• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:35 AM

Hi All,
I got a new Ampe A10, dual core, inbuilt 3G, GPS , Android 4 from China. Everything is working fine except the inbuilt 3G modem.
I found that the IMEI is set to 0 and thats why GSM?GPRS network registration is denied by service provider.
Any solution for this.. Pls advice and help.

#2 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Hi All,
I got a new Ampe A10, dual core, inbuilt 3G, GPS , Android 4 from China. Everything is working fine except the inbuilt 3G modem.
I found that the IMEI is set to 0 and thats why GSM?GPRS network registration is denied by service provider.
Any solution for this.. Pls advice and help.

Hi Guys, any one facing the same problem? or have I posted in wrong forum. Someone pls help.

#3 Phil D

Phil D

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Hi Guys, any one facing the same problem? or have I posted in wrong forum. Someone pls help.

Ihave the same tablet! I checked the IMEI and mine shows zero also. iI just installed the firmwre update from the Ampe site, and nothing has changed.

In my case, however, I am able to use 3g. I use Rogers in Canada.

I don't know the rules regarding having an IMEI, but I get the feeling that most providers aren't fussy about it. although Rogers did want me to call mine in when I got my device. needless to say I didn't...

I'm still getting used to typing on it though.

I, however have a different problem, which I will make a posting on when I can..
whenever data is enabled on mine, the radio interferes with the volume control. the volume jumps all over the place without me even touching the control. I saw a news item, which I have to find again, that said one of the nexus models had the exact same problem. in their case, a firmware fix was found.

giving up data doesn't break my heart, since I can make a hotspot. the problem seems to go away after it is used for a while.

I hope we all can help each other out!

Phil

#4 manimaran

manimaran

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 07:22 AM

Hi All,
Even I have the same Issue . IMEI is set to 0. Please help

#5 EINSTEINDIVINE

EINSTEINDIVINE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

i too have purchased an sanei n10 yesterday,not able to make phone calls.our mobile network operators also need imei number.i am frm india is there any way such that we can add imei number to sanei n10 to use it as a phone,can any one help me in this regard as i brought this product with expectation to use as phone and tablet

#6 manimaran

manimaran

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

i too have purchased an sanei n10 yesterday,not able to make phone calls.our mobile network operators also need imei number.i am frm india is there any way such that we can add imei number to sanei n10 to use it as a phone,can any one help me in this regard as i brought this product with expectation to use as phone and tablet

Hi, I am from Bangalore, India. I have checked with every mobile service center, still no luck. They all informed that it is not possible to assign IMEI in this device, the reason is that the PC is not able to detect the device - there is no drivers for Sanei N 10. I think if some one can help me with the right usb drivers there is a fair chance.

#7 EINSTEINDIVINE

EINSTEINDIVINE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

For sanei n10 the usb driver can be donloaded from http://www.kmods.net...2bit_p18.html,I tried this its working ,advice me regarding writing a imie number

#8 EINSTEINDIVINE

EINSTEINDIVINE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

For sanei n10 the usb driver can be donloaded from http://www.kmods.net...2bit_p18.html,I tried this its working ,advice me regarding writing a imie number

#9 manimaran

manimaran

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:19 AM

Hi, I have downloaded the file from the given link, but please guide me which file needs to be installed

#10 EINSTEINDIVINE

EINSTEINDIVINE

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hi, I have downloaded the file from the given link, but please guide me which file needs to be installed

Download the file as per your os,and instal it.then you can find it as android phone in your device manager

#11 Choccy13

Choccy13

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Hi Partha can you tell me where in China you got this tablet and if it was to the UK.

Also is the the tablet as the Sanei N10.

Sorry for newbie questions.

Choccy...

