Photo

New Ainol Crystal? Here's Your "Get Started" Guide!

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#261 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

Hi,please help me
I have a batch 3 crystal with 121208 serial start.
I have many problem with it recently that i haven't them before, But I don't know how they start :(
1 - When tablet is on and press the pow button to sleep and after 1 min I press it again, It never comes back to normal mode ( It stays in sleep mode), So i should hold the pow button to shut down.
2 - If I shut down the tablet and rapidly turn on , or if reboot it , Then it stays in green android logo and rom will not load.
3 - if I change time , It hangs and I should turn it off by hold the pow button.

I wiped the original rom and install PA 3 through TWRP , But I still have the problems , I don't know how to fix it , please guide me dudes

Thank you

#262 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Damn!
No answer after 2 days, Does it mean I have a serious problem that nobody can't fix it? :(
Is it the end of my tab? :(

#263 ZaLiTHkA

ZaLiTHkA

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:26 AM

Damn!
No answer after 2 days, Does it mean I have a serious problem that nobody can't fix it? :(
Is it the end of my tab? :(

I can't make many suggestions since I've never had that problem with mine, but have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the first post? It lists a number of things to try for issues like this..

Novo 7 Crystal (Batch 3, 20121218)

#264 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I can't make many suggestions since I've never had that problem with mine, but have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the first post? It lists a number of things to try for issues like this..

Thanks for ans.
I checked them, But they didn't helpful :(

#265 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thanks for ans.
I checked them, But they didn't helpful :(

It sounds like "Sleep of Death" or SOD. I can be caused by a ton of things, you would need to search around the forums if you want to know more about but the two ROM's for the Crystal that might fix it are CM10.2 and Crystal Clear v2.0. They both take different approaches to the problem.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
please consider a donation.
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#266 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

It sounds like "Sleep of Death" or SOD. I can be caused by a ton of things, you would need to search around the forums if you want to know more about but the two ROM's for the Crystal that might fix it are CM10.2 and Crystal Clear v2.0. They both take different approaches to the problem.

Tnx dude,
I took my tablet to warranty service ,They said it's a strange prob :o ,
If they can't fix it, I'll try these roms to fix :)

#267 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

Damn!
I gave my tab back from warranty, I checked it there and every thing was OK, But after came back to home, I changed time zone location and problems started again :(
I installed CM 10.1 and still have problems , I don't know how to fix it yet , Is there any other suggestions ?

#268 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Hi again
I still have problems , and the big problem is SOD
I tried CM 10.1 , PA 3.6 and batch 3b stock, and some solutions, :(
The only solution that worked was wake_locker_powermanager app, But it consumes a lot of charge during sleep mode :(
Please help me to fix this problem completely

#269 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

@ rahat_talab - Have you looked at the build.prop to see if you can change the persistent time zone and country to match your own? That might work if it starting having issues again when you changed it in the settings. CM10.2 also has an auto-airplane mode work-around for the SOD. You have to leave wifi "always on" in the advanced settings but when you turn off the screen, the tablet gets switched to airplane mode and then when you turn it back on it comes out of airplane mode. This helps with the SOD's for some people.
If I've helped you set-up your new tablet, unbrick your device or if you use and enjoy my Amlogic AML8726-M Series ROM's
My ROMS - *Crystal Clear (Ainol Crystal) *Anti-Hero (Ainol Hero) *Elenari (Ainol Elf2) *Astronautica (Ainol Aurora2) *Karbonn Custom (Karbonn SmartTab ST8 & ST10)
My DEVICES - *HP Touchpad *Ainol Crystal *Ainol Hero *Ainol Fire *Cube U30GT Mini-S *Nexus 7 (2013)
I don't respond to most PM's just because of the amount I get. If you have a question the best way to get an answer is to post in one of my threads.

My Ainol Crystal "Get Started" Guide. ----- My "How To Unbrick Your Amlogic AML8726-MX Series Tablet" Guide. ----- Go check out my music - It's all free!!!

#270 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

@ rahat_talab - Have you looked at the build.prop to see if you can change the persistent time zone and country to match your own? That might work if it starting having issues again when you changed it in the settings. CM10.2 also has an auto-airplane mode work-around for the SOD. You have to leave wifi "always on" in the advanced settings but when you turn off the screen, the tablet gets switched to airplane mode and then when you turn it back on it comes out of airplane mode. This helps with the SOD's for some people.

I tried Airplane mode many days ago but unfortunately it didn't work :(
What is the build.prop ? Can u explain more to how change it?

#271 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:08 AM

In CM10.2 and Christian Troy's other ROM's it is defaulted to:

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Rome
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=US

You need to find your codes, I don't know what they are for other countries so you'll have to do some googling. To change it you need a root browser or build.prop editor, open the build.prop file in the root of the system folder, make the edit, save and reboot. If you make a mistake your device might not boot. If that happens you can usually just re-flash the ROM to fix it. Since you are messing with system files, you are doing it at your own risk.

#272 rahat_talab

rahat_talab

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:48 PM

In CM10.2 and Christian Troy's other ROM's it is defaulted to:

persist.sys.timezone=Europe/Rome
persist.sys.language=en
persist.sys.country=US

You need to find your codes, I don't know what they are for other countries so you'll have to do some googling. To change it you need a root browser or build.prop editor, open the build.prop file in the root of the system folder, make the edit, save and reboot. If you make a mistake your device might not boot. If that happens you can usually just re-flash the ROM to fix it. Since you are messing with system files, you are doing it at your own risk.

Thank you FI
I'll appreciate you if you give me an effective solution about sleep of death , it's really an intolerable problem :(((((

#273 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Thank you FI
I'll appreciate you if you give me an effective solution about sleep of death , it's really an intolerable problem :(((((

Both Christian Troy' ROMs like CM10.2 and my ROMs have built in fixes for SOD. If you are still getting SODs on our ROMs then it could be a rogue app causing the problem, a system setting or a hardware issue.

#274 Abd.Karkutly

Abd.Karkutly

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

one of the best guides ever :pardon: am honored to have some of your knowledge ,, you helped me alot ,, am gonna get mine after about 15 days and this guide really helped .. thnx :D
  • fuser-invent likes this

#275 Siputih

Siputih

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:17 PM

Hi,please help me
I have a batch 3 crystal with 121208 serial start.
I have many problem with it recently that i haven't them before, But I don't know how they start :(
1 - When tablet is on and press the pow button to sleep and after 1 min I press it again, It never comes back to normal mode ( It stays in sleep mode), So i should hold the pow button to shut down.
2 - If I shut down the tablet and rapidly turn on , or if reboot it , Then it stays in green android logo and rom will not load.
3 - if I change time , It hangs and I should turn it off by hold the pow button.

I wiped the original rom and install PA 3 through TWRP , But I still have the problems , I don't know how to fix it , please guide me dudes

Thank you

I have exactly the same problem here after un-bricked my crystal. Tried changed rom from CC to CM 10.2 but both have these issues.
I'm wondering if this has something to do with the rct battery as it showed 0 volt when I tried to test it. Anybody knows what is
the normal voltage of this battery ?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files

#276 fuser-invent

fuser-invent

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

Thanks Abd.Karkutly!

@ Siputih - Sorry, I don't know but I would be interested to hear what happens if you swap it out with a new one.

Edited by fuser-invent, 01 December 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#277 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the rct battery as it showed 0 volt when I tried to test it. Anybody knows what is
the normal voltage of this battery ?

The round thing next to the speaker that you circled in red there is not a battery. It's the vibration motor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users