• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1 syco

syco

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

The new Icoo D70 Pro II is out (http://chinatablets....?p=2718&lang=en) at a challenging low price ($ 90 or so with shipping) and I just wanted to ask around, if there is any custom ROM to have for this nice piece? I could not find something like CM 10 or Parandoid Android.

I mean the hardware is really nice and my friend asked me for a precious deal, but the standard ROM is useless for us in Europe.

Or is there any better alternative in similar price range?

Thank you in advance.

#2 Simes

Simes

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

The NATPC X2 looks like its made in the same factory. It has slightly better specs ( 16Gb and dual cameras - but same chipset and jellybean ).
The casing looks near identical.

You can get it on amazon ( UK site ) for £69 delivered or ########### for £65 delivered from the UK . Thats cheaper than buying from China ! !
I can't see any custom roms appearing for it though unless generic rockchip firmwares appear. Its supposedly set up for English ( no chinese apps ). I am waiting for mine to arrive ( should be today).

#3 syco

syco

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

The NATPC X2 looks like its made in the same factory. It has slightly better specs ( 16Gb and dual cameras - but same chipset and jellybean ).
The casing looks near identical.

You can get it on amazon ( UK site ) for £ 69 delivered or ########### for £65 delivered from the UK . Thats cheaper than buying from China ! !
I can't see any custom roms appearing for it though unless generic rockchip firmwares appear. Its supposedly set up for English ( no chinese apps ). I am waiting for mine to arrive ( should be today).

Thank you for your reply, that is great news. Can you tell me the exact link for your product? I just found it for £ 89 which is far more than your 69. :)

http://www.amazon.co...51601183&sr=8-1

All the other cheap versions were looking like the older model (like Icoo D70 Pro without II).

#4 Simes

Simes

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

Do a search on that famous auction site. Mine cost £65 delivered buy-it-now .
It arrived today - I am sending this post from it.
Search for natpc x2 - they are still on at that bargain price.

Edited by Simes, 30 October 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#5 Simes

Simes

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Good news - managed to root the NATPC x2 using zhuodashi .

There are no Chinese apps that need removing.
The youtube app is installed as a system app ( and its an out of date version that constantly buffers ), so now i have root i can remove it and install an up-to-date version that hopefully works better. Without root you could not update it.

#6 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Wow that is a bargain, and from a UK supplier with a UK Power adapter too!

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#7 syco

syco

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thank you, but what a pity, they sell to UK only.

I tried to buy it on the big auction thing, but Germany is not listed as delivered countries. :-/

Btw, what the heck is zhuodashi? :)

Edited by syco, 30 October 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#8 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

That's a shame :-(

Zhuodashi is a PC Windows based program in Chinese for rooting tablets from here :

http://www.dashi.com/product/5.html

Download link --> http://static.opda.c....2.14-setup.exe

It seems to work on most tablets I have tried.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 31 October 2012 - 02:52 AM.

• syco likes this
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#9 syco

syco

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Zhuodashi is a PC Windows based program in Chinese for rooting tablets from here :

Jez

I wrote them about cheap parcel costs to Germany, but they told me, they are not selling to foreign countries because of the higher return costs, if something is broken. That is not calculated in their expenses. :-/

Well, now I have to search for another opportunity for the Natpc X2. :)

Thank you for your hint, btw.

#10 lagathy

lagathy

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

Hi,

does anyone know hwo to improve the wifi on the d70 pro..ive just bought 20,rooted them all(removed hosts file) and even standing 3 ft away from router,it maxes out at 150kps(!!)..

Anyway,just a small wanring to anyone thinking of buying this...great hardware,let down by dreadful battery lfie and equally bad wifi...such a shame...:(

#11 mite_jan

mite_jan

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

Hi,

does anyone know hwo to improve the wifi on the d70 pro..ive just bought 20,rooted them all(removed hosts file) and even standing 3 ft away from router,it maxes out at 150kps(!!)..

Anyway,just a small wanring to anyone thinking of buying this...great hardware,let down by dreadful battery lfie and equally bad wifi...such a shame...:(

150kb on all of them ?
thanks god i didn't buy this tablet

i have also read from russian forums that if you open the tablet on the battery it says 2500mah
you may want to check that becouse that is the only explanation of very low battery life

#12 anadappa

anadappa

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

The 150 bps was due to your removal of the Hosts!!!!!!

Mine works well and I seem to get about 7 to 9 Mps.

#13 jaapstablets

jaapstablets

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Jez

Hi there,
Very interesting. I tried but everything is in Chinese. Is there also an English version of it?
jacobus

#14 errhec

errhec

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hi

I got it one and the filings are mixed.

