 william1a1000

william1a1000

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

A reliable seller of Ainol Novo tablets is www.TabletSprint.com - I've bought several new tablets from them - including the Novo 10 Hero that become available last week - and got it quick - Great New Model!

#47 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Hi,
I've had two tablets from iPad alternative.com and two from hongkongeek.com.
Both companies shipped to me in the UK using DHL, and took 2-3 days.
I would recommend both companies.
Cheers, Lee

I don't like ipadalternative return policy.
Hongkongeek looks "much" better, they reimburse return shipping fees and give it back as shop credit, much better than losing $30-40 in shipping fees for something defective.
Ummm is it time to buy?? B)

I bought 2 Ainol Novo10 Hero from http://www.ainol-novo.com.
This is an official online store of Ainol ( I think).
Hope this can help.
Ace.

I think they're not official Ainol (as others stated above) maybe they got connection with Ainol who know, but I was not able to understand their return policy!

#48 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:56 AM

A reliable seller of Ainol Novo tablets is www.TabletSprint.com - I've bought several new tablets from them - including the Novo 10 Hero that become available last week - and got it quick - Great New Model!

Shipping from US to AU will add more weight on the final badged, mind you I started with a badged of $150 :D

Edited by tablino, 19 November 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#49 Mr.LOVE

Mr.LOVE

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

looks like a fake website Beware of it guys

#50 la7dfa

la7dfa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

I have just ordered the Novo Hero from Buyincoins for 180$ (10% off). Hope there will be CM available from CT later :good:

#51 kovacspityu2

kovacspityu2

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

I have just ordered the Novo Hero from Buyincoins for 180$ (10% off). Hope there will be CM available from CT later :good:

I've ordered too this tablet. This is my first android tablet. Cubeu30gt and Windows Yuandao n101 is out of stock almost everywhere.
I hope this tablet will be a good choice for this price?!?!

#52 sayem

sayem

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Can anyone guide me which one to buy
Ainol novo 10 hero
or
Ployer momo 11 speed??
Since ainol novo 10 hero is newly release it dont have any firmware development section..
Sry for my bad english...
:unsure:

#53 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:55 AM

Can anyone guide me which one to buy
Ainol novo 10 hero
or
Ployer momo 11 speed??
Since ainol novo 10 hero is newly release it dont have any firmware development section..
Sry for my bad english...
:unsure:

I did an extensive research, I was looking at Pipo series, then Window N101, then Zenithink and final I decided to go for the Ainol Novo Hero 10.
Some reviews and feedback suggest that this tablet performs well "out of the box" and believe me I loved so much the Pipo or N101 for their front speakers and overall performances BUT I hate to buy something brand new then I have to troubleshoot it.
Regarding the firmware, I believe late on something happens and also the tablet already performs well.
I bought it from SPEmall fast courier 3-5 days delivery to Australia only $17 more I think, I advice you talk to a representative before committing to buy (this norm is valid for any online purchase), write down your questions and ask even for a free gift :)
The Ainol Novo Hero price is very competitive now because there are 2 new more expensive models out which are practically the same exceptions for screen resolution, 3G (I think) and quad core, but who cares??

#54 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Can you tell me whether it support micro,mini or standard hdmi output??
Thanks.... :drinks:

Micro card they call it "TF" it's just the same card and so: 1 x TF card port; 1 x DC-IN port; 1 x MINI USB 3.0 port(OTG); 1 x MINI HDMI port; 1 x 3.5mm earphone port.

#55 Pierr0t

Pierr0t

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hello I have the ainol hero i bought this tablette on hongkongeek i received on six day

it's a good machine but i have problem whith a gameloft game i cant play to nova or need for speed most wanted why???? after install i launch game and i have a message with incompatibility

could you help me or its same for you ???

#56 xer0backlash

xer0backlash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

I recommend this E BAY seller: rapidly-pass*sky

I ordered a Novo7 Fire from them. I haven't received it yet because Ainol haven't made a new batch due to the great IPS screen shortage of 2012, but 'rapidly-pass*sky's' 100% positive feedback rating is justified. I've found their reliability and communication to be excellent.

#57 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I recommend this E BAY seller: rapidly-pass*sky

I ordered a Novo7 Fire from them. I haven't received it yet because Ainol haven't made a new batch due to the great IPS screen shortage of 2012, but 'rapidly-pass*sky's' 100% positive feedback rating is justified. I've found their reliability and communication to be excellent.

Thanks I just ordered it from SPEmall express delivery and hope to get it before weekend :yahoo:
It was in stock they got English version too and their representative was very professional and polite, hopefully everything will be fine fingers crossed :p
Will report back with my impressions!

#58 kethan

kethan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

Is there any screen flickering problem?

My blog : http://chinagizmos.blogspot.in/

#59 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:21 AM

I have received an Ainol Hero 10 so here are my initial impressions.
I have owned quite a few RK3066 tablets before and a Nexus 7 but this is the first Amlogic tablet I have used.

I ran a couple of benchmarks; Antutu 7858 and Sunspider 1273ms. Quite respectable and close to RK3066 results despite this being early firmware.

It has a nice IPS display with good viewing angles although not quite as bright as some I have seen.
I was very impressed by the speakers! They gave a loud and full sound with even a hint of bass in there.
It's quite a weighty tablet but it does creak/flex a bit if you squeeze it with your hands. This didn't seem to cause any problems though.

The firmware is still quite an early version so for instance there is no G sensor support (games like Temple Run don't work).
Fluidity of the desktop is also not quite there yet so scrolling from screen to screen is not as smooth as I have seen on more mature tablets.
Hopefully this will improve with newer firmware revisions.

Pros:
- Speakers/sound - excellent! Probably the best sounding Chinese tablet I have heard.
- Good IPS display (not quite as bright as some I have seen but very good nonetheless)
- WiFi seems ok (-62dbm in my upstairs office, -44dbm in same room as router), 65Mbps connection speed

Cons:
- Still very new so hard to find any clear information for the Hero 10 such as how to root/upgrade firmware.
- Firmware is still in need of update so for example the g sensor does not work (games like Temple Run do not work).

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 22 November 2012 - 05:23 AM.

• sayem, tuvok, tablino and 1 other like this
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#60 tuvok

tuvok

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I have received an Ainol Hero 10 so here are my initial impressions.
I have owned quite a few RK3066 tablets before and a Nexus 7 but this is the first Amlogic tablet I have used.

I ran a couple of benchmarks; Antutu 7858 and Sunspider 1273ms. Quite respectable and close to RK3066 results despite this being early firmware.

It has a nice IPS display with good viewing angles although not quite as bright as some I have seen.

Glad to hear, expecially the wifi part but there is a thing that i don't get. Rockchip has quad mali, amlogic "only" dual, still benchmarks is quite the same so the quad gpu of the rockchip is not a so great advantage isn't it?

between the pipo M3 and ainol Hero which you prefer?
thanks