After some hard work I finally have a Jelly Bean ROM for the Ainol Novo7 Advanced II.
This project is based on the Cristian Troy work over A10 core. His project is Here
First, some screenshots (from the first version):
Number of downloads: 320
Number of downloads: 285
Second, please remember this is is a work-in-progress project and may have bugs and strange behaviours.
I'm not responsible of any damage this ROM or the install process can make on your device. ALWAYS make a backup
You need to install 4.0.4 official before this in order to have touchscreen working
4.0.4 can be downloaded from Here. Flash it using Live Suite.
As far as I tested, everything else.
Configure UpdateMe.apk to enable notifications that way.
Current version: 10-Nov-2012
- Better performance
- Fixed Netflix, now last versión works fine
- Now is android 4.1.2
- Updated to last CM source
- Gapps updated to 4.1.2
- Buttons mapped, now menu and home are vol- and vol+
MD5 (advanced2_modules.zip) = 12418f999b9e0cf8e6c90794dd08f7bc
MD5 (cm_907-ota-eng.Starcarr.zip) = 45f14fe88768272608f9f3917a1094ba
MD5 (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip) = 4e9e7ec3c22b0b3471bd05d62b8a659d
Is important to download exactly these files.
If you are using my previous 4.1.1, don't need to do a wipe, just be sure of installing the three packages since old gapps will not work in 4.1.2.
1. Install CWM following this instructions: Here
2. Make a backup
3. Full wipe the device (wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache).
4. Install zip cm_907-ota-eng.Starcarr.zip.
5. Install zip gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
6. Install zip advanced2_modules.zip
1. The performance is nice, buuuut... I highly recommend to disable google search, because Google Now consumes a lot of memory and slows the system.
Go to Settings -> Apps -> ALL -> Google Search -> Disable
2. If you think the ROM is slow, yo can try enabling PERFORMANCE for clock speed.
Go to Settings -> Performance
If you like my work and wanna support bugfixes, future development (like future 4.2) or just invite me a coffe, please donate HERE .
This post has been edited by starcarr: 12 November 2012 - 05:39 PM