Battery showing 100% fix for G9T, G9TM, G6

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CQTobias

CQTobias

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:35 AM

This is a fix to G9T, G9TM and G6 being stuck showing 100% battery level until it is almost finished. To apply the fix the device must be rooted and installation from "Unknown sources" must be allowed in the security menu (to install an apk file from outside Google Play).
The firmware version should be as follows: G9T version 2.33, G6 2.34, G9TM 2.34. Works well on G9T version 2.31 though!

Workflow:
1. Download the file Attached File  fix100.zip   13.94KB   397 downloads
2. Unzip the file and put fix100.apk on your SD-card
3. Use up almost all of the battery
4. run the fix100.apk, click the first button (1st page), click the left-most button (2nd page).
5. Charge the device.
6. Should be fixed by now!

The solution was found on Gemei's own forum: http://bbs.gemeitech...36&extra=page=1 (requires registration). All in Chinese.

Good luck,
Tobias Gustafsson, Your Swedish friend in Chongqing, China :)

Edited by CQTobias, 06 November 2012 - 07:43 AM.

#2 LanZone

LanZone

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Been trying for days to download this from Gemei, but had no luck, since their English site simply doesnt work, and the Chinees one, once translated, is utter giberish, and after 30 failed attempts to register the "Rejected: enter answer of answer for questioning security" drove me mad so I gave up.

Thanks for the direct link.

Your Instructions made me laugh, "3. Use up almost all of the battery", I was just about shouting at the screen "HOW do we know when that battery is almost used up, the battery meter doesn't work, thats the problem!"
So I have decided to run it flat tonight, then charge for about 5 minutes, and THEN will try running the fix, as this should mean the battery is almost flat.

Wish me luck. I will report back on how it went.

Thanks

Terry @ LanZone

#3 CQTobias

CQTobias

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Hi Terry,

You (almost) got a great point there... :) However my tablet was showing 100% until a sudden drop to some 5% or similar. I took that as almost used up. I should mention that the instructions are based on qualified guessing of the content from Gemei's website, some basic Chinese knowledge + Google Translate... how could it possibly go wrong ;) A lot probably, but it worked for me :)

Good luck!

#4 LanZone

LanZone

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

Mine would show 100% until it simply went CLICK and cut out, and would show 99% when plugged in charging

Went home, sat playing with it for a couple of hours till it shut down, put it on charge for 5 minutes, then switched it back on ran the fix100.
It did a reboot or two, not quite sure, then came back on saying 0% and charging, 5 minutes later it was 3% and charging, by morning it was 100% charged.
Today, I have used it a few times and it is showing the charge level dropping, so I think it's pretty safe to say .... IT WORKED, YAY!

Thanks for your help CQ, couldn't have gotten there without you.

Now just to try to get to the bottom of the whole 1.5ghz Vs 1.2ghz CPU specs on the G9Tm...... The post is over here if your interested.

Terry @ LanZone

Edited by LanZone, 20 December 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#5 Mozzz

Mozzz

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Thanks Tobias,

successfully used your description to fix the annoying 100% issue which occured after updating my G9T to 4.0.4. Since mine also all of a sudden would just go out with a click, right after that I plugged in the charger and then immediately ran the fix. Worked out perfectly.

Thanks alot!

Mozzz

#6 Peter Ford

Peter Ford

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

Have the same issue with mine, sounds easy to do try it and will post how i went.

#7 JorgeTuga

JorgeTuga

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thank you, CQTobias! Problem solved! It would be nice if someone could translate the program, becouse it's strange hiting buttons you don't know what they mean.

But, and most important of all, I just did like you said and it's a solved problem!

Once again, thank you!

#8 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hi, everybody! I've got a new GeMei K8 - Amlogic Cortex A9 dual Core, 1,5 GHz, 1Gb, 8". Since updating to firmware K8_V2.50.014 I have the same problem with battery status. How do you think, can I use the fix100 to fix it?