#12 biloupuce

biloupuce

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hi,
i have same problem i bought on pandawill a tablet AMPE A10 3G
and no imei.
i have made update with last firmware on ampe website but nothing have change.
does it happen when EFS file is corrupt or missing.
the only proposal is to Pandawill returned for service or repair in France, but I do not know where.
I expect more back to see if I can do it myself

#13 SquEebEr

SquEebEr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

My tablet is similar to this one and only works on Rogers service as well. Though the internal 3G modem by spec should connect to Bell, it does not. (Ontario, Canada)

#14 robsterwc

robsterwc

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Dear all

I need some help. I have just bought the Sanei N10 dual core 3G. However, the in-unit 3G does not work. I can receive calls and make calls but there is no Internet connection. I believe it is because the IMEI number is set to 0. I would like to change the IMEI number to a number that is listed on my old Nokia phone so as to try whether it will work. I have manage to root the device but I cannot seems to find any way to change the IMEI number. I have tried the command code "echo ="AT+EGMR=1,7,"...."'...' as suggested by some websites, but it does not work

I am desperately seeking your help as a tablet without 3G is almost useless to me....please help me. Thanks

#15 Mazarin07

Mazarin07

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:12 AM

Hello!
I have a similar problem with a dual-core Ampe A10 tablet purchased from Spemall.
I have installed PPP widget to manage my 3G connection, but I get the "No modem found" error message.
Best regards: Mazarin07
Ainol Novo 7 Fire
Want to update your firmware? (Instructions here.) First of all: make a backup of your stock firmware, and write down its version name/number (QM or TM?).
AML Flash tool user guide. (Not enough? Click here.)
Here is how to check your system details. Modify the language settings, if you have Chinese after the update.

#16 robsterwc

robsterwc

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Dear all

I need some help. I have just bought the Sanei N10 dual core 3G. However, the in-unit 3G does not work. I can receive calls and make calls but there is no Internet connection. I believe it is because the IMEI number is set to 0. I would like to change the IMEI number to a number that is listed on my old Nokia phone so as to try whether it will work. I have manage to root the device but I cannot seems to find any way to change the IMEI number. I have tried the command code "echo ="AT+EGMR=1,7,"...."'...' as suggested by some websites, but it does not work

I am desperately seeking your help as a tablet without 3G is almost useless to me....please help me. Thanks

Any expert here can help? I know changing IMEI is illegal, but I am not changing it because it is a stolen product, but simply because I need the 3G to work.....

#17 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hi manimaran, any updates on changing the IMEI?

#18 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

I even tried to contact Ampe office in China through my friend in China. The Ampe manufacturer need a letter from the seller stating that the tablet has been sold outside China so that Ampe can provide a patch file to update the IMEI. But it is difficult to contact my seller there.

Guys has anyone found out how to change IMEI yet?

#19 biloupuce

biloupuce

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

I even tried to contact Ampe office in China through my friend in China. The Ampe manufacturer need a letter from the seller stating that the tablet has been sold outside China so that Ampe can provide a patch file to update the IMEI. But it is difficult to contact my seller there.

Guys has anyone found out how to change IMEI yet?

Hi Partha,
it's good news, so we can hope !!

#20 manimaran

manimaran

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hi Partha,
it's good news, so we can hope !!

Here is the transcript of the chat i had with my seller - Still waiting for a reply from him
Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:33 AM I even tried to contact Ampe office in China through my friend in China. The Ampe manufacturer need a letter from the seller stating that the tablet has been sold outside China so that Ampe can provide a patch file to update the IMEI. But it is difficult to contact my seller there.
You :(2012-12-06 19:40:28)
All the people in India who have bought this tablet have the same problem
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:40:29)
Ampe is same factory as Sanei
You :(2012-12-06 19:41:11)
yes, in India we need a patch file from the factory to assign an IMEI number
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:41:26)
we can ask sanei, ampe too, got the same answer
itmall :(2012-12-06 19:41:49)
if did as you said, it can be download from factory website
You :(2012-12-06 19:42:32)
can u please ask them for a patch file - can u please provide me the website link or the factory email address please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users