Pipo S1 Tablet Updating assistance

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghackt

ghackt

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

I recently adopted an S1, from a buddy that went to China and got 20 free at a convention. Firmware is kinda outdated.

So I went to: http://www.pipo.cn/E...4&type=2&id=233 (which has the S1 Update)

which is the device I have. I downloaded the update which is the PIPO S1_20120928

I downloaded the update instructions which are in Chinese (Bummer and I converted the text to english) Which barely worked right. First step into updating the firmware RKbatchTool.exe (1.5)

Found the update tool : http://www.pipo.cn/E....ian_show&id=42

however the update tool just crashes so that's a piece of *oops...now what do I do...I have the new update, A failed Update tool, A Chinese instruction guide, and an outdated tablet.

Can someone kindly Give me a update tool that will work without any issues for my device, Detailed instructions on how to update the tablet...including getting it into update/recovery mode. I like this tablet plus it was free just want to keep it up to date.

#2 jmoeller

jmoeller

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I feel your pain. I am working on a project and we are evaluting the Pipo S1. I have received a couple to work with and first wanted to ensure that I had the latest firmware. I was able to download and flash the new firmware (with lots of trial and error). However, when comparing the "new" ROM to the ROM on the tablets I received, I found that the "latest" ROM on the Pipo site is older than the ROM that came with the new devices. Rather than go through the pain of "updating" to an "old" version, I would suggest a bit of patience. I want to dump the ROM I have and create installation instructions for it. I will share on this site when completed. I don't think it will be a tough job as I was able to dump the kernel and flash the new kernel back. I am not certain when I will have time to get it all put together. But I hope to do it within the next 10 days.

#3 al5911

al5911

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Wow, great mate. Please do and take your time. I have the patience.

End user ... ;)