• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 patiot4229

patiot4229

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Hi,
I am new. Have read various forums on how to root and upgrading android but i can't find the actual details on how to root this tablet. appreciate if someone can help me. i read that after rooting, you are able to run battery calibrator that will prolong battery life. please advice

thanks x1000

#2 bugfriend

bugfriend

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

just try www.unlockroot.com, it worked well for me.

#3 patiot4229

patiot4229

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

just try www.unlockroot.com, it worked well for me.

Hi, thanks but i tried but could not download the file. Can you email it ?

Tq

#4 escondidohiker

escondidohiker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 02:33 AM

I've had an N10 for a couple of weeks. It shipped from the factory with Android 4.04. I used ICS Root Unlocker V1.0 http://sourceforge.n...ts/androidroot/ (no spyware, trojans or toolbars) and it worked great. You will need to install USB drivers first which you can find here: http://www.kmods.net..._32bit_p18.html

Now if I could just get ad hoc wifi working. Tried all the wpa_supplicant files I could find. None worked. If anyone figures this out PLEASE email me !

#5 patiot4229

patiot4229

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

I've had an N10 for a couple of weeks. It shipped from the factory with Android 4.04. I used ICS Root Unlocker V1.0 http://sourceforge.n...ts/androidroot/ (no spyware, trojans or toolbars) and it worked great. You will need to install USB drivers first which you can find here: http://www.kmods.net..._32bit_p18.html

Now if I could just get ad hoc wifi working. Tried all the wpa_supplicant files I could find. None worked. If anyone figures this out PLEASE email me !

thanks . any problems after rooting? Did u encounter wifi problem after rooting?

#6 patiot4229

patiot4229

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

thanks . any problems after rooting? Did u encounter wifi problem after rooting?

Hi , have downloaded the files. My PC can detect the tablet as a storage device. Do I save the files to the PC and install it? I tried but nothing happened. Or do i run it from the tablet's download folder?

Thanks for your advice

#7 ajai

ajai

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi

I'm having new Sanei N10 with 3g and GPS...

I'm facing with a problem with network connection.

I'm having a 3g SIm and I'm able to access data in 3g speed also .

But the issue is near to the signal bar it says "No service" and I'm not able to GSM calls or send SMS.

I've reset the device but still no luck.

Anyone faced the same issue ?

Please help.....

#8 escondidohiker

escondidohiker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

No problems so far. No noticeable difference other than root access. Wifi works as it always did, which seems to be a little slow when watching videos. I think this file just roots the device and does not make other extraneous tweaks and changes like one of the popular scripts out there.

#9 escondidohiker

escondidohiker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Hi , have downloaded the files. My PC can detect the tablet as a storage device. Do I save the files to the PC and install it? I tried but nothing happened. Or do i run it from the tablet's download folder?

Thanks for your advice

For the USB drivers, you unzip them in to a folder on your Windows PC. Put your tablet in USB Debugging mode under Developer Options (required). I'm using a Win XP machine. Then install USB drivers like any other driver. Open Device Manager. You should see Android N10 and MTP appear when you plug your tablet in via USB. I added the drivers manually, one at a time. Navigate to the directories you unzipped the files in to when windows asks you to choose your own driver file. It seems the same driver file was used for both MTP and N10. The exclamation point will go away when you have the drivers installed properly. You will not be able to root your device until you can talk to it, which means you must get USB drivers working first. I had also tried this installer/driver package, which also has a MAC version available, but it hung during installation. You might have better luck: http://junefabrics.c...id/download.php

Once the USB drivers are installed, you will run the ICS bat file from the directory on your PC you unzipped the ICS files in to with the USB cable connected to your N10. You must set your tablet in to USB Debugging mode under Developer Options first. You could test your connectivity to your tablet before you begin by installing ADB and opening a shell (google it), however adb is included and used by the ICS batch file, so just follow the directions from the batch file and it should work. Your tablet will reboot several times during rooting, and you will be prompted several times to "Hit enter to continue..." Each time, wait until the tablet has completely rebooted and you unlock the screen before hitting 'enter'. I had to do this procedure twice to get it to work. Don't be hasty. I hit 'enter' prematurely the on the first attempt.