With full battery I can empty it in one hour and 15 minutes with WiFi on. Playing games and watching YouTube, some browsing (so root is must and underclock).
Also when i normally pres on the digitizer there are some shadows on lcd, so it must the lcd touch the digitizer on some places.

Otherwise is fast and trouble free for now, build quality is decent .

#15 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

I tried Zhuodashi but it would not run on my 64 bit win 7 laptop. Is there an alternate route to get the tablet rooted? I'd like to remove some of the chinese apps among other things. Any custom roms?

*update* I was able to root the tablet with http://www.ulozto.ne...-2-17-setup-exe

Some issues I've noticed....adb under linux does not recognize the tablet....the windows version does...my other 8 devices all work fine from linux so it's something specific to this tablet. There is no /sdcard directory when navigating....how do we get our external sd card linked to the internal?

Is there a 4.1.2 or a 4.2 rom available?

Edited by FameWolf, 20 December 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#16 FameWolf

FameWolf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

Does anyone have a current update.img for this device or know how to force it to do a factory reset? I edited the build.prop to have the device say it was a nexus 7 and it hung on bootup. I attempted to download the latest firmware from the icoo page but 1) it's in chinese and so are all the instructions/files 2) The recovery img gives me a crc error when unrar'ing it.

*update* I was finally able to get the icoo image downloaded without issues and flashed to the device..then got to go through the fun of getting it re-rooted. Anyone gotten CWM to work with this tablet so backups can be made?

Edited by FameWolf, 30 December 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#17 dfor3

dfor3

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I've had my ICOO D70 Pro II for three weeks. At first, maybe four days, I was really pleased with the purchase. The speed and screen resolution is amazing for the price. The issue with mine is the battery. I lowered the brightness to minimum and the percentage of charge still dropped tremendously fast. I got hooked on beach buggy blitz and would play for as long as I could, which was maybe 45 minutes at a time before it would warn 15% so I would shut it down and charge. After a few more days, somewhere around 30% charge the unit would just turn off, as if it were overheating. When I turned it back on a battery symbol with a yellow yield sign with really small writing on it would appear and it would shut off. After charging for a couple of hours it would turn on again. I made it a habit to stop using it once it got to 35%. To get the charge to 90% it would take over a day using the supplied AC adaptor. I actually ran it sitting on a freezer gel pack to see if possibly I was overheating it with the game, but it still would abruptly turn off while playing the game.

Just a few minutes ago I noticed it turning on and off and making a bit of a pop sound while I had it charging. I used it a few hours ago and plugged it in and walked away and at that time it was ok. I messed around with it a bit and put the USB cable into another 5V adaptor and it does the same thing. It will no longer turn on and for more than a half second and when I attempt to charge it goes on and off continuously.

I'm not going to bother with priceangels for return, I figure I'll try to frankenstein the thing if that is possible. If it is the battery and not the circuitry, I'd like to purchase a replacement and pop the thing open. I'm not opposed to cutting a square in the back if I can't make it fit just so.

What I'd like to know from from the forum is if this has been encountered and what my next move should be to try to fix it. I don't even know the reset procedure. Most of the ICOO site is in chinese and the main page doesn't even have a support link.

Thanks,
Dan

#18 BitTourist

BitTourist

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Unfortunately i bought this evidently masterpiece (of $h1t ;)).... the device is still on the way. As stated bfore there is prolly somekind of a sw-bug bcause 2500mah battery should really last longer.

Anyone seen instructions howto open the case? I'm thinking about battery upgade mod... there seems to be quite versatile market for li-po batteries at 3500-5000mah. First someone has to dissect the device so the correct battery meazurements can be taken. that earlier mentioned russian dude opened his... anyone know is he active on some forum? Could just ask him...

Also wondering that is the battery capacity coded somewhere to the firmware so that the charge time will be long enough?

Edited by BitTourist, 05 January 2013 - 02:13 AM.

#19 BitTourist

BitTourist

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Got mine yesterday. Fw dated 20121217. Battery usage meter/procentage seems to be corrected. Works normally between 0-100%.

Tested the device for 2 hours in versatile use games, videos, youtube, netradio, surffing and general playing around and it took about 70% of the juice. So fortunately the usage seems to be better than some have been reporting. Could be better though. Prolly the battery will get little better as it is fully charged few times. I`ll keep testing and report the results.

All in all guite happy so far. Lot of device for 85 usd. Not so bad afterall... not however forgetting the maybe possible battery upgrade...

Edited by BitTourist, 05 January 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#20 obermotz

obermotz

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

I received mine yesterday. The tablet is pretty powerful running without noticable lags but the battery life with turned on wifi is horrible. Also the sound quality is well below average and the display's viewing angle is pretty limited (e.g. it produces a sharp/normal looking picture only from a certain angle).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users