Dvd burner for Android.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Noob c97

Noob c97

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

I am wanting to replace my laptop with my tablet. For the most part I never turn my laptop on anymore. I do still turn it on to watch movies when out and about and to burn movies when needed. I know that I can rip the movies to the device, but that takes up time and memory, and you don't get the selection to choose from. I so I was able to find a android compatible dvd player/burner plugs in thought 1 usb port and runs off the tablets power. I have not been able find any software for this hardware. Has this been a thought/problem for anyone else. Any suggested software hardware ideas greatly appreciated.
Noob c97
Zenithink zt 283 c97 with cm10 rom

#2 Noob c97

Noob c97

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have a zt-283 c97 tab, and it running jellybean. I the dvd writer/player I found is the se 218-bb its only 30 to 40 dollars on most sites. I am worried about software. I know battery life is going to be an issue. That's ok.
Noob c97
Zenithink zt 283 c97 with cm10 rom

#3 tablino

tablino

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

Sorry I forgot to mention that I have a zt-283 c97 tab, and it running jellybean. I the dvd writer/player I found is the se 218-bb its only 30 to 40 dollars on most sites. I am worried about software. I know battery life is going to be an issue. That's ok.

I think the tablet make no more sense for you.

I guess you spent around $220-230 for it, then add a DVD writer $50-60 delivered, think about "portability", also you'll always run in compatibility issues, another problem I see when Android is running it has already eaten around 500MB and even more which amounts to more than half the total system memory ram.
No I don't think that a DVD writer is workable for now, maybe in the future when new technology allow smaller and more powerful hardware.

I think for now the best solution for you is a ultra laptop.

#4 Reimar

Reimar

Mr. Imperfect

• Global Moderators
  • 3,017 posts
  • LocationSamut Prakarn (Thailand)

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

DVD Burner may will be OK for the Surface! But Android! It would be a better solution just copy what you like to burn to your Laptop or Desktop PC and you ready to go all you like about!

Android Devices a still running on very low power consumption and to ad an Burner to it would drain the batteries very fast and down their lifetime as well.

Mr. Imperfect
from
LOS (Land of Smile (Thailand))

Posted Image

Please do NOT hijack my signature picture. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users