#9 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Sorry, forgot - Android 4.0.4

#10 AnotherOne

AnotherOne

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Lack my patience and tried it. It works perfectly :yahoo: . I don't see any pages, but during opening the installed fix100 see a 3-points message in Chinese. Hit the button (suspected "OK")and then in choice window hit the left-bottom button (suspected "yes"). Battery status became 0% and the next 15 minutes was the same. I was afraid of having eternally 0% instead of 100% - who knows what's better, but after another 5 minutes see the status changing. F-o-o-oh!
I think it will work on all the Gemei latest models, it's GeMei firm patch. Thanks, Tobias and our China friends! :drinks:

#11 lop3rano73

lop3rano73

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

This is a fix to G9T, G9TM and G6 being stuck showing 100% battery level until it is almost finished. To apply the fix the device must be rooted and installation from "Unknown sources" must be allowed in the security menu (to install an apk file from outside Google Play).
The firmware version should be as follows: G9T version 2.33, G6 2.34, G9TM 2.34. Works well on G9T version 2.31 though!

Workflow:
1. Download the file Attached File  fix100.zip   13.94KB   397 downloads
2. Unzip the file and put fix100.apk on your SD-card
3. Use up almost all of the battery
4. run the fix100.apk, click the first button (1st page), click the left-most button (2nd page).
5. Charge the device.
6. Should be fixed by now!

The solution was found on Gemei's own forum: http://bbs.gemeitech.....&extra=page=1 (requires registration). All in Chinese.

Good luck,
Tobias Gustafsson, Your Swedish friend in Chongqing, China :)

PERFECTO,problema solucionado,tenía elindicador dela bateria de mi g9t siempre a 100% y cargando al 99% con esta aplicación se ha reseteado la batería y esta cargando desde 0% Gracias porel aporte

Edit by omarahum: Please include an English translation when posting in the forums. Thank you.
Google Translation:
PERFECT, problem solved, had elindicador G9T dela my battery always charged to 100% and 99% with this application has reset the battery is charging from 0% Thanks Porel contribution

#12 LanZone

LanZone

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Something I should probably point out now, that a little time has passed.

This doesn't seem to be a PERMANENT FIX, just a short term one.
After a couple of weeks, my G6 and G9 both started doing the same thing again, a few days apart.

It started out just being 'a bit inacurate' saying it still had 23% left when it cut out, then 45% next time, then 8?% followed by staying on 100% the whole time.
I ran the fix again just like the first time, and presto, it was back to reading acurate.

But a few weeks down the track it 'drifted' out of calibration again.

All up, I have had to FIX100 it about 6 or 7 times. I have ended up passing the G6 and G9 on to my two boys (8yo and 10yo) and have needed to do it again just after handing them down.

So this is something you are probably going to need to do for the term of the tablets natural life unless Gemei decide to FIX it once and for all.

P.s. I now run a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and absolutly love it, but I still have a soft spot for the old Gemeis, kinda like an ex-girlfriend, I may have some fond memories, but there is no way in hell I would go back... lol

#13 music_life

music_life

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hello I have the same 100% battery problem,but i have to root my tablet first, can you explain how can I root my GemeiG6?

#14 J_Svengali

J_Svengali

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to root as well. Would superoneclick work? I know this is Chinese tablet were talking about so probably not lol. Please help this battery thing is driving me crazy!

#15 J_Svengali

J_Svengali

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

Hello I have the same 100% battery problem,but i have to root my tablet first, can you explain how can I root my GemeiG6?

Rooted mine with Kingo Android Root. Simple 1 click app that requires you to reboot the tablet(Make sure USB debugging is on My link). Once that's done, I just ran the fix 100 apk and clicked on the right side for the pop ups (Assuming this was to get it to work since it was all in chinese) and the tablet rebooted on its own and now my battery is back to normal. Hope this helps!

Edited by J_Svengali, 23 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.