#21 Mazarin07

Mazarin07

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hello!
I have a similar problem with a dual-core Ampe A10 tablet purchased from Spemall.
I have installed PPP widget to manage my 3G connection, but I get the "No modem found" error message.

Now everything works fine with my tablet: 3G, GPS.. everything.
I actually haven't done too much to fix this. I just restarted the tablet after the SIM-card wasn't detected, went in Setup, Other Mobile services, Automatic network detection, then entered the righ parameters from my mobile internet service provider, especially MCC (216) and MNC (30). Then, everything started to work, despite PPP widget showing no connection. After all, I uninstalled PPP widget, because I don't need it.

I didn't modified any IMEI number, don't even know how it looks like.

Edited by Mazarin07, 07 December 2012 - 07:02 PM.

Best regards: Mazarin07
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Want to update your firmware? (Instructions here.) First of all: make a backup of your stock firmware, and write down its version name/number (QM or TM?).
AML Flash tool user guide. (Not enough? Click here.)
Here is how to check your system details. Modify the language settings, if you have Chinese after the update.

#22 robsterwc

robsterwc

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

I actually haven't done too much to fix this. I just restarted the tablet after the SIM-card wasn't detected, went in Setup, Other Mobile services, Automatic network detection, then entered the righ parameters from my mobile internet service provider, especially MCC (216) and MNC (30). Then, everything started to work, despite PPP widget showing no connection. After all, I uninstalled PPP widget, because I don't need it.

Thank you for your advise. I did a factory reset, called up my service provider for the Access Point Name (APN) parameters and now the 3G works well. I am very happy :-)

#23 biloupuce

biloupuce

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I tried with a department store operator that works
it is Store leclerc alias SFR in France
it works also in BOUYGUESTELECOM in France
obviously with IMEI number = 0

thanks for try ...

#24 Ampe

Ampe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Dear Ampe user, i have the same problem here as you had for several days ... i did a lot of internet research about this, and this one seems like solution for our problem. Please help me ... after restart my SIM card was detected, i inserted the PIN and then mobile calls/sms works, but no internet. I want to ask where can i find this step : "went in Setup, Other Mobile services, Automatic network detection, then entered the right parameters from my mobile internet service provider" ... where is something like Setup? I cant find it. Where can I insert MCC and MNC? Thank you !

#25 Ampe

Ampe

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

I figured it out, for users from Slovakia ... Slovak Telekom ...

1. Go to Settings / More / Mobile Networks / Access Point Names
2. Upper Right corner click to Add APN
3. fill up Name : Telekom Internet , APN : internet , mcc : 231 and mnc : 02 ... nothing else
4. I couldn't find any Save icon so click on Home Icon ... no need for restart. It works like charm )))

Dear Ampe user, i have the same problem here as you had for several days ... i did a lot of internet research about this, and this one seems like solution for our problem. Please help me ... after restart my SIM card was detected, i inserted the PIN and then mobile calls/sms works, but no internet. I want to ask where can i find this step : "went in Setup, Other Mobile services, Automatic network detection, then entered the right parameters from my mobile internet service provider" ... where is something like Setup? I cant find it. Where can I insert MCC and MNC? Thank you !

#26 ahawk

ahawk

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hello!
I have a similar problem with a dual-core Ampe A10 tablet purchased from Spemall.
I have installed PPP widget to manage my 3G connection, but I get the "No modem found" error message.

I got the same problem, Did you solve this?

#27 David Culliford

David Culliford

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

My issues are much the same, but my device reads the SIM card fine (I've tried 3 different types), and all the data 'seems' to be there (i.e. IMEI, APN, etc), but still no connection or result, it's as if the modem is turned off permanently.

#28 olibo

olibo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I have same problem with my Sanei N10 IMEI=0. I tried to change my IMEI (from old cellphone) with echo 'AT+EGMR... then the pttycmd1 file was generated in /dev/ folder but after reboot I missed the pttycmd1 file. Can everbody explain why it`s lost? Thanks.

#29 deejhay

deejhay

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I had the same problem before. It is not on the IMEI, the solution is on the APN Settings (depending upon what country you are in) You can contact your telecommunications service provider. It works fine for me in the Philippines.

#30 ajai

ajai

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

any updates on this????

Here is the transcript of the chat i had with my seller - Still waiting for a reply from him
Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:33 AM I even tried to contact Ampe office in China through my friend in China. The Ampe manufacturer need a letter from the seller stating that the tablet has been sold outside China so that Ampe can provide a patch file to update the IMEI. But it is difficult to contact my seller there.
You :(2012-12-06 19:40:28)
All the people in India who have bought this tablet have the same problem
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:40:29)
Ampe is same factory as Sanei
You :(2012-12-06 19:41:11)
yes, in India we need a patch file from the factory to assign an IMEI number
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:41:26)
we can ask sanei, ampe too, got the same answer
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:41:49)
if did as you said, it can be download from factory website
You :(2012-12-06 19:42:32)
can u please ask them for a patch file - can u please provide me the website link or the factory email address please.