SOLVED: TOUCH SCREEN FAILURES

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 Tran Ba Loc

Tran Ba Loc

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:53 AM

I had the same problem. I was tried to flash all roms of Fire and try fire_tp_fix for each rom but cant not solve it.

Maybe it has problem with hardware. If problem is hardware i must pay more $60 to fix it and wait for a long time.

Hope not the hardware problem and continue to fix by myself during next 2 days. Hope and hope...

I will post the result here ...

My problem has occur when I play the 'Machinarium' game, the battery low is warning out and turn off suddenly. Then i connect the charge to my Fire and the touchpad not work at then. Try some rom and fix but can not solve :(

Edited by Tran Ba Loc, 25 January 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#82 ad23

ad23

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

for me it started when I was just surfing the net and after extinction for lack of battery, and when the charger to the touch screen is gone.

Edited by ad23, 25 January 2013 - 06:35 AM.

#83 enzhuing999

enzhuing999

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

for me it started when I was just surfing the net and after extinction for lack of battery, and when the charger to the touch screen is gone.

same thing happened to me dude.

#84 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Will this also fix the latest Fire with new touch screen controller? S/N:A NOVE7FIRE20121216G0XXXXX

#85 gamerako

gamerako

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

already tried the zip file here but mine's still the same..... my FW is 1031 qm any ideas guys? :nea: :nea: :nea: :nea: :nea: :nea:

#86 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

It did not work for my fire, but I fixed it downloading original Chinese firmware it was supplied with.
firmware is available in firmware/development forum for both TM & QM screens, also a patch file containing all apps and Chinese apps as comes with Ainol Fire

#87 Digital_def

Digital_def

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

My touch dead!
SN#G0107хх
FW: 0907qm
i connect the charger to my Fire and the touch not work after there!

I was tried to flash all roms of Fire and try fire_tp_fix for each rom, but cant not solve it.

Tab new - 3 days.
what more can I to do

#88 mEvg

mEvg

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

It did not work for my fire, but I fixed it downloading original Chinese firmware it was supplied with.
firmware is available in firmware/development forum for both TM & QM screens, also a patch file containing all apps and Chinese apps as comes with Ainol Fire

Hi! Please, give a link to this firmware.Thank You!

#89 Digital_def

Digital_def

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hi! Please, give a link to this firmware.Thank You!

HERE

#90 firepower

firepower

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

I got latest from this post

http://www.slatedroi...es/page__st__20

TM firmware 2012-12-11
http://kuai.xunlei.c...BwLnRwCYatBQ9c7

QM firmware 2012-12-11
http://kuai.xunlei.c...BwJqSAD.a9BQ848

Gapps and chinese original apps
http://dl.vmall.com/en_US/c0im1cuiqg

I only used TM firmware to restore Touch panel and android ICS4.04 then DL Christiam Troy CM10.1 JB4.21

http://www.slatedroi...ire-2013-01-26/

Edited by firepower, 28 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

#91 uniqm

uniqm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

My touchscreen died too. I have a new one Flame delivered 2 two weeks ago. I cant remember the orginal fw version (some feiyu tm). I just wanted to make a backup using CWM 5.5.0.4. but after that system did not work at all, it was just loading. Tried this fix but unsuccessfully. Flashed several ROM (official 0930, feiyu 0115 and jb0103, CM 10) they worked properly but only with mouse (touchscreen did not work at all). So this patch did not help me. I should back to reseller but it would be expensive. Any idea?

#92 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

My touchscreen died too. I have a new one Flame delivered 2 two weeks ago. I cant remember the orginal fw version (some feiyu tm). I just wanted to make a backup using CWM 5.5.0.4. but after that system did not work at all, it was just loading. Tried this fix but unsuccessfully. Flashed several ROM (official 0930, feiyu 0115 and jb0103, CM 10) they worked properly but only with mouse (touchscreen did not work at all). So this patch did not help me. I should back to reseller but it would be expensive. Any idea?

