Android Tablets Forum banner

Ampe A10, 3G, GPS

25K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  ajai 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I got a new Ampe A10, dual core, inbuilt 3G, GPS , Android 4 from China. Everything is working fine except the inbuilt 3G modem.
I found that the IMEI is set to 0 and thats why GSM?GPRS network registration is denied by service provider.
Any solution for this.. Pls advice and help.

#3 ·
Ihave the same tablet! I checked the IMEI and mine shows zero also. iI just installed the firmwre update from the Ampe site, and nothing has changed.

In my case, however, I am able to use 3g. I use Rogers in Canada.

I don't know the rules regarding having an IMEI, but I get the feeling that most providers aren't fussy about it. although Rogers did want me to call mine in when I got my device. needless to say I didn't...

I'm still getting used to typing on it though.

I, however have a different problem, which I will make a posting on when I can..
whenever data is enabled on mine, the radio interferes with the volume control. the volume jumps all over the place without me even touching the control. I saw a news item, which I have to find again, that said one of the nexus models had the exact same problem. in their case, a firmware fix was found.

giving up data doesn't break my heart, since I can make a hotspot. the problem seems to go away after it is used for a while.

I hope we all can help each other out!

Phil

#5 ·
i too have purchased an sanei n10 yesterday,not able to make phone calls.our mobile network operators also need imei number.i am frm india is there any way such that we can add imei number to sanei n10 to use it as a phone,can any one help me in this regard as i brought this product with expectation to use as phone and tablet

#6 ·
Hi, I am from Bangalore, India. I have checked with every mobile service center, still no luck. They all informed that it is not possible to assign IMEI in this device, the reason is that the PC is not able to detect the device - there is no drivers for Sanei N 10. I think if some one can help me with the right usb drivers there is a fair chance.

#12 ·
Hi,
i have same problem i bought on pandawill a tablet AMPE A10 3G
and no imei.
i have made update with last firmware on ampe website but nothing have change.
does it happen when EFS file is corrupt or missing.
the only proposal is to Pandawill returned for service or repair in France, but I do not know where.
I expect more back to see if I can do it myself

#14 ·
Dear all

I need some help. I have just bought the Sanei N10 dual core 3G. However, the in-unit 3G does not work. I can receive calls and make calls but there is no Internet connection. I believe it is because the IMEI number is set to 0. I would like to change the IMEI number to a number that is listed on my old Nokia phone so as to try whether it will work. I have manage to root the device but I cannot seems to find any way to change the IMEI number. I have tried the command code "echo ="AT+EGMR=1,7,"...."'...' as suggested by some websites, but it does not work

I am desperately seeking your help as a tablet without 3G is almost useless to me....please help me. Thanks

#15 ·
Hello!
I have a similar problem with a dual-core Ampe A10 tablet purchased from Spemall.
I have installed PPP widget to manage my 3G connection, but I get the "No modem found" error message.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
Now everything works fine with my tablet: 3G, GPS.. everything.
I actually haven't done too much to fix this. I just restarted the tablet after the SIM-card wasn't detected, went in Setup, Other Mobile services, Automatic network detection, then entered the righ parameters from my mobile internet service provider, especially MCC (216) and MNC (30). Then, everything started to work, despite PPP widget showing no connection. After all, I uninstalled PPP widget, because I don't need it.

I didn't modified any IMEI number, don't even know how it looks like.

#18 ·
I even tried to contact Ampe office in China through my friend in China. The Ampe manufacturer need a letter from the seller stating that the tablet has been sold outside China so that Ampe can provide a patch file to update the IMEI. But it is difficult to contact my seller there.

Guys has anyone found out how to change IMEI yet?

#28 ·
I have same problem with my Sanei N10 IMEI=0. I tried to change my IMEI (from old cellphone) with echo 'AT+EGMR... then the pttycmd1 file was generated in /dev/ folder but after reboot I missed the pttycmd1 file. Can everbody explain why it`s lost? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.