PIPO m3 Dead Pixels and Touchscreen Doesn't Work

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Gerwin

Gerwin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:29 PM

Hi I bought Pipo m3 on pandawill.com last Sept 28.. and I received it Oct 11... On the first time that i boot the tablet I saw the deadpixel and 3days later.. I cant even navigate it using its touchscreen...
Anyone can help me regarding this problem? I dont have enough money to send it back to their company cause here in our country the customs will try to force you to pay more for them.. they want me to pay them almost $90 just for sending the tablet to china.. I think i didnt deserve this problem and expenses that I'm experiencing right now.. I just want this tablet work fine..

I will appreciate any inputs that could help me to fix this tablet.. I'm from the Philippines by the way...

Pandawill conversation on their CS.LINK HERE

https://www.dropbox....n1/DSC_0301.jpg
https://www.dropbox....sn/DSC_0297.jpg
https://www.dropbox....ua/DSC_0299.jpg
https://www.dropbox....70/DSC_0300.jpg

Thanks for the time!

#2 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hi Gerwin,

Which firmware are you running? The latest one in my main M3 thread dated 11th October fixes a number of issues. If you aren't already running this it would be worth trying to see if it helps with touchscreen issues.

Dead pixels you will have to live with if you cannot return the tablet.

Jez
Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#3 ivanz

ivanz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

that just sucks...

i have seen several dead pixels on tablets but not like that.. it's like a scratch from the inside..

#4 Gerwin

Gerwin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hi Gerwin,

Which firmware are you running? The latest one in my main M3 thread dated 11th October fixes a number of issues. If you aren't already running this it would be worth trying to see if it helps with touchscreen issues.

Dead pixels you will have to live with if you cannot return the tablet.

Jez

I don't know what firmware version installed on the tablet.. I'm losing my faith that this tablet can be fix.. I don't know what mainboard version that comes with this tablet so I dont have the guts to flash its firmware and upgrade it.. I'm not also particular on flashing androids cause I'm scared on bricking it.. and also it will lose the warranty so I dont usually flash/root my android devices.. this is the only time that I dont have any choice.. I can't send it back I guess so maybe I just wait if they can give me any refund because of the damage that they cause to me.. this is worst case that I invested my money and time on a wrong gadget... it really sucks... :(

#5 Gerwin

Gerwin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

that just sucks...

i have seen several dead pixels on tablets but not like that.. it's like a scratch from the inside..

yeah It sucks as you can see... and here's also the video how it's sucks BIGTIME.. i cant use the touch screen.

#6 ngsupb

ngsupb

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hi Gerwin,

Could you please check what is your board revision? Is it the new or old one ?
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__443353

#7 Gerwin

Gerwin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hi Gerwin,

Could you please check what is your board revision? Is it the new or old one ?
http://www.slatedroi...post__p__443353

here's the screenshot on its about tablet.. http://i.imgur.com/lV4eW.png
Posted Image
I think its an old board? is that right?
I dont have any idea how to root it and flash its firmware.. I'm scared to flash it because it may brick... wish me luck on this tablet.. :(

#8 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:43 AM

Gerwin, yes, you have an old board. Also it seems you have the latest firmware already flashed (from Aug 30)...

#9 AlienUFO

AlienUFO

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:37 AM

Wow, good luck.

What shipping company actually sent it to you. Because on the first image I see, Fedex, DHL and a few other couriers. Also, on the one tape, there is written: "Received in BAD ORDER". Which is really weird. :p

#10 NicolasG

NicolasG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

I had this problem too and I could not find the solution on the Internet.
Fortunately, I've bought the tablet on Spemall, so they made the manufacturer, Pipo, to give the solution of this problem. The problem is hardware, so it is necessary to open the tablet.
The original solution was in Chinese, so I made my own in English with better picture. It is connected to the post.
Attached File  Pipo M3 Touchscreen repair ENG.jpg   312.75KB   229 downloads

#11 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

HI NicolasG,

Thanks for the information, very useful. Someone I know describes exactly this problem with his M3 so I will try and fix it for him.

How did you open the M3?

Thanks
Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 12 November 2012 - 07:12 AM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#12 vitiss

vitiss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Anyone knows if this diod will help with not working touchscreen on pipo m2?

#13 NicolasG

NicolasG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Tablet_Collector,
It is rather easy to open. I used special plastic tools for this, but you can use mediators or obsolete credit card. I started opening from the upper right corner of the tablet, when you rotate it with back panel to yourself. The edge with slots and connectors should be the last one to open. The plastic is rather soft, so you won't break anything if you'll careful.
vitiss,
yes it will. We on 4pda already have the same solutions for Pipo M2 and Hyundai Rock X with the exactly the same problem.

#14 vitiss

vitiss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Tablet_Collector,
It is rather easy to open. I used special plastic tools for this, but you can use mediators or obsolete credit card. I started opening from the upper right corner of the tablet, when you rotate it with back panel to yourself. The edge with slots and connectors should be the last one to open. The plastic is rather soft, so you won't break anything if you'll careful.
vitiss,
yes it will. We on 4pda already have the same solutions for Pipo M2 and Hyundai Rock X with the exactly the same problem.

Well, i have tried, and the result is here: My diod touch screen still doesnt work. I have measured the voltage and it was 4.6v before inserting the diod. Do you think that i did something wrong?

Edited by vitiss, 14 November 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#15 NicolasG

NicolasG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

vitiss,
The voltage should be around 15V when the screen is on. Seems, like you measured it when the screen was off. As far as I remember, I had about the same voltage then. May be you soldered the diode with the wrong polarity. It won't work then. Just try to change the polarity or use another diode. It seems that Pipo M2 and Pipo M3 use exactly the same motherboard and people on 4pda already managed to repair the M2 touchscreen with this method also.

#16 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

Tablet_Collector,

Thanks NicolasG :good:

#17 NicolasG

NicolasG

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Thanks NicolasG :good:

Welcome!
Please, post the results of the repair here.

#18 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

Ok will be seeing the guy with the faulty M3 on Friday.

Edit: didn't see the guy on Friday; he said he would re-arrange for another day.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 21 November 2012 - 04:01 AM.

#19 giorgio652

giorgio652

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

Ebellking have told me that pipo have stopped making the m3 WiFi only model. Anyone bought one recently?

#20 vitiss

vitiss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:04 AM

I had this problem too and I could not find the solution on the Internet.
Fortunately, I've bought the tablet on Spemall, so they made the manufacturer, Pipo, to give the solution of this problem. The problem is hardware, so it is necessary to open the tablet.
The original solution was in Chinese, so I made my own in English with better picture. It is connected to the post.
Attached File  Pipo M3 Touchscreen repair ENG.jpg   312.75KB   229 downloads

Hi
I have the same problem - not working touch screen, but mine voltage is only 4.7 while screen is on. It is pipo m2. Maybe you can contact the seller again, so they would tell you what to replace in this case?