Edited by escondidohiker, 25 October 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#10 patiot4229

patiot4229

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:45 PM

tq for details. the reason i wanted to root is that i can run battery calibrator app that claim can improve battery capacity. have u tried it and is it effective?

#11 escondidohiker

escondidohiker

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

tq for details. the reason i wanted to root is that i can run battery calibrator app that claim can improve battery capacity. have u tried it and is it effective?

nope but others have. hunt around for it. i rooted to get a wpa_supplicant file that support ad hoc working. no luck yet.

#12 ajai

ajai

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hi

But the issue is near to the signal bar it says "No service" and I'm not able to GSM calls or send SMS.

Please help.....

Any one got this issue...???

#13 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Hi

Please help.....

Hi Ajay,

I too have the same problem. My device is Ampe A10, I found that IMEI is set to 0 and thats why SIMCARD is not registering to netowrk.
Did you find any solution. Would appreciate your reply.

#14 sconlon

sconlon

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Hi Ajay,

I too have the same problem. My device is Ampe A10, I found that IMEI is set to 0 and thats why SIMCARD is not registering to netowrk.
Did you find any solution. Would appreciate your reply.

Same problem here too with a new N10. AM getting a good signal strength and when I search for networks it finds the one I got the SIM card from, registers on it but still can make phone calls or send/receive texts. Strange thing is that I had previously returned one to the Chinese supplier with my SIM card in it and they could make call and receive texts - I verified this to my own satisfaction.

#15 ataxy

ataxy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

thx! unlockroot did the job for me..
Ampei A10/Sanei N10 with CM10+tweak

#16 Partha

Partha

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

Same problem here too with a new N10. AM getting a good signal strength and when I search for networks it finds the one I got the SIM card from, registers on it but still can make phone calls or send/receive texts. Strange thing is that I had previously returned one to the Chinese supplier with my SIM card in it and they could make call and receive texts - I verified this to my own satisfaction.

Hi... did u r first device register to the network? I too get good signal strength but not registering, unable to make call, text or connect to 3G. Am from India where all mobile operators need IMEI from the device. By the way where are you from. Could u ask your Chinese supplier if they could give any patch to update IMEI. Your help will be appreciated most.

#17 darshantandel

darshantandel

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

Any one got this issue...???

Chack for IMEI number. Probably it is 0 (zero).

#18 olibo

olibo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I have same problem with my Sanei N10 IMEI=0. I tried to change my IMEI (from old cellphone) with echo 'AT+EGMR... then the pttycmd1 file was generated in /dev/ folder but after reboot I missed the pttycmd1 file. Can everbody explain why it`s lost? Thanks.

#19 Luke Hoskin

Luke Hoskin

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 AM

I have same problem with my Sanei N10 IMEI=0. I tried to change my IMEI (from old cellphone) with echo 'AT+EGMR... then the pttycmd1 file was generated in /dev/ folder but after reboot I missed the pttycmd1 file. Can everbody explain why it`s lost? Thanks.

hello, i have similar problem with my tablet (http://www.tabloidpu...40-imo-tab-zone)
i, foolishly did the dactory reset which is cause the ultimate problem, can't recognize sim card. can anyone give me a good tutorial to fix it? i've been searching to any other forum but it seems i can only find the solution for mtk chip and samsung galaxy series. please anybody help me.

#20 maq685

maq685

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Here's a script I made for Sanei / Ampe N10 IMX6Q 4.0

You can do several things including rooting and patching Google Play to unlock APPS like Netflix and stuff.

I hope you like it

FYI: You need to clear google play cache after using the script if you want the new apps to show as available on Google Play...