• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#41 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

How can I check which version of the motherboard is mounted on the device?
EDIT: I forgot to check the first post ;-)

Edited by ottogiugno, 17 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#42 buberfresh

buberfresh

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Pipo are a Joke, I am in contact with them as I have been for the last few weeks, firstly to try to rectify dodgy volume button that sticks down all the time, had to start a Paypal claim, still not resolved that, keep telling me they will partial refund but keep making excuses. Regarding the firmware, again chasing chasing chasing, very poor to say the least. The risk to others is, they still ship these old type boards and they are fully aware of the known defects, money comes first with them, customer service simply does not exist. I confirmed board via opening as had to open to try to fix this button issue, ironically the case is scratched heavily internally just where the switches are so assume another known issue, vol. down still sticks regardless. Not going to chance the upgrade. If I do get further help and info from Pipo (Dont hold your breath) I will post it on here as a new thread relating to this version mb. I did try manual install drivers but get error 10 device cannot start. (Windows 7 x86)

hey regarding the stuck volume down button. I experienced this on my m1 aswell and started panicking.
Then I reseted the device and it worked, so it was just some kind of software bug. Try it out, might work.

#43 tuvok

tuvok

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the custom duty, but the seller told me that there's nothing to worry about.
I don't have a decent camera to make a review, I hope my Galaxy S2 will be enough. Anyway, I'll try.

well... they always say: don't worry but most of time they're right, they use to ship in Europe.
Nothing so extensive as videoreview, few words will be good enough for us so coward to wait the others :D

#44 percheron1537

percheron1537

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationSpain...under sun

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

Thanks for your review :good:

After reading this, I'm working in spain in one Group Purchase with very good price (185-190 €)

The PIPO brand is working fine their tablets!

Regards
Carlos

#45 MrMaDavisUK

MrMaDavisUK

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

Hi guys

I have recently purchased the pipo movie m3 for an elderly youthful family member. She asked me to choose one for her and I opted for this. I have to say ,now I have it running the upgraded firmware I am very impressed with it . It seems well made and well able to perform most tasks. I managed to pick it up for £150 from hong Kong and was luckily able to avoid any import duty. Having got this one for a family member has also allowed me to review it for my own benefit. I am looking at getting another two tabs, one for my daughter and one for myself when money permits lol.I think I will opt for the pipo m3.

Anyway one quick question I have if someone could help me is, will the pipo movie m3 accept most memory cards or do you need to be careful in selecting one? I have seen a sandisk 32gb micro sdhc card for £14 which looks OK or a Samsung 32gb sdhc class 10 for around £20.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

Mark

#46 ciruelo

ciruelo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hi everyone,
Lucky all of you that already have the tablet!! And now with the new firmware it just makes a real difference I assume.
One quick question, is there any way to know which mainboard you'll be getting before actually purchasing it? Or do you have to trust the seller?
It wouldn't be funny getting the tablet with the old mainboard without the chance of getting the new fw for it and having it running at 252 Mhz...
Thanks!

#47 ottogiugno

ottogiugno

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Hi everyone,
Lucky all of you that already have the tablet!! And now with the new firmware it just makes a real difference I assume.
One quick question, is there any way to know which mainboard you'll be getting before actually purchasing it? Or do you have to trust the seller?
It wouldn't be funny getting the tablet with the old mainboard without the chance of getting the new fw for it and having it running at 252 Mhz...
Thanks!

I'm waiting for the delivery of my PIPO M3, shipped from China yesterday. DHL says that the delivery should take place in six days... I hope so.
I wonder if there is a possibility of having a suitable firmware for the old motherboard... I'm waiting for an answer from the seller. Only disassembling it is possible to check for the motherboard model?

#48 MrMaDavisUK

MrMaDavisUK

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm waiting for the delivery of my PIPO M3, shipped from China yesterday. DHL says that the delivery should take place in six days... I hope so.
I wonder if there is a possibility of having a suitable firmware for the old motherboard... I'm waiting for an answer from the seller. Only disassembling it is possible to check for the motherboard model?

Hi Guys
FYI I also ordered mine straight from china. website was http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/265-forum-rules/ and I can confirm I was able to flash it with the latest firmware availible on this site. I never opened it up to check I just assumed that as I was able to put it into recovery mode using the methood described all was ok.

Now If someone could give me a hint as to a sd card that works, that would be nice ;)

Regards Mark

#49 stanton

stanton

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Got mine from UK supplier Ingadget. Dearer than importing yourself but much less risky imho.
Jez

Preordered from them this afternoon.
Yes a bit more expensive but the tablet comes rooted and with the latest firmware updates/upgrades pre installed.
Also they perform a UK quality check, supply a case and HDMI lead and If you pre order you will have a lower remaining total to pay,
or will see an upgrade in delivery or case.
Also UK shipping so no tax issues for me, so, all in all it's a fair price when you weigh everything up :good:

#50 beo

beo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

I recived my M3 yesterday from Spemall.
Flashed it directly with Roman's FW and the M3 works like a charm :yahoo: .

