• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 NicolasG

NicolasG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hi
I have the same problem - not working touch screen, but mine voltage is only 4.7 while screen is on. It is pipo m2. Maybe you can contact the seller again, so they would tell you what to replace in this case?

I think the Pipo M2 and M3 have the same motherboard, so she way to repair the touchscreen should also be the same.
try other diode, I used 1N4148, and you should install it with correct polarity, which is shown on the picture above. Also, don't forger to use the insulating tape after installing the diode.
Hope, this helps.

#22 mrwhosetheboss

mrwhosetheboss

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

return it!

#23 Roman2025

Roman2025

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationLewisville, NC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

Hmmm... Had a customer return an M3 recently with a dead touchscreen. I fully quality checked the unit before shipping out and it was fine. This is something that apparently just "happens" which is highly highly frustrating as a reseller. I covered the cost to send it back to china for fixing. Interesting fix though... I hate soldering though :) and would only attempt this if there was not warranty option available. Personally I would be afraid of ruining the whole tablet and then the supplier won't do anything about it :(. Risk and reward, if it works it is still much cheaper than shipping it back.

One more reason I am teetering on the brink of just dropping the M3 model from my line-up.

-Roman

Edited by Roman2025, 26 November 2012 - 06:51 PM.

www. Rockchip Firmware.com - Firmware Development Tutorials and Image Repository for all things Rockchip! - "Dedicated to getting new devs started and to helping end-users get the firmware and tools they need to manage their Rockchip based devices!"

www. Top Notch Tablets .com - U.S. Based Android Tablet Reseller - "We like to think we are really good at what we do; so far our customers, and the larger android community, have reinforced this belief. Thanks!"

People have asked (thank you btw) so here it is... If you would like to monetarily say thanks and continue supporting me in my firmware development efforts, you can donate by clicking here: Posted ImageTO MY FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT FUND

"Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value."
-Ayn Rand

#24 chexmix

chexmix

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hmmm... Had a customer return an M3 recently with a dead touchscreen. I fully quality checked the unit before shipping out and it was fine. This is something that apparently just "happens" which is highly highly frustrating as a reseller. I covered the cost to send it back to china for fixing. Interesting fix though... I hate soldering though :) and would only attempt this if there was not warranty option available. Personally I would be afraid of ruining the whole tablet and then the supplier won't do anything about it :(. Risk and reward, if it works it is still much cheaper than shipping it back.

One more reason I am teetering on the brink of just dropping the M3 model from my line-up.

-Roman

Wow. I'm glad I didn't get an M3 ... I had it in my TNT shopping cart, but I started seeing all the "wifi doesn't work" posts on here.

Do you recommend the M1 as an alternate, then?

Thx,

Glenn

#25 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I had this problem too and I could not find the solution on the Internet.
Fortunately, I've bought the tablet on Spemall, so they made the manufacturer, Pipo, to give the solution of this problem. The problem is hardware, so it is necessary to open the tablet.
The original solution was in Chinese, so I made my own in English with better picture. It is connected to the post.

I have this problem with the pipo m2 3g. I have done soldering many years ago, and have a soldering iron etc. This diode is this something i need to buy? Or just resolder? I would really appreciate your help on this. Also how did you disamntle? Return is not an option.

#26 desmondo

desmondo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I had this problem too and I could not find the solution on the Internet.
Fortunately, I've bought the tablet on Spemall, so they made the manufacturer, Pipo, to give the solution of this problem. The problem is hardware, so it is necessary to open the tablet.
The original solution was in Chinese, so I made my own in English with better picture. It is connected to the post.

Hi i have went got those diodes you refer too. My tab is the M2 3G with a deadscreen.I am in the process of prying it open. I would appreciate if you could guide me along with this repair.

#27 GalacticTeapot

GalacticTeapot

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

Just joined the forum, and I'm pretty nervous about my M3 having the same problem in the future (although I've heard that Pipo claims that they've fixed this touchscreen issue). I will be keeping an eye on this thread just in case. I want my new tablet to last a very long time :-D

#28 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Any news on this?

#29 antani121

antani121

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Well I just joined this club...

This is the version of my motherboard:
DS973 C V1.2

Anybody has some more news to share on this?

[EDIT]
I managed to solve this issue on the M3 3G...

http://www.slatedroi...chscreen-issue/

Edited by antani121, 05 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#30 tectonics

tectonics

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

Ok will be seeing the guy with the faulty M3 on Friday.

Edit: didn't see the guy on Friday; he said he would re-arrange for another day.

Jez

Hi Tablet Collector and the rest of the guys here in this group.
I too have a Pipo M2 3G tablet with a dead touchscreen. It died only after 4 hours of use while watching a YouTube video. Using a tablet with a USB keyboard is very painful and defeats the purpose of a tablet. I flashed the firmware but it didn't fix the dead touchscreen issue.

Tablet Collector, would you happen to be in Toronto by any chance to take a look at mine and see if a diode replacement can fix the issue?? :)

I contacted Amy at Pipo who suggested I send the tablet back to China for repairs and then they'll send it back to me. The cost of shipping from Toronto to China is nearly $200 which isn't worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users