Here's a (roughly) chronological order of how I do things:
- Took out the microSD, split into two partitions (FAT32 + ext2) and insert.
- Install Link2SD
- Link2SD does not see the 2nd partition
- Upon further investigation... the Crystal mounted the ext2 partition on external_sd instead of the FAT32 partition!
- Repartition the microSD into FAT32 + FAT32
- Now, the Crystal properly mounted the 1st partition instead of the 2nd ... but Link2SD still can't see the 2nd partition!
- More exploration... apparently /data/sdext2 does not exist. Created via terminal.
- Tried mounting 2nd partition manually:
mount /dev/block/cardblksd1 /data/sdext2... no joy. Crystal simply refused to mount the 2nd partition anywhere
- Checked the /system/etc/install-recovery.sh file... apparently still the 'original' one, not the Link2SD one...
I've *this* close to giving up... anyone have any success in making Link2SD run properly on the Crystal?