You have to be careful using cwm and only use one that has correct fire tm or qm kernel for your screen type from the CM10 / 10.1 thread. But now CM uses TWRP which is better but same caution applies. The TP fix in this thread should work but you may need to be on a compatible ROM version before you apply it. I would try feiyu 1031 tm as that was current at the time of this fix and then try the fix again.

Novo 7 Flame running CM10.1 2013-02-02 qm 1.3.2

#93 uniqm

uniqm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

You have to be careful using cwm and only use one that has correct fire tm or qm kernel for your screen type from the CM10 / 10.1 thread. But now CM uses TWRP which is better but same caution applies. The TP fix in this thread should work but you may need to be on a compatible ROM version before you apply it. I would try feiyu 1031 tm as that was current at the time of this fix and then try the fix again.

Novo 7 Flame running CM10.1 2013-02-02 qm 1.3.2

I used the correct CWM (as far as I know). I tried several ROM versions (feiyu 1031tm too) before using this TP fix, but I couldn't solve the problem. Now I've ordered a new touch screen panel from China, I have to wait for some weeks, but I think I had no choice.

#94 manmantis

manmantis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I used the correct CWM (as far as I know). I tried several ROM versions (feiyu 1031tm too) before using this TP fix, but I couldn't solve the problem. Now I've ordered a new touch screen panel from China, I have to wait for some weeks, but I think I had no choice.

Just out of interest, where have you ordered your replacement screen from?
Ainol Novo7Fire-tm : ParanoidAndroid 3.99 RC2 (4.3.1)

#95 uniqm

uniqm

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Just out of interest, where have you ordered your replacement screen from?

i found it on thE Big Auction website. You can find it easily too. :rolleyes:

Edited by uniqm, 12 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#96 manmantis

manmantis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

i found it on thE Big Auction website. You can find it easily too. :rolleyes:

Thanks. Those are the same suppliers I could find on Aliexpress.

Cheaper to order a replacement than to send back on warranty!
Ainol Novo7Fire-tm : ParanoidAndroid 3.99 RC2 (4.3.1)

#97 taff60

taff60

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

How do I get the tab to recognise the mouse? Mine does nothing when plugged in

#98 taff60

taff60

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Hi, Im a newcomer to this forum, and like most others, came across it because I needed help. Ive already been around for a while as a guest, but now Im at a point where I need some two way help!

I have an Ainol Novo7 fire, which has been a great tablet and answered all my needs. I put up with the pop, the slow wake up and the false battery indicator. These things didnt bother me. Then........my touch screen stopped after my battery ran out on me......disaster! screen is dead. Tried a factory reset......still dead! Ive even managed to upgrade it to Jelly Bean, with what ive read here,........but the screen is still not responding. So, thats why im here and I just want my tablet back! Its really sad that Its loss should cause such grief. I cant get a mouse to work and didnt realise that taking note of the FW and build versions was an issue untill it was too late. Now I cant get access to find

#99 taff60

taff60

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Posted Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Hi, Im a newcomer to this forum, and like most others, came across it because I needed help. Ive already been around for a while as a guest, but now Im at a point where I need some two way help!

I have an Ainol Novo7 fire, which has been a great tablet and answered all my needs. I put up with the pop, the slow wake up and the false battery indicator. These things didnt bother me. Then........my touch screen stopped after my battery ran out on me......disaster! screen is dead. Tried a factory reset......still dead! Ive even managed to upgrade it to Jelly Bean, with what ive read here,........but the screen is still not responding. So, thats why im here and I just want my tablet back! Its really sad that Its loss should cause such grief. I cant get a mouse to work and didnt realise that taking note of the FW and build versions was an issue untill it was too late. Now I cant get access to find

#100 taff60

taff60

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Can i do a qm upgrade and if thst doesnt work, use the tm version? Or will that burn the rom.
Wish my mouse worked!