Photo

Ainol will use the Quad-Core ACT-ACT7029 - Is it any good?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

Ainol is about ready to release a whole new line-up of tablets built on the new ACT-ACT7029. It is an interesting looking Quad-Core A9 paired with a Vivante GC1000 GPU... We put together an article with some of our speculation in our "Mobile Sleuth" magazine if you are interested in reading.

The article can be found here:
http://www.topnotcht...ts.com/articles

The name of the article is: "AINOL'S NEW CHOICE FOR A QUAD-CORE, THE "ACT-ACT7029" - JUST A MARKETING MOVE?"

Also, if you are interested in authoring an article, shoot me a PM. I am happy to publish articles for folks that they want to share. It has to be your work though .

Regards,

Roman
www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#2 CrimsonFury

CrimsonFury

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

While a Quad-Core CPU might sound intriguing, the GC1000 GPU is shown to be weaker in benchmarks as compared to other GPUs e.g the Mali 400. A better option would be the RK3066 but that is a con for ROM developers.

Some people are saying that this particular version of the SOC has the Mali 400 instead of the GC1000. It's just speculation at the moment and only benchmarks will tell.

Plus I am a little worried. My friend has the Elf II and I've used it a couple of times. After playing a few games (for a couple of minutes)it starts to get a little hot. Seeing that the ACT7029 has a Quad-Core Processor, I'm worried about the heating issues. Dunno, I may be wrong.
"Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them." ~ Albert Einstein

#3 BamaPanda

BamaPanda

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Curious I am.

In reading, I find the that ACT-ACT7029 has been associated with the new Allwinner A31, and then I read Aniol is aligning themselves with the A31.

Are Allwinner and ACT-ACT7029 the same? Anyone know how this is playing out, has played out?

Thanks.

Edited by BamaPanda, 06 January 2013 - 09:52 AM.

#4 Tzul

Tzul

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

Allwinner and Actions are two separate companies, so they are not the same.

When Ainol first announced their quad-core tablets, it specified from the beginning that they'd use the ACT-ATM7029. Later, seemingly out of nowhere, the Ainol Firewire was announced, which will be based on the Allwinner A31 instead.

The ATM7029 looks a bit disappointing. Not only does it feature a weak Vivante GC1000 (plus) GPU, its quad-core CPU seems to be based on ARM Cortex A5 tech rather than Cortex A9 as advertised (see here).
The Allwinner A31 is a quad-core ARM Cortex A7.

How this'll play out? I don't know yet.

Edited by Tzul, 10 January 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#5 troydoid

troydoid

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

it's ainol chinesse tablet?

#6 Kazekage Gaara

Kazekage Gaara

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

^Yes it is manufactured by Chineese consumers.