Ok, I have decided to flash my Ainol Crystal using your Crystal Clear rom. Now as I am a newbee, slow learner and probably mentally challenged, I've listed several questions and queries below.
I know it'll be extremely annoying and frustrating to you to spoon feed me through this entire process, so my deepest apologies in advance. The least I could do is simplify my questions which you could answer with yes or no.
Now, to begin the flashing process, I downloaded the following files. (Just to be on the safe side)
A few questions beforehand,
a. The titanium backup does not work without root access. So how do I bacakup the files to sd card before flashing the tablet?
b. I do not understand what it means when you say "Use the CWM or TWRP recovery." What file should I place in the sd card to boot into TWRP or CWP? What is better (or easier to work with)?
c. Is it necessary to flash the ainol_format_internal_memory.zip to clean your NAND, cause my tablet is not freezing frequently.
d. Each time you say "Flash this/that" you mean to press and hold the Volume- and the Power button at the same time stuff and then selecting the "apply update from EXT option" option am I right?
e. After every flash process, do I need to reboot my device?
f. I could not find the SD Card Swap Zips in the files you've provided. Where can I find it (Dont link it, just tell me where to find.)?
g. Can I go back to the way the tablet came out of box after rooting it?
h. What does crystal_clear_revert_to_fake_tabletui file do?
Now, to flash, this are the following steps I am supposed to follow, correct me if I am wrong.
1. Extract the TWRP_v184.108.40.206_aurora2-elf2-crystal.zip file and paste the resultant folder in sd card. Then Flash the uImage_recovery file. (*then reboot??)
2. Then Place the ainol_format_internal_memory.zip file in the sd card and flash the .zip file. (again, do I have to reboot after each step?)
(Side Note - Christian Troy quoted "NEVER flash this two "wiping" zips if you're using an EXT4 partitioned device" What does that mean?)
3. Then paste the crystal_clear_v1.8_signed.zip in the sd card and flash the .zip file.
4. Then paste the crystal_clear_batch2_compatibility_v1.5.1.zip in the sd card and flash the .zip file? (Or do I extract the .zip file and flash the boot.img file?)
5. Then paste the additional_apps_v1.5.4_signed.zip int the sd card and flash the .zip file.
6. Then paste the crystal_clear_re-enable_data_3g_ethernet.zip in sd card and flash the .zip file (If my dongle is not working)
7. Then reboot.
(*, obviously, I have just mentioned to put data in sd card after each step to make it easy for understanding. I will put all the needed data at once in the beginning.)
Please correct me if I am wrong somewhere. And thanks a ton in advance.
Edited by toad_frog09, 28 February 2013 - 10:06 AM.