Thanx

#51 pankan

pankan

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hi everybody, this is my first post in the forum.
Could you recommend an online shop to buy the Pipo M3?
I’ve seen that some members recommend e-digitech on ###########. Do you mean this this e-digitech? They ship from UK and sell the tablet for 346,52 euros + 23,40 euros for shipping (Greece). I expect something closer to the 182 euros of ipadalternative.
Unfortunately I cannot buy from ipadalternative since I had some trouble with them in the past.
I do not care if the shop is in China as long it is dependable and they sell the unit with the new board and preferably flashed with the correct firmware.

#52 Gerwin

Gerwin

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

can anyone help me about my problem on pipo m3 that i purchased on pandawill..
1. DEADPIXEL
2. faulty firmware..
3. SCREEN DIDN'T RESPOND ANYMORE after restarting the tablet.

I cant send the tablet back becuase here in our country the customs wants me to pay a lot of money before I can send it back to china.. so i dont have any choice to repair it.

Thanks in advance.

#53 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:01 AM

Hi Gerwin,

Which firmware are you running? The latest one at the start of this thread dated 11th October fixes a number of issues. If you aren't already running this it would be worth trying to see if it helps with touchscreen issues. Read the instructions carefully.

Dead pixels you will have to live with if you cannot return the tablet.

Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 20 October 2012 - 02:01 AM.

Recommended devices shown in Green
My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Phones (current): Samsung Galaxy S2 JB 4.1
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#54 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

I cant send the tablet back becuase here in our country the customs wants me to pay a lot of money before I can send it back to china.. so i dont have any choice to repair it.

Sorrow... :(
If you can't send it back, you have to try opening the tablet and fix it by yourself. It is not rare with chinese tablets, when touchscreen fault was because of bad cable contact. Try it - who knows...

#55 CoreyPL

CoreyPL

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Pipo released updated firmware for M3 based on old and new board.

Old board: http://www.pipo.cn/E...jian_show&id=47
New board: http://www.pipo.cn/E...jian_show&id=48

Look at the description:

Firmware of PIPO M3,it is suitable to new PCBA,the firmware version is #312.

M3 firmware,it is suitable to old M3 PCBA,the firmware version is #126.updated date is 20120830.

Those numbers - #312 (new PCB) and #126 (old PCB) are the same as the number in Kernel info in first screen (#312). So I assume this is the way of identifying your PCB without actually taking tablet apart. Since I don't have M3 myself, it would be good if someone can test it and confirm it (especially for old PCB).

#56 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:07 AM

Hi Corey,

Thanks for the information, it's just what we have been waiting for. Those kernel numbers do look like a way to identify which tablet you have. I can confirm it is correct for the new model. Can anyone with an old one (djpleasure?) please confirm their kernel number? I will add the info to the first post.

Pipo took way too long to get that firmware onto their website though. I will also add M3 fw links to the firmware section.

Edit : Confirmed by djpleasure, thanks. First post updated and firmware links added to firmware section.

Cheers Corey
Jez

Edited by Tablet_Collector, 20 October 2012 - 03:24 PM.

My Tablets (current): Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Google Nexus 7, Minix Neo X5, MK808 TV Stick
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Ramos W42, Ramos W30HD, Yuandao (Vido) N80IPS, Prestigio MultiPad 8.0 Ultra Duo, Ployer Momo8-IPS, Ainol Novo 10 Hero, Window N101+, Ployer Momo11 Speed, Window N90-II, Pipo (Movie M3, Mix M2, Max M1), Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2

#57 akkamannen

akkamannen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Getting my PIPO S1 next week, but I am really keen on the M3. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. How is M3 compared with My Galaxy Tab?

I found a place where the M3 is sold at $182, free shipping: http://www.china24sh...era-p-1098.html . Anyone tried that store? Anyone know of a cheaper and reliable store?

Thanks!

(A special thanks to Jez! Fantastic work man!

#58 Tablet_Collector

Tablet_Collector

Global Moderator

• PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hi akkamannen,

Sorry I can't answer your questions but thanks for your kind words :good:

Jez

#59 gfacin

gfacin

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

Hello guys, I'm from Brazil.

I'm watching the M3 for a few days now and I have to make a decision that I would like to share w/ you:

If you had a Pipo M3 and a Asus Eee TF101 for the very same final price (yes Brazilian importing taxes + customs are a huge problem), what would you choose?

The Pipo specifications seems better...

Thank you very much.

Giuseppe

#60 JJovian

JJovian

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

If you had a Pipo M3 and a Asus Eee TF101 for the very same final price (yes Brazilian importing taxes + customs are a huge problem), what would you choose?

I would prefere Asus TF101. :rolleyes: