• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Unpack it (until you got an odex file - although it's binary you may open it with a text editor and make sure that the first "line" reads "dey"). This may involve multiple runs, depending on your archive tool.

As root, rename the old Launcher2.odex (e.g. to Launcher2.bdex), copy the new file in, and adjust its permissions to look the same as the
old one.

Double check, then restart.

#22 gb_lawrence

gb_lawrence

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Unpack it (until you got an odex file - although it's binary you may open it with a text editor and make sure that the first "line" reads "dey"). This may involve multiple runs, depending on your archive tool.

As root, rename the old Launcher2.odex (e.g. to Launcher2.bdex), copy the new file in, and adjust its permissions to look the same as the
old one.

Double check, then restart.

thanks for the reply.

#23 gianou

gianou

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Mine came set as 160 and as a result there is lots of space round the edges of the screen. I've just experimented with changing the value to 213. It's OK, but the icon text spills slightly off the edge of each screen. A little lower, say 200 would be nice, but will this compromise some stuff if it's non standard I wonder?

EDIT: So far set at 200dpi things seem OK, but I did notice when Adfree decided to update its database, the prompt to do the update was spilling off the top of the screen slightly. Things also get too wide if you flip the screen into portrait mode.

And more: as I see is noted in other places, the Play store doesn't like this, scrolling gets very messed up. It looks as though Google's own application is designed only to work with their standard resolution set.

I downloaded dpi changer from paly store and installed it on my generic tablet cortex a8 processor.
It rebooted and staked at start up screen. The seller don't provide assistance.

It's a generic china made device cortex A8. By reseller Aura 7 inch 512 ram 1GHz.
I don't think anything has been damaged since I did not dig in the OS, but still it needs some kind of medicine in order to recover.

I'm new to Android so any body any advice would be great.
Regards
Christos

#24 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Can the latest roms devs correct this? they still using PPI = 160 when it should be PPI = 213. same as nexus 7

Where can we edit screen size to 7" instead of default 9"
does the lower 160 vs 213 affect how photos or videos are shown? or is just for desktop and icons?

Edited by firepower, 22 May 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#25 ankka

ankka

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I've installed the new feiyu 0506 on my Fire. It has the new phablet UI from 4.2.2, dpi is 160. I find that a lot of the UI elements, especially the status bar, is too small. I'd also rather use the tablet UI like in android 4.1.2. But when dpi is changed from 160 with tablet UI turned on, system UI begins to FC constantly after restart.

Even if I decided to keep using the new phablet UI, everything is too small but I'm not sure what dpi to use. I tried 217 but the bottom status bar didn't show at all.

#26 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Try ppi of 213 same as nexus 7,remember some of screen is used for softkeys, so display is 1280x752.
In default display mode PPI = 213 works, but in tablet mode PPI = 180,190,200,213 causes "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped."

Edited by firepower, 23 May 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#27 thay

thay

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

On russian 4pda forum I posted fix for standard launcher:

http://4pda.ru/forum...0#entry16329969

This patch works with firmware 1211tm?

#28 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

That russian patch doesnt change anything for 0506 firmware. Only in tablet (ICS) mode it default at 160 and max value of 177 dpi. In phone (JB) mode it default at 160 and can goto 213 , maybe even more but i only tested upto 213.

.odex are not used in latest roms

Edited by firepower, 01 June 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#29 Electula596

Electula596

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I use Feiyu 0506, and its default dpi is 160. But the icons and texts are too small at the default setting. (it hurts my eye)

So I edited my build.prop to change the dpi to 240. Now everything looks big.
UI is somehow changed: notification bar(top left) and status bar(top right) are combined into a single bar.
And the buttons on navigation bar are gone. No Back, no Home, no Recents, no Volume.

I wanted my buttons back, So changed the dpi to 213. UI is still a bit weird(it doesn't show the lists and details on single screen at once anymore like this), but I think I can deal with it.

#30 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Latest Feiyu V5 0506 allows you to change DPI in tablet and phablet mode from default 160 to 213 (may allow higher but I just test 213)
You need to edit build prop or use DPI changer app. Need to reboot to see change.

Paranoid Android ROMs allow you to choose any mode and adjust DPI and layout. As well as pie interface and halo notifications. All from setting menu and on the fly with no reboots.

Edited by firepower, 22 June 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#31 fmcheetah

fmcheetah

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Latest Feiyu V5 0506 allows you to change DPI in tablet and phablet mode from default 160 to 213 (may allow higher but I just test 213)
You need to edit build prop or use DPI changer app. Need to reboot to see change.

Paranoid Android ROMs allow you to choose any mode and adjust DPI and layout. As well as pie interface and halo notifications. All from setting menu and on the fly with no reboots.

Thanxx Firepower, helped me but still not 100% happy as home, return, multiscreen and Power+ Power- soft switch icons are still small.