Ainol Aurora II/ Pipo Max M1/ Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

#22 PaulEBoy

PaulEBoy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNorth Central Arkansas

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

This FIX has solved my "bricked" QM Fire. Thanks to FEIYU & all others involved.
Reagrds;
PaulEBoy

#23 zep

zep

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:44 AM

After all the touch IC was not fried,,,,,
ryt guys?

#24 uxmanz

uxmanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:21 AM

yea,...it was just a fw issue!
Best Google apps installer by me!
Gapps Touch installer for CWM

#25 OrangGila

OrangGila

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:24 AM

this patch can fix the autorotate eror?

my autorotate goes wrong when in vertical mode, it goes upside down

any help will be appreciated

thx

#26 Bert M

Bert M

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

this patch can fix the autorotate eror?

No, it cannot. This patch may only help to fix your dead touch screen.

#27 Saceek

Saceek

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Please help me I have CM 10 installed and if i press power button or tablet go asleep, after this i push the power bottun for wake up but the screen is damaged.. I install in recovery this zip, but the tablet freeze on CM 10 logo when its booting..what I doing wrong..please help me, I am so confused..sorry for my English

#28 santishere

santishere

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

I was trying to flash AOKP and CM10 I wasnt successful and broke the calibration on my touch screen. Then I flashed this fire-fix zip file and it was back to normal working condition. I tried flashing the AOKP again, and now the touch screen is completely dead. I tried flashing this zip file again and nothing happens. Does anyone know what I can try next? possible solutions?

thanks

#29 Mr. Splodge

Mr. Splodge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

what exactly did you do, step by step, to break the touch screen? did you change your procedure after the first time you broke the touch screen or did you try to do exactly the same thing again after applying the fix.

#30 demieg

demieg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

thank you so much,

this fixes my touchscreen!

youre great!

#31 santishere

santishere

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:40 AM

what exactly did you do, step by step, to break the touch screen? did you change your procedure after the first time you broke the touch screen or did you try to do exactly the same thing again after applying the fix.

well I followed the instructions for installing AOKP. The process appeared to have gone through smoothly and once the tablet booted up the touchscreen wouldnt respond. So I wiped the tablet in stock recovery then cwm recovery and tried installing cm10. Same issue here. CM10 booted up but at the lockscreen touchscreen didnt recognize input. So I wiped again and went back to Flambe V15. Touchscreen was still not working then realized it was not calibrated. Then used this Fire fix zip and the touchscreen was fixed. Then I tried AOKP again, after reading the instructions with great detail. The first time around I had missed the mount data and mount system. So this time I did it correctly but the screen went back to not working. So I gave up and went back to Flambe V15 and now the touch screen doesnt work even when I try to flash the fire fix zip. :( the tablet works bc I plugged a mouse in and I can control it.

Sorry this is so long, but now I dont know what to do :(

#32 Steve8x8

Steve8x8

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

This sounds like a missing compatibility zip - it should be clear that using an ElfII kernel (boot image) will harm the different hardware of the Fire?
The "cm10-elf2-" part of the file name is there for a reason, I presume...

#33 obek

obek

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:48 AM

So I gave up and went back to Flambe V15 and now the touch screen doesnt work even when I try to flash the fire fix zip. :( the tablet works bc I plugged a mouse in and I can control it.

Is the touchscreen now working at all? Any activity from any part of the screen when "pointer location" from developer options is enabled?

To be quite frank I can't think of a sensible way feiyu could have fixed the flashing problem in the "touchscreen fix kernel" that would end up behaving like this, but now it really would be nice to know how the fix was implemented. Especially if this happens consistently. Not going to test if it does on my Flame, however. At least for now...

This sounds like a missing compatibility zip - it should be clear that using an ElfII kernel (boot image) will harm the different hardware of the Fire?
The "cm10-elf2-" part of the file name is there for a reason, I presume...

Yes and no. Elf II kernel (without the compatibility zip) has a good chance of flashing an incompatible touchscreen firmware to the controller "accidentally on purpose". It is of course possible it might do something that actually damages some part of the device, but I don't think that is too probable at least in this case.

Weird symptoms, though.

#34 sumair

sumair

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

i want to purchased NOVO fLAME...
but now i am so confused after hearing this dead screen issue...

so please kindly guide me whether i should go for it or not..?

#35 santishere

santishere

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Is the touchscreen now working at all? Any activity from any part of the screen when "pointer location" from developer options is enabled?

To be quite frank I can't think of a sensible way feiyu could have fixed the flashing problem in the "touchscreen fix kernel" that would end up behaving like this, but now it really would be nice to know how the fix was implemented. Especially if this happens consistently. Not going to test if it does on my Flame, however. At least for now...

The touchscreen is not working at all. I used a mouse to activate "pointer location" from developer options and it doesnt recognize touch when I touch the screen.

any suggestions on what to do?

#36 obek

obek

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

The touchscreen is not working at all. I used a mouse to activate "pointer location" from developer options and it doesnt recognize touch when I touch the screen.

You might be in the same situation as ViSt was here. Unfortunately unsolved (except for sending the device back for replacement). The difference is that your touchscreen stopped working when updating the tablet, whereas ViSt's apparently while charging. Of course it might just be a coincidence and these have nothing in common.

Did you or did you not install a Fire "compatibility zip" to the device in addition to the cm10 .zip? And which one? And exactly the same .zips on both AOKP install attempts?

I still feel like this could just be another type of touchscreen firmware incompatibility problem, but if the reason behind both failures here is exactly the same kernel, I don't know anymore... Apparently there still are some issues left with the touchscreen.

any suggestions on what to do?

For now I have no better suggestions than to wait. When people start building the kernel and feel comfortable sharing their builds, we'll be able to do a bit more with the touchscreen controller.

I'm looking into building the kernel too, but with my pace I bet someone beats me to a release-worthy version.

#37 pwnz0rz

pwnz0rz

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:42 AM

I'm considering buying an Ainol Fire but this seems like a big problem. Is anyone sure if this touchscreen issue has been fixed in current production models?

#38 Cloudsloth

Cloudsloth

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm considering buying an Ainol Fire but this seems like a big problem. Is anyone sure if this touchscreen issue has been fixed in current production models?

did you mis-read the title?

far as I can tell, everyone's touch screen is working fine with the fix applied.

#39 JPop

JPop

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

I have had my ainol fire for a month and its been working fine on the 907tm firmware it came with until last night when the touch screen just stopped responding. Will this work for me and does it do a simple update or does it replacethe firmware? And will this effect my data? Thanks in advance :)

#40 Mr. Splodge

Mr. Splodge

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

It won't replace your firmware or your data so go for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users